Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

HANDMADE HATS F/S CHECK IT OUT

A few years ago, I was in a wicked car accident, luckily i knew how to crochet. I ended up getting by in life by selling hats. I couldnt walk but i could have my girlfriend fetch me yarn, and i could bang out hats left and right. This turned into me selling about 100 hats on newschoolers in 2004. I never had one person upset at the hat.

The following winter 2005 i did a batch of hats for the retail shop at a basin.

Since then (making another like 50 hats for them) i had put my hook away.

But now, in an effort to pay for my expensive winter purchases, i pulled the hook out of retirement. I wanted to make as many hats as i could to sell at the phish festival. I will give people here a chance for first pick if this is something anybody is interested in.

I now use the finest materials. So my margin is much lower. The yarn is a dope wool/acrylic and some all wool, some with roving wool (still being made) I have engineered a way to make "fitted" visors or hats. Also a new style to add is a visor headband the TOURING TUQUE. perfect for touring.

Here is what i have made so far.

where i change colors, there is no gap, colors line up in an even line. any other handmade hat i have seen nobody can have them in a line. These hats are all original, and the designs i came up with years ago while injured.

paypal would be great, and i can do customs, but custom orders would be started early november. i could do a custom for about the same price, since i have a ton of yarn. SWEET XMAS GIFTS!

Here is a photo of my factory, as you can see the working conditions are very safe. MADE IN AMERICUH. Thanks!

TGR MESSAGE THE ORDER FORM

NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    BALLIN (WOOL +$10) or PIMPIN (Acrylic Blend):
    BRIM/EARFLAP/PLAIN:
    MAIN COLOR:
    ACCENT COLOR:
    SIZE IHAVETHEBIGGESTHEADEVER/NORMAL/SMALL:
    ^95 percent of adults will take the normal size

PRICES (USA SHIPPING INCLUDED) I had to raise hat cost (minimal) because there have been alot of costs associated with this venture that all add up. paypal fees ~$1 (assholes), brims for brims, gas, shopping, shipping~$2.50 per hat, tape, manilla envelopes, fancy fine tipped pens, leather, scisors (i have gone through 3 pairs of titanium bladed scisors) plus all of the customer service which i never figured i would somedays spend an hour on a day, and to make the earflap hat the right way takes more time than a brim. prices shipped are less than pretty much any generic hat out there.

Production Level Touring Tuque

$22 for a basic hat
    $26 for earflaps or brim or (TOURING TUQUE (heady wool visor headband)
    wool +$10 <wool costs more, and takes a fortnight to build
    more than 2 colors +$2
    canadien shipping +$2 per hat
    crazy designs 36 and up (most must use wool wool for a design)

A tuque (Québécois French: tuque) is a knitted cap, originally of wool though now often of synthetic fibers, that is designed to provide warmth in winter. Most tuques are tapered, they sometimes have ear-flaps, and may be topped with a pom-pon, this style of tuque is sometimes referred to as a sherpa.[citation needed] Tuques may have a folded brim, or none, and may be worn tightly fitting the head or loose on top although the latter is considered more standard. The term originated in Canada.
    Contents

I created a new email TwoTenTuques (at) gmail (dot) com

Paypal has been changed to this, so i dont spend this money on even more ski gear. before my yarn stash has been paid for.
    Last edited by smuggs; 10-25-2012 at 02:45 PM.

If it ain't knit, it ain't shit!

J/K, good luck. My wife owned a decent sized custom knit hat business here in JH for years, if you have any Q's, hollah.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

i always lived by the fact that knitting was for old ladies, and crocheting was the newschool movement.

You drank the fixie kool-aid, hipster!

Crocheting is for the lazy....

so are reverse camber skis and dynafits

we should keep going back and fourth, then there will be more posts and more people will look because it has more posts people will think its a popular thread.

pm sents

asad213

pm responded. pechel makes a valid point i forgot to mention, most of the hats are one size fits all. the yarn will easily stretch around a teen to adult head. some are bigger for a looser fit. these hats hug your head and will not come off.

i have a buddie who has had a hat i made him for like 4 years.

SHIPPING IS INCLUDED.

You need to make them so they fit over a helmet.

the blue visor will fit over a helmet ( i tried) it costs like 3 dollars more to make it bigger, i made that with some dirty hippie in mind with big dreads.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Wool Eze Quik n Thick!
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

yea most are quik N thick 7.14 per scane after tax a scane makes about a hat, some are fishermans wool. i am working on merino wool.

The two supersized (colorful orange and blue, brown visor) ones are sold. THANKS pechel.

Cool looking hats, I had a few Kask hats when they first started selling them now they are over $40 for new ones. When will you accept custom orders? I need something hipster and neon since its all the rage these days.

really like the green and white one up top, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    Here is a photo of my factory, as you can see the working conditions are very safe.
    What about the flame next to a pile of dry yarn?

PM sent...

Pms responded to.

WILL DO CUSTOM ORDERS. SEEMS SILLY NOT TO. ILL LEAVE PRICES THE SAME IF I DONT HAVE TO GO YARN SHOPPING FOR YOUR ORDER.

thanks guys!

SOLD
    american pride
    funky blue,pink,orage
    brown with orange stripes brim

pm coming

hey smuggs,

can you make socks?
    for the longest time i have wanted to get the nerd a pair of cozy knitted socks that say "BUSINESS TIME" on them

otherwise, cool hats!

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    hey smuggs,

can you make socks?
    for the longest time i have wanted to get the nerd a pair of cozy knitted socks that say "BUSINESS TIME" on them

otherwise, cool hats!
    "conditions are perfect"

i LOL'ed.

PM incoming.

responded to all pms, if you paid TODAY, ill ship tomorrow.

thanks alot guys. looks like i ahve an action packed weekend ahead of me.

to make it easier on you and i

copy this and send it to me with your answers per hat.

NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    BALLIN(MERINO) PIMPIN (WOOLEASE):
    BRIM/EARFLAP/PLAIN:
    MAIN COLOR:
    ACCENT COLOR:
    SIZE IHAVETHEBIGGESTHEADEVER/NORMAL/SMALL:
    ^95 percent of people will take the normal size

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    cool hats and smahts for find a way to make ends meet in a pinch. What do you got for those that are allergic to wool?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Smuggs PM and PayPal sent.

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    cool hats and smahts for find a way to make ends meet in a pinch. What do you got for those that are allergic to wool?
    there are more acrylic options at the yarn store than anyone knows what to do with. so if you are interested hit me up with that form filled out, just type acryllic as yarn. any other questions let me know.

acrylic is going to cost a few bucks less too.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    yea most are quik N thick 7.14 per scane after tax a scane makes about a hat, some are fishermans wool. i am working on merino wool.

The two supersized (colorful orange and blue, brown visor) ones are sold. THANKS pechel.

Skein.

Excellent progress!