Jong question: Juicy 5 rear brake

Have not been on the bike for a bit. Back brake is gone. Just been sitting on its wheels, not upside down. Any quick fix for enough brake to do some midnight road riding on Antelope Island?

I assume the full fix is to bride Mr. AG with PBR to bleed it?

pump that shit. just squeeze the lever and release a zillion times. it'll be fine.

^^ thats what i wouldve said... just pump the crap out of it should regain some pressure if not u need em bled...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    pump that shit. just squeeze the lever and release a zillion times. it'll be fine.
    did like a 14 year old with a new Hustler. Got a tiny bit of grab and that is it. Looks like I gotta bleed it.

Here is a vid to get you back to stopping power in the rear brake.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mg6NbIjmOM"]YouTube - Avid_Juicy7_Bleed[/ame]
    Last edited by jester; 10-10-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: vid no worky

before jumping into a bleed, make sure the pistons aren't seized up, had this issue w/ a J7.

If it's been sitting for awhile, pull the wheel and see if you're getting motion when you pump it up. If the pistons aren't moving, pull the pads and hit the pistons w/ a bit of silicone spray, then try to work them loose. Might need to pop 'em loose w/ a 10mm box wrench or wedge a scrwewdriver between the pads, which might trash the pads, then cycle it a few times. Clean 'em w/ alcohol Qtip once they're free, or not...