Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    My current top trails are based on what trails have put the biggest smile on my face. Some are pedal trails, some are not.

Windy Pass to Lick Creek (The chilcotins in General)

Gornergrat - Zermatt (already mentioned by a few, 14km of flowy downhill)

A line - I like speed and flying, and this is probably one of the most famous trails in the world

Jumpingpound Ridge to Cox Hill, just west of Calgary, ab. I ride this trail many times every year, not overly long or challenging, just fun. We had a night ride on this trail last fall with about an inch of snow on top of frozen ground, every corner was high speed drifting with enough traction to hold your line. It was called run of the year by many in the group...
    Check out my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dinlaroche007

Pinnacle Buttes - Togwotee Pass
    And another for Monarch Pass

I would add Palisades off of highway 410 in WA. A big climb with incredible cliftop views, flowing singletrack and a touch of gnar.

Someone already mentioned Alpine Trail in Oakridge but I will repeat it. That might be the most fun trail I have ever ridden, especially the Jedi trees. I <3 dirt.

Resurrection Creek Trail, AK

thats all

Fromme.

Munds Wagon Trail from the top of the Rim to Hangover, Sedona Arizona.

Lots of trails in the Sun Valley area.

Trails in the Kenai Peninsula, AK. Endless flowy, loamy singletrack with killer views.

Mountain bike safari - Mashatu Lodge, Botswana. Pretty cool ripping singletrack with a Zebra ripping right beside you.

Lost Lake trail Seward Alaska
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

+1 To Tahoe Rim Trail. Specifically kingburry area was my fav. I enjoyed the flume because of beautiful views as well.
    +1 To Mckenzie River Trail. Not a ton of climbing but great terrain and the blue pool is neat.
    +1 To Enchilada (only got to ride UPS/LPS and Porcupine but it was dynamite. Can't imagine what the top was like...damn snow...

Some more WA love to be mentioned:
    -Sun Top/Ranger Creek combo near greenwater off of 410 certainly a lot of climbing if you choose to climb it but works great with a few pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Zermatt, Gornergrat - Riffellake
    & many others have mentioned the same.

Of the trails I rode in Europe I'd have to put in that trail in Zermatt

and Suvretta Pass in Engadin

and would add Frisby Ridge in Revelstoke

always changing but 5 that are consistently up there are;
    #1) 7 summits- rossland bc
    #2) jumpingpound-cox hill - k country alberta
    #3) keystone standard basin- revelstoke bc
    #4)jewel pass-prairie view-razors edge? - lac des arc alberta
    #5) smith creek - kelowna bc

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Lost Lake trail Seward Alaska
    I think I missed that one. Is it close to the Resurrection trail?

My mountainn biking experience is only in CA. This thread reminds me to get out of state this summer!

Obviously a +1 to the trt flume loop and downier. Both favorite rides of mine.

Soquel demo forest in Santa cruz has the most flowy loamy singletrack I have been on. No views though...

I am also a huge fan of bidwell in chico

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

If you ever find yourself in my little corner of the world, The Catskills in the fall can be fantastic ...
    http://flickeflu.com/set/72157617509308455

New Paltz Area

If you are looking for one of the toughest climbs in the North East, Platt Cove Rd.,aka Devils Kitchen is where its at.

I used to do the May TT when I lived in NY. That climb is a bear.
    Parts of the CDT near Wolf Creek pass are pretty special.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    If you ever find yourself in my little corner of the world, The Catskills in the fall can be fantastic ...
    http://flickeflu.com/set/72157617509308455

New Paltz Area

If you are looking for one of the toughest climbs in the North East, Platt Cove Rd.,aka Devils Kitchen is where its at.
    New Paltz is in the gunks just sayin'

I've debated bringing my bike back to NY when I head back, but haven't seen much evidence of great riding, can you PM me some info?

I need to throw in the epic mtn biking in Sorata, Bolivia. Went with a guy from durango who worked with the "most dangerous road" folks before designing his own trail in the Cordillera Real.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	541927425_hJP4W-M.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	114509

Name:  shim.gif
Views: 670
Size:  43 Bytes
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

this thread needs a bump.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Trails around Carcross, Yukon are worthy. Fantastic alpine scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Trails around Carcross, Yukon are worthy. Fantastic alpine scenery.
    I think Lee Lau is headed up that way now... he somehow conned Toyota into paying for his gas! Here is a link to my Chilcotin trip which is similar to the one Lee posted in this thread a few years ago. Terrain like that deserves a bump too just because it's so awesome. Anyone interested in planning a trip of their own should check out www.tyaxadventures.com

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...k-off-my-shirt
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Line Creek Plateau to Corral Creek off the Beartooth Highway. Views, tundra freeriding, fun, fast, long downhill and Sam's Tap Room in Red Lodge when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    he somehow conned Toyota into paying for his gas!
    He'd be better off working as a lawyer than blogging for 100 hours for a couple tanks of gas!

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    He'd be better off working as a lawyer than blogging for 100 hours for a couple tanks of gas!
    He bills clients while blogging. Double, sometimes triple billing.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Rose Meadows on Tahoe Rim Trail to flume to chimney beach to swim in lake tahoe with a beer.

Would NOT put downieville on the list. not sure why so much love for downieville.

Toad's should be on list, but 'Rose to toad's'??? Really? 50+ miles, 8K of climbing? not sure how much you could really enjoy the DH after that day.

Olleros descent in peru. from top of mountains to pacific. 10K descent. incredible.

I need to take notes as well. getting to the point where I need to check some of these off the list before I get too old to do them!
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by stupendous man View Post
    I need to throw in the epic mtn biking in Sorata, Bolivia. Went with a guy from durango who worked with the "most dangerous road" folks before designing his own trail in the Cordillera Real.
    Nice! I also nominate Sorata, it's more fun than Takesi (which everyone should also do) and certainly goes down in the must do books. You know Travis? He was out of town when I was there but that didn't prevent us from having a blast.

Rene Wildhaber

Rob J

Joe Schwartz

Rene, Rob, & Joe

It's seriously epic. I was tagging along with those guys and Marco Toniolo, he let me photograph next to him so some of my shots look similar to his, no copyright infringement!! He has been back multiple times to shoot with Rene.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky