What binding and why?

Okay, I've searched and didn't find what I needed... In the past I've skied salomon bindings w/ the spherical toe piece and currently I ski the last gen look/rosi axials. My question is this, the spherical toe is gone and the heel piece from the rossi's is no longer made. What to ski now??? Is the new toe piece on the sali's as good as the spherical? Is the current rossi heel piece good enough to ski? Or is it time to ski something else???

Discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

The new Rossi Axial2 150 and 200 are great bindings, albeit a bit heavy. Nobody has seemed to have any durability issues with them.

For the new Salomons, the STH 16 toe is plastic plastic (vs. metal on the 916 LABs). I've had a par of 912s and a pair of 914s and on both the toe wings have stripped. I'm wondering if the STH toe is equally prone to such an occurrance.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Okay, I can prolly rock an 18 din but what about a lady friend? Sounds like maybe stick w/ rossi? I don't like the sounds of all plastic toe pieces

any rossi binding has a plastic toe unless its at least 15 din. and only the older 16din and up sollys have the metal toe. none of the new sth models have it.

as for your lady friend. unless she is an amazon or hucking huge cliffs i wouldnt worry about the plastic toes pieces.

btw, it took me 2 seconds to find this info on rossis website. it would be nice if people would SEARCH for themselves sometimes....
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    any rossi binding has a plastic toe unless its at least 15 din. and only the older 16din and up sollys have the metal toe. none of the new sth models have it.

as for your lady friend. unless she is an amazon or hucking huge cliffs i wouldnt worry about the plastic toes pieces.

btw, it took me 2 seconds to find this info on rossis website. it would be nice if people would SEARCH for themselves sometimes....
    Well, there are some guys around here, Xover, Trackhead, Brett, to name a few. I'm pretty confident they're skiing ability is somewhere between "wicked sick" and full-on "extremo mountain dudes," if they weighed in on a binder I'd ski it even if it was made of cheese. So, I guess I was looking more for info on what people trust rather than what every binder was made of. Yes, I could look for that info but that doesn't mean that the binder is worth a shit (see "marker" in the dictionary).

Ive had good luck with the new mojo 15 bindings with the newer heel and the new afd on the toe they are light and hold me in. That said if I can get a new pair of Rossi or Look pivots I will take those. I have had a friend ski on 916 sth with now problems so far as well.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

the tgr folks generally "trust" solly 916s(900s, 916s) w/metal toes and turntables with metal toes. and dukes. and dynafits. that seems to be the consensus.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

I really like the mojo 15s too. Had them on my Moment Comis, now my Praxis. Plan to get a more for future skis.

You can get them for about $150 - not bad for a metal 5-15 din binding.

The Mojo 15s are unchanged for '10 so you can feel good about picking up a pair of 09s on the cheap (as alluded to above). Next choice would be Look/Dynastar PX-15 for about $200
    Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.

Okay, what are the differences between the peak and the mojo binders???

PX15/18 are good binders, no pivot heel but have the full metal toe which I like a lot. Real good deals on them around the web and in Gear Swap ~ $200. I bought a pair of PX18s from BC.com a few months ago with 115mm brakes for like $150. Since I'm mechanically challanged I really like how you can swap the brakes and not have to deal with bending.

the jesters are super light for 16din binding and have a wide footprint and a low swing weight. pretty great for fat skis in my opinion.

i know marker has had issues in the past but these binders have passed every test so far (except for last years toe height issues)