US to Canada Re-Shipping service

A friend told me about something they heard...can it be true?
    Can I get in on Arc'teryx on sale and buy things from "US only shipping" ebayers and companies?

Well, I don't know if it's too good to be true, but check out
    www.myUS.com

I was inspired to pass this on, specifically by mtnlion's good work, and the goodwill of others on this site. Hopefully it works.

points #1 and #2 on their website are bullshit
    holy fucking shitballs

ur still gonna get killed on duty when shipped fedex from the US... and yes its true theres a few other companies that offer this service as well probably better ones than that one as well...

I'm gonna be in Nova Scotia in January, I could bring a few things up with me.

duties

I've been buying tons this year from the US and so far , have payed Zero $$$ in duties. I don't really know why, but have done Skis vis Fedex, which I shipped to my GF as a present from REI, and there were no ditie charges. So Fedex does not always = Duty pain. Pants from Evo, = zero duties, jacket from bc.com = 15$ shipping with dutie charged built in, rei packs chipped to my address Canada air = no duty. so its not always bad

looks good to me, any idea what their charges are like?
    http://www.betacuts.com
    - Custom vinyl decals -

Quote Originally Posted by Busheedo View Post
    I've been buying tons this year from the US and so far , have payed Zero $$$ in duties. I don't really know why, but have done Skis vis Fedex, which I shipped to my GF as a present from REI, and there were no ditie charges. So Fedex does not always = Duty pain. Pants from Evo, = zero duties, jacket from bc.com = 15$ shipping with dutie charged built in, rei packs chipped to my address Canada air = no duty. so its not always bad
    Zero in duty but how much in GST/PST? You are the exception if you have paid no tax.

Quote Originally Posted by reganized View Post
    I'm gonna be in Nova Scotia in January, I could bring a few things up with me.
    Where at?
    Have sled, will travel.

i lived in montreal for a couple of years and found it to be hit and miss on import duties. I think skis are exempt (there is a list somewhere??? I think http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/ has pretty good info).

Stay Away from UPS!!!! I always found that USPS was the best bet. Never heard of the company you linked to.

jim

US made goods have no duty, so if you buy something made in the US, no duty.

I got a bike shipped Fedex and no duties yet, so hit and miss.
    However, my point is that it's maybe not a bad service for companies that *won't*
    ship to Canada. ex: Patagonia's Dillon outlet, some site I found 6pm.com (they have shoes I want for $20.) Also, BC.com and some other sites have restrictions on certain items, like a non-compete clause - can't get Arc'teryx to Canada.
    I remember way back when, when Arc'teryx packs were a lot cheaper at MEC, they imposed some rule that ppl in the US couldn't buy them.

Anyway, as a soft goods depot, and for ebay sellers that are inflexible (bike parts), it seems like a good idea.

Taxes are moot due to savings, and lack of local availability.
    Ex: Shoes I want are $20, vs $70 US, and I can't get them locally.
    If they were here, I would pay tax on $70....

STAY AWAY FROM UPS.
    The short is that they charge a "brokerage" fee which has been $30-$40 just for assessing duties, which might be as low as $5.

Couloir - Which companies?

Just trying to share a possible option

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    points #1 and #2 on their website are bullshit
    I've run into both of those situations more than once. Saying MOST might be an overstatement but there are lots especially for the shipping.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy