Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Metal 914s would interest me. I got rid of my STH16s as I don't need that much DIN. I have STH14s, which I like, but would LOVE something all metal that I won't have to worry about cracking. (Never hoarded 'em -- always hoarded the Look tts).
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Yes, absolutely interested. And I love the look and feel of my old 957s. I also think that if you ski on a DIN setting of less than 9, you don't need an all metal binding, but that's just nitpicking.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    I concur. 957s kill it. I have three or so minty pair. And I gotta give a big shout out to Salomon for using the same hole pattern and exact same brake arms for the last, what, like 25+ years? So smart. It's amazing I can pull some 130mm arms off of an STH housing and pop them into a 957 housing and go.
    Agree, simplicity and compatibility are so important. Another vote for this resurrection. Maybe sth afd (as was said earlier). And bring back those 957 colors. Black, white, and blue/purple or whatever those were. I need something to match my Schneider one-piece.

Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    Isn't that what this thread is about? Listening to their customer. Not saying their going to do anything, but it appears that they are open to peoples ideas/opinions.

Are you someone who called french fries, freedom fries?
    Yes, my name is westoxified and I loathe the French. When I ski it's either pizza or shock-and-awe.
    bumps are for poor people

Yes. I would definitely be in favour. I've owned 4 pairs of 916s in my time, currently have 2 pairs, plus a pair of 920s. I'm not sure I would be able to pay full retail for them, but having them back in production would definitely help the supply situation in the resale market.

If perhaps there was a steezy stormtrooper white colour option and/or polished metal option, I could be convinced to buy some new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    And bring back those 957 colors. Black, white, and blue/purple or whatever those were.
    Got these on mint 7XKs a few summer's ago for $7.99 at Goodwill. Never seen another set the this colorway. 977s, not 957s.

ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Yes, bring them back...

916 and/or 914
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    Got these on mint 7XKs a few summer's ago for $7.99 at Goodwill. Never seen another set the this colorway. 977s, not 957s.

I have a pair of DIN 14 957s in the black/white/hot pink color scheme, which are the same colors you can see somewhere in License to Thrill, although probably on a DIN 16 version of the binding (I wonder if it is behind Kevin Andrews when he says he would be Elvis when asked about if he could be any musician in the world, who would he be). And they rule. And if I'm not mistaken, that was the last all-metal DIN 14 model they had?
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

997 Equipes went to 14 din (yellow) and came after the 957 series and are all metal. Just an fyi.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I don't have pics like that...

But, in support of a 916 comeback based on business sense, maybe they should check out how fast the binding harvest threads sell out every fall right after all the ski swaps are up.

There is demand for the 9xx series and even more demand for metal ones.
    Ain't that the truth, last fall I sold off pairs of 957E, 977E, and 997E, in nothing flat, and had people asking if I happened to have any more after they were all sold off.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    I gotta assume that there's a larger market for a DIN 14 binding as compared to a DIN 16 binding?
    I think it's determined less by the high end of the range than the low. As long as they'll get down to 5 or 6, those of us who run a 12 or below couldn't care less.
    not counting days 2016-17

Thumbs up metal 916's when???

Hey cody when do you think we will acctually be able to buy these? Was going to buy some sth16 for my mconkski but only want to mount them once. Wondering if I should hold out and wait or just go plastic sth... Would rather mount once w metal 916. What do you think??

zo Guest
    No Thanks.

I haven't noticed any differences in retention or performance between the STH 16 and the all metal 916's. I mount and set them up correctly and they work how they're supposed to. I prefer the STH's AFD to the spheric pedal looking AFD on the last version of the metal ones (although I bet they'd use the STH on any future metal versions), and the lighter weight is a bonus. Ironically, the only pair of Salomon bindings I've ever had a problem with were a pair of all metal 916's that had one heel that tested out way too low and needed to be set at 15 to perform as if it were set at 11 or 12.

On the other hand, I usually only keep bindings for one or two seasons. I can imagine the all metal 916's could be more coveted for those who wanna keep the same binding for 5 + seasons on many different skis...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Hell yeah if you can make em extra burley weigh 7 lbs and cost $600
    I'd feel better about the cost of Dynafits.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

More metal Solly love...
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I like the sound of anything all-metal. Caucasian, you seem to know which skis I need, now I probably need 916s as well.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I wish I could get a percentage check on how many people in this thread actually need a binding that goes to sixteen. I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I think it's determined less by the high end of the range than the low. As long as they'll get down to 5 or 6, those of us who run a 12 or below couldn't care less.
    Good point. Although I typically run my DIN at 10, I'm coming off knee surgery and want to go lower (say 7 or 8), at least initially. So that rules out the 916/STH 16 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    I wish I could get a percentage check on how many people in this thread actually need a binding that goes to sixteen. I know I don't.
    I run them at 13 (or 14 on 11-17's), and have come out of them. Just got some S920's too for special occasions.

FYI you want to be in the middle of the din range, so running 14 din bindings at 12 or 13 really isn't the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    997 Equipes went to 14 din (yellow) and came after the 957 series and are all metal. Just an fyi.
    I don't think the 14 DIN version was all metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    I don't think the 14 DIN version was all metal.
    According to Mechmaster here: [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35189"]Salomon binding production years (997, 977, 900) - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame] the 957 was the last year with the metal toe in the equipe model. I don't have any 997 so I don't know for sure.

On the 997s, I am pretty sure the toe on the pair I have aint plastic. But enough threadjack.... so now Alka where is that info on the new skis
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp View Post
    According to Mechmaster here: Salomon binding production years (997, 977, 900) - Teton Gravity Research Forums the 957 was the last year with the metal toe in the equipe model. I don't have any 997 so I don't know for sure.
    Yea, people kept thinking there was an "All Metal" 14 DIN version, however no one ever came up with the binding to prove it. As far as I know, until someone can produce the binder the last all metal 14 DIN binder solly made was the 747 I posted pictures of in the same thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
    Yes, but Euro distribution only along with all other Salomon Race gear. It exists just doesn't ship this side of the pond. Try to find it on the US site, non-existent.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 2phatspat View Post
    Hey cody when do you think we will acctually be able to buy these? Was going to buy some sth16 for my mconkski but only want to mount them once. Wondering if I should hold out and wait or just go plastic sth... Would rather mount once w metal 916. What do you think??
    Look HERE if you want metal. Still a few pair left. Don't hold out.