Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I NEED HELP! (NSR spammy band thing)

Hey y'all - as a few of you know here on this board, I've been out of work for a while, and the only thing that's kept me sane is my music. I'm a member of a band out of Sacramento called Stereo Earth.

We recently found out that MTV is hosting an online contest for unknown indie bands. This isn't anything too important, as they do stuff like this all the time, and the "winner" doesn't get anything from MTV. However, we found out that two local promoters and a producer are using this contest to see who's up and coming in the Sacramento area.

As such, I'm asking if you could please follow the following link, and vote for us a few times, or more if you're so inclined.

http://mtv2ontherise.com/?em=017379

It doesn't cost anything but a couple of minutes, and you can vote as many times as your sanity and/or boss allows you to do so. If we get up to 25,000 votes, we can get a sit-down with a national tour organizer. If we get to number one in our area, we can get a high end recorded album and a video.

So, please, please, please vote for us! I'll get every single one of you a backstage pass! Promise!

Thanks!

Oh yeah... if you haven't heard of us, please feel free to friend us at myspace.com/stereoearth. Many thanks to all!
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Done. Good luck!
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Since you're still "under review"; for the peeps ears.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Killer. Thanks, Pow!

My site

Here's another link to one of our home made videos:

That one's probably our strongest song...

My site

I voted! the walmart song is cool--i could boog down to that.
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

I like it. 1 vote here.

Hiya-hiya-hiya!

Voted.
    To the Thingmajigger!

Nice work. Voted.
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Vote cast.

Yo Ub: have you guys ever thought about approaching the ski resorts in Tahoe about gigs?

I know Squaw and Alpine Meadows routinely have bands performing. I think Sugarbowl, does, as well.

Prolly not a lot of $$$, but it's relatively close to you cats and the exposure couldn't hurt (I also know a lot of the clubs in Tahoe City and Reno book smaller bands as I see the flyers up all the time at New Moon health foods in Truckee). your band's sound is definitely in tune with the types of bands that usually do the ski bum circuit.

and while your sound ain't exactly what i'm into, i cast my vote in your favor.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Yo Ub: have you guys ever thought about approaching the ski resorts in Tahoe about gigs?

I know Squaw and Alpine Meadows routinely have bands performing. I think Sugarbowl, does, as well.

Prolly not a lot of $$$, but it's relatively close to you cats and the exposure couldn't hurt (I also know a lot of the clubs in Tahoe City and Reno book smaller bands as I see the flyers up all the time at New Moon health foods in Truckee). your band's sound is definitely in tune with the types of bands that usually do the ski bum circuit.

and while your sound ain't exactly what i'm into, i cast my vote in your favor.

Yeah.. we've been tryin'. We'll have a Truckee gig this January or February, and probably a few more sprinkled in. I've been talking to a few other resorts, too.

I'll be sure to let everyone here know...

My site

Quote Originally Posted by Ubersheist View Post
    Yeah.. we've been tryin'. We'll have a Truckee gig this January or February, and probably a few more sprinkled in. I've been talking to a few other resorts, too.

I'll be sure to let everyone here know...
    ^^^ sounds fun, be sure to let us know so we can come support!

voted. HI YA!

doughboyshredder Guest
    I like your sound. I'll throw you a few votes.

I voted like 10x.

Good luck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Me gusta. I'm good for a few votes.

Which one are you? None of the band members appear to be named Uber.

Hey Josh, how YOU doin!?!?

Looking pretty cute with the beard I must say. Awesome music.

I will very likely be around Tahoe in December. We've got to get together and reminisce on cornice hucks to tomahawk. Been too long...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I checked with my nephew and it is confirmed that you guys don't suck.

So I voted for you again.

10 votes cast...
    Good luck!

Just gave you guys a few. Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Neat tunes and vote cast.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Me gusta. I'm good for a few votes.

Which one are you? None of the band members appear to be named Uber.
    I think SheRa just outed me below. (I'm the bass player, btw.)

Also, if TGR needs some music for an upcoming movie of any sort, please let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Hey Josh, how YOU doin!?!?

Looking pretty cute with the beard I must say. Awesome music.

I will very likely be around Tahoe in December. We've got to get together and reminisce on cornice hucks to tomahawk. Been too long...
    AWESOME! It's on! If you guys have nowhere to crash, and don't mind bein' down in Sacto, we have a spare bed.

My site

Quote Originally Posted by Ubersheist View Post
    AWESOME! It's on! If you guys have nowhere to crash, and don't mind bein' down in Sacto, we have a spare bed.
    I'll get in touch when things firm up.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    I'll get in touch when things firm up.
    awesome - so long as you're not talking about the snow...

My site

Where do you have a pass, Josh?

I'll have one for heavenly and will probably teach some kids to ski there. Maybe could come to kirkwood or squaw for a day though.
    Henry David Thoreau