Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Official Maggette Mini in Crested Butte Thread - 2009

The Official Maggette Mini in Crested Butte Thread - 2009

It's official. Maggettes, and wives and girlfriends of maggots are rallying and we're putting on a Maggette mini in Crested Butte! Please check this thread regularly for the latest news!

The idea sprouted here, on Punkmouse's Rippin' Chix thread
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171986"]Hey ladies .... Rippin Chix Steeps Camp... who's in - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

__________________________________________________ ______________
    Here's what it looks like so far.

Where: Crested Butte
    When: Most likely Feb. 6-7, 2010
    What: This is a maggette mini, which means no boys allowed to ski with the chix
    Who's Invited? Any chick that likes to rip on skis. People impersonating females and/or who have a Y-chromosome are not invited.

Lodging: Many women will likely need lodging. I'd like to try to organize shared lodging for people, hopefully at places where we can get good deals. More details later.
    Tickets: I need to look into the latest deals with CBMR regarding discounts, as they seem to have discontinued all of the discounts they offered last year. Perhaps a group rate might be an option. More on this later as well.

Cool Stuff: Splat has graciously offered all chix who show up to this even a free FKNA shirt, with the stipulation that we need to shoot a group pic with all of the rad gals wearing these awesome shirts

__________________________________________________ ______________
    Who's In?

So far, these people have committed to attending, barring extraspecial circumstances that would prevent them from attending this fabulous function:

mtnbikerskierchick
    punkmouse
    skiberly
    brosia
    fastfroggy
    SheRa
    Making a Pizza
    baxter
    wandering, not lost

Out-of-CO maggettes who will be trying their best to make it:
    Lukaski
    stash searcher
    Nohillsnearby
    jesski

Post on the thread or send me a PM to add your name to the list!
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Update 1/18/2010- Only 1 month away!!!

Here is a list of those who have confirmed:
    Those who need lodging:
    Making-a-Pizza
    Punkmouse
    brosia
    bc
    baxter
    SheRa
    Ann

No lodging:
    fastfroggy
    corien

Already live in CB (no extra lodging required):
    mtnbikerskierchick
    wandering, not lost

Up for a tour one of the days:
    brosia
    Punkmouse
    SheRa
    Making a Pizza
    baxter
    corien
    Fast Froggy

Floor and cats:
    The following have said that space on the floor is okay, and are not allergic to cats: brosia, Punkmouse, SheRa, Making a Pizza, baxter

T-shirt size:
    MBSC- M
    corien- L
    Fast Froggy- L
    baxter- S
    Making A Pizza - XS pref, but small if no XS
    SheRa-M
    brosia-M
    wandering, not lost-M
    Ann - M
    Punkmouse - M

I need sizes from bc

BC and any other newcomers, please post below or send MBSC a PM answering:
    1) Up for a tour one of the days?
    2) Allergic to cats? (I have one, wandering, not lost does not)
    3) Approximate t-shirt size for the FKNA t-shirts Splat is going to send us- they will be "women's swoopneck" style, in other words, "girlie t's".

Most recent updates
    1) Wandering, not lost, has graciously volunteered to be our chef for the weekend. She will set a menu, buy everything, and then let people know how much they owe. Either way, it will surely be cheaper and better than eating out. Right now, she will be cooking dinner on Saturday, and possibly Friday. Who will make it in time for dinner (7 or 8) on Friday? Also, does anyone have any dietary specifications like allergies, vegetarian, no red meat, etc.?

2) Okay, called the Wet Grocer in Gunnison and they confirmed that they do have 2-for-1 vouchers available when you buy an 18 or 24-pack of Coors. I will hopefully make it down to Gunnison sometime in the next week or so and buy one of these 18-packs to get a voucher. Who else is willing to stop on the way to get an 18 pack and a voucher? I think we should have two people split the cost of the Coors and the lift ticket to make it fair.

The Wet Grocer is on Tomichi, which is essentially Route 50. So, from Denver, you'll come in on this road. It is located one block before the turn for Crested Butte on the right (north) side of Tomichi. You will need to ask for the voucher upon purchase of the Coors.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    Update 1/26

The goods are open on the mountain. More steeps continue to open (I heard them bombing Staircase, Pheonix, Spellbound today!). The resort will be good to go for the mini! I am so excited to have all of you here!

