Thread: FOUND

FOUND

Last year, about a week before Christmas '08 I was driving on 7th east in Sandy and found some skiis laying in the road one snowy morning. This was before I joined this forum. I looked religiously in the lost and found on both craigslist and ksl.com and also other ski forums and never found anybody looking for their lost skis. After April I forgot about them, until recently digging out gear for upcoming season. I hope to reunite these with their real owner.

So about the skis: The skis are unmounted, around 190 cm(not marked), around 100mm underfoot(again not marked) and have a shitload of camber. They are built by a boutique company. Other than slight road rash the skis are in excellent condition.

Does anybody know someone that lost skis in Sandy(again about a week before Christmas '08) and can describe them. If so, come get them, they are yours. Thanks..

Uh, yeah. I lost some skis. Between 170 and 200 cms in length (?)... Upturned tips at one or both ends (can't remember). Some sort of bindings, mostly plastic shell but maybe metal. Slide nicely on snow. They weren't K2 or Rossi or Volkl...

might be a prototype?

skibuilders forum might have some answers?

Man, you got karma coming.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    might be a prototype?

skibuilders forum might have some answers?
    Naw, they are marked who made them. Just no numbers to speak of. I came up with those specs by comparing them to my 193 Monster 103. But I imagine somebody paid some $$$ for these and wouldn't mind seeing them again. Somebody has got to know somebody...

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Uh, yeah. I lost some skis. Between 170 and 200 cms in length (?)... Upturned tips at one or both ends (can't remember). Some sort of bindings, mostly plastic shell but maybe metal. Slide nicely on snow. They weren't K2 or Rossi or Volkl...
    You're out! He said unmounted. So you did kill Mr. Green in the Parlour with the candlestick, you fucker

Good on ya.

One thought: Maybe contact the boutique? They may know who bought them, particularly if they sold direct or if (as it sounds from the description) they might be custom.
    not counting days 2016-17

It's probably that dude that manufactures skis in his trailer in a couple hours.
    Left them on top when rolling out in a blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    It's probably that dude that manufactures skis in his trailer in a couple hours.
    Left them on top when rolling out in a blizzard.
    bingo.

this is now called 'guerrila marketing'

cheaper than a Skiing Mag. "gear test"!

You better get some good lines out of this karma for the whole year. The ski gods should give you lots of fresh and I will be the one following you around

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Good on ya.

One thought: Maybe contact the boutique? They may know who bought them, particularly if they sold direct or if (as it sounds from the description) they might be custom.
    This company is out of biz. They are definetly custom, although not towards an individual, more of a limited quantity made type of thing.

Still, they'd probably know who bought their boards. Try to track down the guys who ran it.
    not counting days 2016-17

BUMP....

Post this in the Ski/Board forum...probably a lot more response.