Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

NBA action, it's FANtastic. 2009-2010 season.

lets get it going. this season is going to rule.

i had an agent place a tidy bet on the celtics to win it all in vegas this past weekend.

celtics v cavs on national tv wednesday to kick it off.

lets hear it..

rajon rondo is going to be even better (hard to imagine)
    KP, KG, BBGD, RW represent the best defensive rotation of bigs in the east.
    paul pierce is fucking money.
    jumpshot jesus is not done. he will kill.
    eddie "vapor" house is always deadly.

i have more, will add later.

NBA action is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    i had an agent place a tidy bet on the celtics to win it all in vegas this past weekend.
    What did you get for odds? Mandalay Bay had them 4 to 1 yesterday and it's been coming down a bit since the line opened.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

bobcats gonna shock the world this year. Playoffs here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    What did you get for odds? Mandalay Bay had them 4 to 1 yesterday and it's been coming down a bit since the line opened.
    13:5

(my agent may have been drunk when the transaction went down, and i havent seen the ticket..... so....)

$100 bet.

(my agent may have been drunk when the transaction went down, and i havent seen the ticket..... so....)
    May have been?

13:5

$100 bet.
    Your flight to Vegas to cash is going to cost more than the winner itself. Best of Luck

Blazers make the WCF this year, may even topple the Lakers depending on who's healthy, record, etc. Believe that.

And get ready for the Oden the NBA's been waiting for...the dude was throwing down huge numbers in preseason and only playing 20 minutes a game. Add Andre Miller the Thriller and it's on like a dong in Basom's mouth.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Sock View Post
    Your flight to Vegas to cash is going to cost more than the winner itself. Best of Luck

well, i hope my agent who holds the ticket will do the honors. otherwise, he stole my money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Blazers make the WCF this year, may even topple the Lakers depending on who's healthy, record, etc. Believe that.

also i must be drunk one, the season starts tomorrow, not wednesday in cleveland.

Yeah, I made a bunch of prop bets this weekend in LV. I put $100 on the over for the Nuggets this season (52.5) and I also put $100 on the Nuggets for the championship at 14-1. We didn't match up with the Lakers well, Chauncey went invisible, and we did ZERO to improve the team.

But I feel good about it!

Naughty by Nature is the halftime entertainment for the home opener. And they are giving away free lift tickets to Copper for all attendees. How can you lose? Well, except for having to go to Copper.
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    bobcats gonna shock the world this year. Playoffs here we come!
    man, i hope thats true. if only MJ would stop meddling.
    hopefully tyson chandler will hold up.
    i'm really digging felton and dj in the backcourt.
    you go to many games? i'll be at most of the home games, let me know if you come up.

But I feel good about it!
    nice! it always makes the season that much more gut wrenching.

'sheed predicted the celtics will pass the 72 win mark. heh. sheed.

nice! it always makes the season that much more gut wrenching.

'sheed predicted the celtics will pass the 72 win mark. heh. sheed.
    Celtics O/U was something easy, like 58 games. I would've made that bet if I hadn't already made approximately 293 wagers on the weekend.
    -- Jack Tackle

I kinda think the Nuggets will take a step back this season. A bunch of Western Conference teams improved quite a bit and I don't think they kept pace. I'm not sure that Andre Miller is going to be the straw that stirs the drink in Portland, since he is a guy who needs to have the ball a lot and so is Roy, but they should improve over last year's effort.

It sounds crazy but I can definitely see the Clips playing .500 ball this year. There is some real talent on that team.

The East isn't really that interesting. I remain unenthusiastic about the 'Sheed acquisition, although he will definitely spice up postgame press conferences. Marquis Daniels is a bigger key to the Cs' success than Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    The East isn't really that interesting. I remain unenthusiastic about the 'Sheed acquisition, although he will definitely spice up postgame press conferences. Marquis Daniels is a bigger key to the Cs' success than Wallace.
    you aren't really that interesting, and Marquis looked good last night. P.Loring just moved in up the block and bought a 58" LCD and the basketball package. woot

