Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    Everyone I know waits until at least mid-December. Otherwise, you are not taking very good care of your edges and bases.
    everyone I know thinks you are a tool.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

hahah fuck hurting the skis, everyones got rock skis that they dont give a shit about

all of your super awesome "TR's" make u look like a bunch of pansies making jump turns on a flat meadow

premature ejaculators

Seriously, if you are going to ski thin cover I'd recommend padding or protection in case of a fall. Hockey gear, lacrosse protection - heck even a pillow stuffed behind your bum could save you from some nasty contusions.
    I would just hate to fall and land on a minefield of scree! Be safe

btw, i crapped in your meat spicy, order a veggie mild next time douchebag

this guy obviously went to the whole grocer yesterday and was jealous he didnt ski the pass

douche
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

dont forget to bring a towel!

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    Seriously, if you are going to ski thin cover I'd recommend padding or protection in case of a fall. Hockey gear, lacrosse protection - heck even a pillow stuffed behind your bum could save you from some nasty contusions.
    I would just hate to fall and land on a minefield of scree! Be safe
    Solid recommendation

oh yeah - looks terrible!! go take another bong rip and try to forget all the stupid things you've said.

10/4: Montezuma Basin...
    jon turner
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

Generally I have to agree with the OP.

Unless it's a TR from Benny or Shitshow. Then I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatski View Post
    oh yeah - looks terrible!! go take another bong rip and try to forget all the stupid things you've said.

Yeah, early season sucks, stay in bed and leave the goodness for people who are skiers not whiners.

Sweet pic, it just isn't happening yet in California. Hell, we are still burning.

Does anybody know if Baldy survived the fires?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Goatski View Post

im pretty sure that guy was on his rock RAXs

thats the only way he could shred so hard

I realize this is a Troll but I agree with the sentiment. All the early season dirt & 1" of snow cover skiing I just don't get. I love to ski, but I also love and live to do a lot of other shit. Skiing in October on a couple of inches of snow atop rocks, dirt, stumps and grass just isn't my thing. Early season snow is good for one thing...buffing out the single track.
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by meatspicy View Post
    im pretty sure that guy was on his rock RAXs

thats the only way he could shred so hard
    weren't you complaining about unworthy ski conditions?

the snow is there - ski it yourself and prove to us your radness. otherwise, lay off the criticisms of someone making their first turns of the year on a 40 deg. slope - in Dynafits no less...

which reminds me - I should go get me some turns!
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

just for you meatspicy

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170407"]Teton Pass 10/6/09 - A Rocks and Grass TR - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    I realize this is a Troll but I agree with the sentiment. All the early season dirt & 1" of snow cover skiing I just don't get. I love to ski, but I also love and live to do a lot of other shit. Skiing in October on a couple of inches of snow atop rocks, dirt, stumps and grass just isn't my thing. Early season snow is good for one thing...buffing out the single track.

Best thing I have read in this entire thread.

I still have another 100 miles of biking planned.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Don't like rocks and grass? How's about the Coleman?

I agree with the OP. Skiing and ski discussion are very serious topics. No matter how much enthusiasm, excitement, and fun people display with their early season TRs, the truth is that these reports are taking away from the serious business that is skiing. Stop having fun and stop trying to share that with other people! Losers.

I am going to stop my almost daily consumption of spicy meats, assuming MS works there.

I give a fuck....you fuck!
    surviving in the city, powered by wellbutrin

This is some funny shit here...

hahah, this thred RAWKS

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    this is a great 4th post, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moship192 View Post
    Perhaps the best way to bring humor to a worthless thread - Movie Quotes! Now I want to go watch Happy Gilmore, and ski down snow covered grass adn mud.
    Hate to nick-pick here, but the quote is actually from Billy Madison. Sorry, there is no snow here, otherwise I would be out riding grass and rocks and wouldn't give a shit about such minutia.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

should i post my own grass and rocks TR now?

Quote Originally Posted by meatspicy View Post
    should i eat my own ass and cock now?
    Yes, yes you should.

gunit130 Guest
    All hype in this thread.

Grab a bottle of Haterade before you go ski over some rocks. Also, bring a pair of tweezers so you can pick out all of the pebbles from your bases!!

I still don't get why you would want to go out there and destroy a perfectly good pair of rock skis.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyQuinn View Post
    Yes, yes you should.
    OMFG