Tentative itinerary:
    -Friday: everyone arrives in the evening, meeting at Avalanche (details below)
    -Saturday: Ski resort
    -Saturday night: Wandering, not lost will cook us dinner, assuming all agree to pitch in a few bucks for the delicious grub
    -Sunday: Assuming conditions permit, do a backcountry tour

Wandering, not lost and I have only heard from one person regarding dietary requirements (no red meat), so unless she hears anything more, she will begin thinking about what she wants to cook for dinner on Saturday night.

We will be meeting at the Avalanche restaurant at the bottom of the ski area on Friday. Wandering, not lost and I hope to be there around 7-ish. I might be a bit late since I'll be coming from Silverton. I suspect we'll be there for a couple of hours, at least until 9. Can everyone make it to CB by 9-ish? The Avy is a nice, cheap, good restaurant to eat dinner and get drinks. If dinner is not in your plan with us on Friday, just meet us there for a drink or dessert.

Everyone staying with wondering, not lost or me is requested to please bring your own breakfast food. I have things like butter and soy milk. But bring your own things for breakfast and snacks. If you don't have time to buy food, you can get a good burrito and coffee at Camp 4 at the base of the ski area.

Not needing lodging: fastfroggy, corien (I assume the two of you will stop in Gunny to pick up your voucher from a liquor store and work it out between the two of you)

Others needing lodging are assigned to the following:
    - Staying with me: bc, Punkmouse, Making-a-Pizza, Ann
    - Staying with Wondering, not lost: SheRa, brosia, baxter

The following will pick up an 18-pack of Coors at Wet Grocer or High Mountain Liquors in Gunnison and obtain a voucher for buy-1-get-1-free tickets at the resort: brosia (to share with baxter), Making-A-Pizza (to share with Punkmouse), SheRa (to share with Ann), and I will pick up one on my way back from Silverton to be used by bc and some other random person we will find at the ticket counter.
    For clarification- partners will split cost of beer/lift tix.

- Making-A-Pizza--> Skis/skins are waiting here for you for the backcountry tour
    - Baxter--> Between Wondering, not lost and I, we have a backcountry set up for you, so don't worry
    - Anyone else need backcountry gear?

If you have any questions or concerns please shoot me a PM.

Last edited by mtnbikerskierchick; 01-27-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

I'm in for sure.

MBSC, I'm sorry if I somehow defaulted you into organizing, with the location being your hill. I was thinking it would be convenient for you not to travel. Let me know how I can help. I can surely bring gallons of homemade wine.

This will be really cool and historic I think. Ladies with SOs, please don't bring them to town with some lame-ass excuse about how they won't be on the hill. Let's keep a really great all girl energy going here without any drama. Surely you can live one weekend of your life without a man.

One other thing. How many of you like to tour? I would do that one day and ride chairs one day.

It might be fun if we could get a big house for the weekend. I did that with a bunch of maggots at the Tahoe mini and it was a riot.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for herding cats, mbsc!

Count me in on touring, lifting and the house, all are fantastic ideas.

Well at first i was thinking since all the boys are going out of town there would be lots of empty beds to commandeer on the cheap, but I think the house is a great idea. Good food, good wine, and lots of estrogen

If we tour one day and ski lifts one day we'll only have to buy one ticket (not cheap), so maybe it can still be affordable.

And I guess we need a female chef. I'll bring ingredients for my ultra-famous banana bread.

^^^ It may be possible to arrange housing w/ some of the girls in CB since the boys will likely be gone. That would be my first choice. Second choice would be to hit up a couple of people I know that own vacation rentals and rent them for cheap- one of them being right down the hall in the same building where I live.

I definitely want this thing to be affordable for folks!

I think one day at the mtn and one day on a tour would be awesome for those who would like to check out the BC that the Butte has to offer.

Oh, and SheRa- I am HAPPY to have folks come visit. Can't wait to show all these rippin' girls around my home terrain!

SheRa- Bring your wine
    Skiberly- Bring your chef's hat
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

i like how you hid this thread in summits

Well, it IS a mini summit!
    -
    14erskiers.com

true true .... I "*could* design something fun for the event ... haha the wheels are turning

^^^I was just thinking that on my bike ride this evening! It would be AWESOME! What do you want to design? Should we get stickers? Another t-shirt?