our friend bill s. is right about this:
    If you are not a Celtics fan, instinctively, you will dislike the 2009-10 Celtics. Sheed is going to exacerbate every already-annoying quality they had. There will not be a more unpopular opponent in the league. You will see a steady stream of violent chest bumps, screams to the ceiling, angry nodding, eye bulging, intimidating looks, hard fouls, low-scoring games and everything else you'd ever hate about a basketball team. They will feed off your negative energy, live for it, seek it, thrive on it. That's how the season will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    I'm not sure that Andre Miller is going to be the straw that stirs the drink in Portland, since he is a guy who needs to have the ball a lot and so is Roy, but they should improve over last year's effort.
    Agreed but Sarge (McMillan) is pretty goot at instilling the "team first" attitude in his teams. And his players know it is definitely his way or the highway (ask Sergio Rodriguez, Darius Miles, Zach Randolph, etc. who all complained about playing time). 'Dre will have to adjust but with the depth of our second squad (Andre Miller PG, Rudy Fernandez SG, Travis Outlaw SF, Juwan Howard PF, Joel Pryzbilla the Vanilla Gorilla Dolla Billa Thrilla C), he's got a lot of talent to orchestrate and LOT of options at the wings. He's been saying the right things (which means a little) about just wanting to win at this point in his career. Put it this way--IF he is serious and makes the adjustment, that second squad can compete with most of the starting squads in the league.

And our starting squad has what I would wager as three all stars this year in Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Oden. Add a healthy Martel Webster at SF who missed all of last season, and we're looking tough!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I also liked Simmons' take on George Karl. . .

George Karl
    The best five coaching years of Karl's career, along with the following year.

1987 Warriors: 42-40, lost in second round to eventual champs
    1988 Warriors: 16-48, fired

1993 Sonics: 55-27, lost Game 7 of Western Conference finals
    1994 Sonics: 63-19, lost in first round to No. 8 seed (first time ever)

1996 Sonics: 64-18, lost in NBA Finals
    1997 Sonics: 57-25, lost in second round

2000 Bucks: 52-30, lost Game 7 of Eastern Conference finals
    2001 Bucks: 41-41, missed playoffs

2009 Nuggets: 54-28, lost in Western finals to eventual champs
    2010 Nuggets: ???????

(Translation: You don't want to ride the George Karl Train after a good year. He gets snippy, the players tire of him, bad things happen, he spends a lot of time standing on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets and that, "Look, I don't care anymore, if they want to go down in flames doing it their way, that's fine, I'll just stand over here" look on his face. Keep your guard up, Nuggets fans.)
    -- Jack Tackle

And our starting squad has what I would wager as three all stars this year in Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Oden. Add a healthy Martel Webster at SF who missed all of last season, and we're looking tough!
    Yeah, a small forward / shooting guard that shoots in the high 30%s and has Yao-like feet is the secret!
    -- Jack Tackle

a 58" LCD and the basketball package.
    Urrrghhhhhhhh... I might come back for Alex' wedding a week early just to watch hoops.

Rev- no doubt in my mind that the Zers will be a force, I've just never been an Andre Miller fan. There's always been a ton of talent but he sometimes goes to this weird passive mode that is frustrating to see. Hopefully McMillan can keep him focused- when you look at the number of coaches he's had in his pro career, it's kind of astounding, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah, a small forward / shooting guard that shoots in the high 30%s and has Yao-like feet is the secret!
    I can dig the Yao feet thing but his stats are a bit better than your 30%, jive ass bitch...38% from 3 and 42% from the field 2 season ago at 21 years of age. That ain't too shabby, Strummer. I'll slap your mouth!

Exclamation

I'll slap your mouth!

Bitch looks drunker than I am.

I can dig the Yao feet thing but his stats are a bit better than your 30%, jive ass bitch...38% from 3 and 42% from the field 2 season ago at 21 years of age. That ain't too shabby, Strummer. I'll slap your mouth!
    I did say "high 30s." If his sesamoid doesn't explode like a North Korean rocket he might be okay.

Over/under is 53.5 wins. Wanna put $100 on them?
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    man, i hope thats true. if only MJ would stop meddling.
    hopefully tyson chandler will hold up.
    i'm really digging felton and dj in the backcourt.
    you go to many games? i'll be at most of the home games, let me know if you come up.
    oh yeah, I should be at most of the games.

The NBA where retarded happens. Oden an all-star? Really. He's Ralph Sampson the 2nd.

Nugs win the NW division unless GK and the d-leaguer AC fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    The NBA where retarded happens. Oden an all-star? Really. He's Ralph Sampson the 2nd.

Nugs win the NW division unless GK and the d-leaguer AC fuck it up.
    Okay amigo. Let's wager....one bottle of $50 scotch on the division. If neither win, it's a wash. Dig?

And you'd best recognize that Oden has lost weight, completed rehabbing his knee and looks like a different player on the court, according to ESPN, hoopshype, etc. He'll straight dominate Nene any day of the week. Birdman, too, for that matter. Whether he'll last a whole season may be a different matter but he looks very legit right now.

Step.