Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    dft- can't you take the tram to the top?
    they won't let you take bikes on the tram. the very top of the trail is in wilderness area, but 90% of the trail is actually legal (shocker!).

I'll second LeeLau's number 9 (unnamed trail) in MT. It's at the very top of my "to do" list. There's a lot of stuff that makes it an epic undertaking: hard to get to, huge climb that tops out above 10k, epic descent and you probably won't see anyone else out there.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    ...and you probably won't see anyone else out there.
    true 3 years ago, not so true now. especially on weekends. I never ride it on weekends any more, it's literally crowded there on weekends. having it listed with great directions in the trails guide is responsible for this problem.

Umpqua & Tire Mt to Alpine trail (Oakridge OR). Umpqua needs no explanation. Tire MT/Apline - long but realtively easy climbs, very smooth, faaast single track downhills that keep going, tire mt gives the feeling that you are pretty far out there.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

This thread is a year old and needs a bump.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

30 posts and no "your mom" reference?

TGR just isn't the same anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    monarch crest. you must have ridden a shitty trail after the crest/co trail section if you don't think it qualifies. starvation.
    Rereading this thread, came across this post. Did starvation this year, was pretty damn sweet.

Last edited by Danno; 10-19-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

moar picturez
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    403-401-snodgrass (CB)
    IMO 403 can suck a dick.

McKenzie River Trail

I don't think McKenzie River had the views. It had the variety for sure. Haven't ridden anything this year to add to this list. Ridden some spectacular stuff but imo this should be a very very exclusive list

what, no shulaps love, lee? great list, hard to argue with!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Umpqua & Tire Mt to Alpine trail (Oakridge OR). Umpqua needs no explanation. Tire MT/Apline - long but realtively easy climbs, very smooth, faaast single track downhills that keep going, tire mt gives the feeling that you are pretty far out there.
    I'll second these and add Black Rock - because there aren't many trails as beautifully constructed as those!

In ID:

YES on pioneer/johnstone--->"pioneer pass" rad views, radder DH.

no on fisher creek TOTALLUY overrated, sorry gnarwhale

double yes on whole enchilada.

I know its socal but palm canyon epic is pretty stout and has some great views...for a freakin desert!....Noble maybe???

Plains of Abe, ape canyon in WA is tits.

horsetheif...something...zippydeedooddoodahdah is pretty aiiiright!
    one step forward, no step backward

Quote Originally Posted by allTandA View Post
    horsetheif...something...zippydeedooddoodahdah is pretty aiiiright!
    I love these two trails, but I personally wouldn't put them in the "must do before you die category".

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I'll second these and add Black Rock - because there aren't many trails as beautifully constructed as those!
    wholeheartedly agree. BR kicks serious ass.

Some of the Fruita trails need to be in here somewhere. Not necessarily epic, but they're stupid fun. I like zip personally, although its gone downhill in the past few years as they sanitize it.

Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    I love these two trails, but I personally wouldn't put them in the "must do before you die category".
    ok ok....maybe I was just throwin cooolirado a bone so they don't get all bent, its only tuesday and the week is long!
    one step forward, no step backward

I am with Telebobski. MRT is one of my favorite day rides ever. While lacking vistas it is certainly not lacking in any type of scenery(especially when riding behind my girlfriend). It encompasses nearly every facet of riding from technical rock gardens to steep techy descents to fast flowing singletrack to rooty tech loam. It has amazing trail side views/stops and is in an amazing part of Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Ridden some spectacular stuff but imo this should be a very very exclusive list
    I agree, this isn't the "sweet rides" thread, this is the "rides to do before you die" thread.

I think the Fruita trails as an entire network would be in the class of trail SYSTEMS you must do before you die. But no one single trail stands out with the combination of views and singletrack.

t.odd - the standard Shulaps Traverse is breathtaking but, the singletrack isn't quite there on par with those other Chilcotin rides. Although now with the wear on Lick I almost want to put B&F above Lick. Next year I have some Shulaps variations planned and was going to see if you were interested. This list is so exclusive I wouldn't even put stuff like the Barbour drop or Khyber to Babylon in that category.

and yeah - I really do have to ride in the Alps

Great thread. I'm taking notes.

For my contributions, do they have to be legal?

Riding in Zermatt...

Enough said, IMO.

t.odd - the standard Shulaps Traverse is breathtaking but, the singletrack isn't quite there on par with those other Chilcotin rides. Although now with the wear on Lick I almost want to put B&F above Lick. Next year I have some Shulaps variations planned and was going to see if you were interested. This list is so exclusive I wouldn't even put stuff like the Barbour drop or Khyber to Babylon in that category.

and yeah - I really do have to ride in the Alps
    definitely agree on the b&f....we did it end of sept, via non-camel route, towards windy, but then left up eldorado......way longer than lick, just as flowy, and a couple of steep surfy chutes to keep you honest.....the tough hike a bike definitely keeps people on lick I think....shulaps definitely has the epic views, and you really feel like you are way the fuck out there, well, I guess you really are!

too many to list in the alps but here is one:

http://www.tetongravity.com/FORUMS/s...d.php?t=199047

Last edited by Ripzalot; 09-05-2011 at 01:14 AM.

I think the Fruita trails as an entire network would be in the class of trail SYSTEMS you must do before you die. But no one single trail stands out with the combination of views and singletrack.
    I'd agree, and also add that the GJ trails are just as good if not better than Fruita. I'd also put Crested Butte in the same category- there are so many trails, and they're all good/great, but not a single one stands out so much to "do before you die". Actually I'd put Eccher on the list, but many wouldn't.

My nomination: Cataract ridge.