Ideas?
    -
    14erskiers.com

I'll be there!! and I'd be stoked to tour, but don't have a touring set up at this point, but i'll work on it and hopefully make it happen before feb and get shera to kick my ass into touring shape

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    ^^^ It may be possible to arrange housing w/ some of the girls in CB since the boys will likely be gone. That would be my first choice. Second choice would be to hit up a couple of people I know that own vacation rentals and rent them for cheap- one of them being right down the hall in the same building where I live.

I definitely want this thing to be affordable for folks!

I think one day at the mtn and one day on a tour would be awesome for those who would like to check out the BC that the Butte has to offer.

Oh, and SheRa- I am HAPPY to have folks come visit. Can't wait to show all these rippin' girls around my home terrain!

SheRa- Bring your wine
    Skiberly- Bring your chef's hat
    Incredibly generous spirit here - thank you.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Making a Pizza View Post
    I'll be there!! and I'd be stoked to tour, but don't have a touring set up at this point, but i'll work on it and hopefully make it happen before feb and get shera to kick my ass into touring shape
    You should be doing some cardio right now. It doesn't matter if you have rescue skills, we can take care of you. I'll take you up on Loveland Pass before long. Hehe, you're game is going to go WAY up, grasshopper.
    Henry David Thoreau

I've got extra touring gear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    You should be doing some cardio right now. It doesn't matter if you have rescue skills, we can take care of you. I'll take you up on Loveland Pass before long. Hehe, you're game is going to go WAY up, grasshopper.
    Ughhhh cardiooooooo....ok fine ok fine, i'll work on it... I have probe and beacon skills, my shovel skills are questionable probably.... (avalanche? what avalanche?)

Depending on your boot size/preferred ski gear, I can probably hook you up with something since I will most definitely not be able to tour yet at that point and I have a couple of options.

I would love to join in for sisterhood/eating/skiing lame-ass groomers since that is most definitely about the earliest I could possibly be skiing following my hip surgery.

I can also promise a couple delicious meals and if people want to do it on the cheap, Squirrelmurphy and I have a spare bed and will hopefully have a couch by that point.

I'm all for a day of skiing the lifts and a day of touring. Any kind of lodging, spare beds, and floors to sleep on would be much appreciated! Looking forward to an all girls event!

I'm in for sure. It's a decent drive from Durango so if anyone has any extra room to sleep i would really appreciate it.

baxter- Great to see you Saturday at the Luv! Been too long! Can't wait to have you and your sis here

wandering not lost- you're such a gem! Thanks for the offer of the bed and cooking These maggettes will surely have to experience your delicious cooking! We'll have to meet up with you for at least a couple of runs while you're coming out of gimp status!
    -
    14erskiers.com

These maggettes will surely have to experience your delicious cooking!
    I'm thinking carrot cake might be a necessary part of the weekend... or maybe the chocolate hazelnut cake with two different kinds of chocolate icing.

Thumbs up

baxter, you are killing it!!!! So cool to see!

MBSC, really sorry I didn't get to sit and drink. I came over to Loveland most specifically to hang out with you. I saw adam later looking for you...

All these sweets, ladies, sheesh. I love carrot cake so much.
    Henry David Thoreau

Who's Invited? Any chick that likes to rip on skis. People impersonating females and/or who have a Y-chromosome are not invited.

What about me?

^^ What part about the y-chromosome did you not understand?
    -
    14erskiers.com

If Skibrain, my sis, wasn't heading over here for the Winter Olympics, we'd be all over this. Hope that it goes well and that you plan another one in 2011.

Hey ladies! I can't commit right now as I have no idea what I'll be doing in Feb, but if I can get the time and $ in order I'm there. And if I'm there I'll definitely pitch in with cooking/making goodies. My backcountry skills are very limited, so I'd probably just stick to the resort both days if anyone else is doing that.

if i happen to be around those parts near that time, i'll try to wrangle up some extra time!
    sounds like a fun gathering!
    out of curiosity, why have a few of you mentioned that all boys will already be gone? what is happening then that takes them all away at once that is already known in the future?