Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EastCoast ULLRFEST 09 picture thread

First off, massive props to BigDaddy for hosting and throwing down for a day to remember. From buying a pig, arranging for Bruce to cook it, renting a tent, buying beer, a movie screen and providing breakfast, He provided everything for a sucessful party again this year.

Pig on a stick

BD, Train07, Stayalert, and Treewell dweller set up a fine cover for the event
    Mtbikeboarder [room for the night in background] agrees.

Chef Bruce with the pig on a spit, a day pigs would die.

Pork pulled for the feast..

Bellies full, flame arrived

More to come
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

All fired up, the serious drinking begins,

JTRAN feeling the buzzz

Shiny happy people

BD presents a prize to a happy winner during the raffle

Stayalert [a Wild Stallion in his own right] stoked with his new shirt. Magicmountainpinhead saying "stay away from Dowork I ruffied him for myself"

A few Famous Internet Skiers

Some serious thinking going on here, I've seen black diamonds center

Firewater makes the rounds

Everyone awoke bright and cheery, BD "and he abused the sausage patty[link]" working the breakfast fire.

Full of breakfast and ULLR stoke adventures are being planned

The party over, the curtain is raised ..........till next year
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 10-27-2009 at 05:50 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

BigDaddy is thee man.
    That is all

Wink not really all..

"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the field (for it is in Granville that our scene lies), rattling along the tenttops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness.

And then a cry rang out.

"who the fuck is that snoring?"

Apologies to Edward George Bulwer-Lytton,"Paul Clifford" 1830

Thank you Big Daddy, your hospitality is top rate.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    "It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the field (for it is in Granville that our scene lies), rattling along the tenttops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness.

And then a cry rang out.

"who the fuck is that snoring?"

Apologies to Edward George Bulwer-Lytton,"Paul Clifford" 1830

That was Bluebird and he was able to keep it up even after I put the pillow over his face. And I am sure he spent all day yesterday "paying" for that snoring and whiskey.

HUGE props to Jeff - BD for a phenomenal event. After a day of down pour the sky's held out for us over night. It was an amazing time, glad to meet/see so many of you! Snowsprite, thank you for all your cooking efforts! You took good care to make sure every one was fed.
    Last edited by bumpskier; 10-26-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Hell yeah, huge props to BD, it's the first time I've watched ski movies on a 25 foot retractable screen outdoors in a cyclone while digesting pulled pork/smoked chicken breast BBQ sandwiches and leaning on a Switchback keg for support...

Bluebird, your tent-utilization steeze was impressive- I haven't seen anyone pull one of those half-out-of-the-tent jobbers since like '05.

It was great to meet all you mags and good to see that nobody gives a shit if it's pouring. Think how much more fun it will be when there's snow!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

BigDaddy gets major league props for this event... insane awesomeness

Now if I had only decided to not stay up for the previous 48 hours to go ski powder in QC prior to this event (or if I wasn't such a sleep-weenie) I could have been there in body as well as mind...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Fire, rain, beer, film:

What do you bring to Ullrfest? A propane-powered flamethrower, of course:

Big Daddy, thanks for an amazing Ullrfest celebration! You went all out and

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Nice boondogle people!.... Holy shit that was a ton-o-rain...unfortunately i spent the weekend building a levy to contain the stream in my back yard and pumping out my basement. Any of you boaters out there will appreciate this...the West branch of the deerfield level went from 0 to like 5 feet over the gauge in a matter of hours. Problem was that a couple of hundred cfs was running into my basement. oh and i forgot...my driveway washed away as well. Hope you throw this party again next year.

Big Daddy.(jeff) great party and by far the best movie outdoor screen i have ever seen. It was great to meet so many new poeple and have such an awesome time....alittle weather was nothing......Now lets hope that our wished are granted with large dumps in the future....
    always forward but never straight

BD thanks for the great party for the second year running. I hope you enjoy the new skis.

(big daddy now owns big daddies)

Looks like I missed a good time. I've missed this place.

and EW/Train, yes, you are responsible for my first post in at least 10 months...thanks.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Im sad I missed you guys. Sounds like it was another good time.
    good to see the flame thrower made another appearance. Was spinal tap there?
    Live

excellent flame thrower pics. another big thanks to Jeff for hosting a great time.

Thanks BD for the great time. Really cool place you have.

Marcus, yes

Props to Bid Daddy and everyone who helped for making it an awesome night. Great food, Awesome people, and Great ski flicks. Good times and a great kickoff for the season. Thanks Again.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Awesome party, thanks BD for volunteering to do it again this weekend!
    It was awesome to meet a bunch of you guys, see you in the park!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Joe,
    NOOOOOooooooooo

All I know is BigD deserves a standing ovation for pulling that baby off given the conditions that'd been forecasted, going from so-so, to bad, to couldn't get much worse. He didn't give up, pulled shit together and it was unfuckingbelievable. Major props also to those who braved the rain. You were well rewarded, especially when the rain held off when it was most important, during your tent set ups. Trust me it wasn't like that earlier.

After that it didn't matter. The torch got a great fire going (thanks spinal tap) which got fed through till the end. After Jeff called it a night, (for himself anyway, what was that... 9:30pm? :-)), and later when we were in our tents, the rain came down HARD, and the frkn wind most of the night, thought for sure we were gonna get blown away.
    Anyway, someone must have pics of the dinner in the main tent. That was way too cool. We're talking full tent and TABLE CLOTHES here, man. My camera shut down way early. I got no goods.

Thanks BigD for the colossal effort and supreme success
    [and also to Chef Bruce..well done man]

Hey,
    And that breakfast! FKNA
    someone has to have shots of that.

Big Kudos Jeff

me chasing my half blind and deaf dog around, BB snoring all night, plus Wood throwing an extra little bass in there made for a no sleep night

Thanks for another great time BD, it was clear an amazing amount of effort went into it and was well worth it. I guess those binders are going on those Daddies, enjoy them and thanks again!

Thanks to all who came, in spite of one of the worst forecasts possible! Hopefully you were rewarded enough and left happy! It was totally worth the effort and would not have been a party without you. As many know, it turned out to be a great night and the rain held off for most of the evening. I really enjoyed getting to know many mags a little better and only regret not being able to talk to everyone. My non-mag friends were duly impressed and had as much fun as anyone. Ullr must be smiling, because there was such a great turnout, not an ounce of pig left and the keg was killed!

Special thanks to those who helped set up, Earlywood (aka Train07), Stayalert, Treewell Dweller and of course, Bruce for manning the smoke pit. Snowsprite and VT-Freeheel for all the prep help and also EW, SS, Ziggy and Bob for helping with numerous loads for clean-up. My apologies to High Anxiety for forgetting to hand out two copies of his most-excellent ski film and to GPetrics for forgetting to promote his teams great calendars. (If you haven't seen either’s work, you are really missing something!) Lastly, I am so stoked to finally be the owner of a pair of Big Daddies, courtesy of Samtheman... Now we just need some snow!

This is where I got the pig... seriously:

This is how I transported it... seriously:

Bruce's store (where we put it on the stick):

Many spits... but we used the biggest one, of course, "The Beast":

Stayalert and Earlywood proving they can still get things up:

Tent central:

The only causality of the night... but the tent survived:

Movies being watched (or played at least)... "Local Routes" by Highanxiety, "Wild Stallions" (cut to 20 minutes after removing the jibbing) by Meathead Films, "In Deep" by MSP and "Blizzard of Ahhs" by Greg Stump:

Dental convention study of alternative pain treatments (Jimbo, JTran10 and I'veSeenBlackDiamonds):

EW says, "What'd the rain do to my camera?"

VT-F says, "What rain?":

Reganized says, "I can has many beers at ones":

The official sacrificial ski:

Phall, playing with fire:

Ullr's offering the morning after:

And from the remains... grilled sausages and eggs, oh yeah!:

So it is now in Ullr's hands, but if he was watching, he could only be seriously impressed. We are either deserving of a great winter for ignoring such crappy weather, or a bunch of beer craving, pig loving party animals... (I vote both!) Lastly, congrats to Kristin, who won the Grand Prize of the evening, a lift ticket to Stratton Mt.!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Reganized says, "I can has many beers at ones":

I am loving this SHIT out of this picture

again, good work EC mags
    Live

we were holding our lighters up waiting for you, man :-)

I'm agreeing with samurai
    That is one classic pic

thanks once again
    you are like the fkn energizer bunny

^ For the record, that was not a complete TKO... Mike rallied and was up and smiling just minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    After Jeff called it a night, (for himself anyway, what was that... 9:30pm? :-)),
    Liar! I was still up partying but, overheard Terry reading you your bedtime stories...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I did not lie
    I fabricated
    I heard youout there making all that frkn noise, wild man
    :-))