Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    So are you watching tonight Arty? Between these two teams, you never know what you're going to get. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that it could go either way...
    I'll probably watch the 2nd half. Was gonna watch the whole game but plans had to change.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

looking for more of this action tonight. go C's

crab in my shoe mouth

How can Rondo be so horrible at free throws? Seriously...this isn't Shaq...but he shoots from the charity stripe like he is.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

So any bets on this going to a game seven?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    looking for more of this action tonight. go C's
    You're getting it, but not from the "C's." Quite the whoopin' so far.

yikes
    crab in my shoe mouth

Going into game 6, I felt the Lakers would win this one, but the Celtics would win game 7. I think the Celtics will bounce back well after this big loss and play much better in game 7, but I think the Lakers carry over their energy and defense from Game 6 and win a close final game.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

The stage is set. One game. Winner take all. The two most storied franchises in the history of professional basketball.

The last time these two teams met in a game seven was over 26 years ago. The outcome favored the home team. Will history repeat itself? How? Will the home team win this one again, or will the victor of that series walk away with the trophy for an 18th time. Phil Jackson has never lost a series after winning the first game. The Celtics are 4-0 against the Lakers in game sevens. Which record will die on Thursday night? Which team will indelibly write their names into history?
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    The stage is set. One game. Winner take all. The two most storied franchises in the history of professional basketball.

The last time these two teams met in a game seven was over 26 years ago. The outcome favored the home team. Will history repeat itself? How? Will the home team win this one again, or will the victor of that series walk away with the trophy for an 18th time. Phil Jackson has never lost a series after winning the first game. The Celtics are 4-0 against the Lakers in game sevens. Which record will die on Thursday night? Which team will indelibly write their names into history?
    vic the brick? is that you?

i don't like the celts odds w/out Perk...he is a force on D. will Scal dress?

the lakers were firing on all cylinders last night and the celts just didn't have it. it's a funny game...all depends on who shows up, either team can win.

I blame jet-lag. That and terrible play by the Celtics. They did keep LA under a 100 points, though. (Let's see... what else positive came out of that game?... NOTHING!!!)

The good news is, Boston rarely has two duds in a row like that. The series hasn't had a buzzer beater game yet... game seven, down to the wire... GO C's!

Interesting how few fouls were called on the Lakers
    Hopefully that will be more even for game 7.

fffffftttt. The sound of the air going out of all the little green balloons. Pounded like a red headed step child and the best team woke up just in time. Show Time.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    Interesting how few fouls were called on the Lakers
    Hopefully that will be more even for game 7.
    I've been bitching about the refs as much as anyone, but I've never gotten the foul parity argument unless the discrepancy is egregious. Many if not most games will have a foul discrepancy like last night's. In this case, the Lakers were attacking the basket with almost reckless abandon. I say almost because they weren't charging in the process. Defensive fouls are often a consequence in this situation. They always have been. Granted, I missed the 1st half last night; but from what I saw in the 2nd half, the refs were rewarding agressiveness. There were a ton of no calls in the 2nd half. When Kobe threw up that alioop to Shannon Brown, Rondo shoved Kobe. Could have been a technical. Instead, no foul. The refs either didn't see it or let it go because it was off the ball. I saw a lot of other similar plays on both sides in the 2nd half. In that regard they seemed pretty consistent, and all I really ask for from an official is consistency. If you're going to call something, call it universally. They seemed to be letting the small stuff go.

One other note about fouls in last nights game...keep in mind that Fisher got his 4th only 15 seconds into the 3rd quarter. So fouls effectively took one of the Laker's starters out of the game for most of the 2nd half. Rasheed was the only Celtic with 4 fouls, of which he got his 4th much later. The Celtics had 21 personal fouls and the Lakers had 17. The Lakers were 17-19 from the charity stripe and the Celtics were 6-10. That's only 9 more attempts on 4 more fouls. The C's lost by 22. Not a big deal.
    Last edited by Arty50; 06-16-2010 at 01:01 PM.

going to game 7? not sure what to wear? look no further...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeff-Hamilton-NB...1?cmd=ViewItem

Celtics will do better tonight. Especially with their new assistant coach:

Courtside tix for $25k to $39k. I assume that comes with a cheerleader, later.

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    How can Rondo be so horrible at free throws? Seriously...this isn't Shaq...but he shoots from the charity stripe like he is.
    Its because his hands are so disproportionate. Very long fingers/large hands, which leads to excellent ball control, and the ability for the man to do what he does, but can cause the ball to not be as predictable from a free throw, jump shots, im not sure about, but he's better at those because it might have something to do with being able to jump when you take the shot.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I sure hope Jeff VanGundy smokes his crack before he goes on the air tonight.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Its because his hands are so disproportionate. Very long fingers/large hands, .
    Hmmmm....Pretty sure DAMNED NEAR EVERY NBA PLAYER has large hands and fingers. Maybe not Scal.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Its because his hands are so disproportionate. Very long fingers/large hands, ....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Hmmmm....Pretty sure DAMNED NEAR EVERY NBA PLAYER has large hands and fingers. Maybe not Scal.
    Tonight's replacement starting center for the Boston Celtics...

Continuing in his quest for the precious championship ring...

With disproportionately long fingers and large hands...

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The Alpha Males are wearing green tonight. I'm about ready to burn this mother fucker down.... not really, but is gonna be fun.

BEAT LA!!!
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

advres Guest

spook Guest
    i've been in the anybody but the lakers crowd from the beginning.

maybe sheed will dig deep and actually care tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    maybe sheed will dig deep and actually care tonight.
    He just needed some of that west coast chronic in his system, and now a little urgency to go with it. He'll come out firing tonight (I hope).
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    With Choco Tacos! FKNA!

(and the supermodel wasn't bad either)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.