FS: 2010 Transition Covert, Large, Orange, 2010 Fox 36 Talas RC2, complete bike

Frame: 2010 Transition Covert, Burnt Orange, Large
    Fork: 2010 Fox 36 Talas 160RC2
    Shock: 2010 Fox Float RP23, large canister
    CHAINRING: Truvativ 44/32/22 (Included with crankset)
    STEM: Truvativ Team 75mm
    HANDLEBAR: Truvativ Stylo 30mm Rise
    HEADSET: FSA Orbit MX / Orbit Xtreme Pro / Z1.5R / TBC Integrated
    CRANKSET: Truvativ Stylo 175mm
    BOTTOM BRACKET: Truvativ GXP
    FRONT BRAKE: Avid Elixir CR 8"
    REAR BRAKE: Avid Elixir CR 8"
    TIRE - FRONT: Maxxis Advantage 26x2.4
    TIRE - REAR: Maxxis Advantage 26x2.4
    PEDALS: N/A
    SEATPOST: Truvativ Team Dual Clamp
    SADDLE: TBC Park n' Ride AM
    GRIPS: ODI lock-on
    CASSETTE: SRAM PG980 11-32
    WHEELSET: TBC Revolution AM
    REAR SHIFTER:SRAM X9
    FRONT SHIFTER: SRAM X9
    REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X9
    FRONT DERAILLEUR: SRAM X9
    CHAIN: KMC Z9000

Total Retail (new): $4350
    Asking: $2500
    Total use: 4 weeks, 4 days a week, 5 hours a day - XC and AM only, no jumps or major crashes whatsoever.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, my bike is currently at home while I'm visiting family. I bought this Covert this summer and rode it for the first time on August 25th. I rode it for a total of 4 weeks this fall - entirely XC and AM. No jumps at all, I'm too fragile. This bike was professionally maintained by a mechanic with 10+ years of experience.

The only dings on the bike whatsoever are a few very, very small dings in the downtube from rocks getting kicked up and a small amount of cable rub on the left chainstay from the brake housing. I will produce pictures as soon as I return home to my bike.

I am only selling this bike because I plan on traveling this winter and need the money. Whoever gets this bike is getting a screaming deal on the best bike I've ever owned.

Feel free to email me with any questions regarding this bike. I will be able to produce pictures soon. james.langley07@gmail.com or send me a PM.

-TTT

Last edited by TwinTipTele; 11-11-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Christ, long time buddy.

Holy crap dude you're still alive? Where are you and what the f** are you doing with your life?

-TTT

nice deal, if that was a med i'd totally buy it. i'm torn between this bike and the specialized pictch for new trail bike.

Quote Originally Posted by dft View Post
    nice deal, if that was a med i'd totally buy it. i'm torn between this bike and the specialized pictch for new trail bike.
    Man I'm obviously bias, but this bike totally kicks the pitch's ass for my type of use. It's burly, flicky, climbs well.... Delicious. If I lived in a warmer climate where I could ride year round I wouldn't even think about selling this thing.

-TTT

Not to mention the Transition guys are awesome to deal with on warranty issues, etc.

Sick bike, nice build, great price. I will probably upgrade my '08 at some point but a large is far more bike than I need.

i hear yea, i'm still heavily leaning todward the covert. the one thing the pitch has is one degree slacker HA (i like the steeps). but the covert should be slack enough. how tall are you with the large?

I'm 6', maybe 6'1 on a good day, and I really like it. Climbs well, descends better than well... Pretty much the perfect bike for me. A few of my friends that have tried it are definitely shorter than me and they all loved it... I'd guess that anyone under 5'10 would find it a bit large, but it's hard to say. Plus, the 3 different settings for the fork (160-130-110) essentially give you 3 radically different bikes in one.

-TTT

I'd buy the TALAS fork....