Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    We had a Bosch that cost about $500-$600 from HD. It did not clean real well in the shortest time clean cycle and I pre rinse all the dishes. We ended up replacing it after 5 years. The new $700 Maytag does an amazing job of cleaning and is damn quiet. Hopefully it lasts awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Does anybody have two dishwashers? If you were planning a full-scale kitchen remodel and you have kids who go through dishes like fucking mad, doesn't this seem like a DAMN good idea?
    It does, and the only reason we don't have 2 is the wife thought it seemed excessive but in a new construction/remodel sccenario a dishwasher is generally quite a bit cheaper than the cabinet it would replace, so I don't get the excessiveness. Plus you can pretty much do away with stacking the shit in cabinets, just use it out of the clean one and when it's dirty put it in the other.

You gotta come up with a decent system for letting everyone know which one is clean and which is dirty so dirty dishes don't get put in with clean ones is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Does anybody have two dishwashers? If you were planning a full-scale kitchen remodel and you have kids who go through dishes like fucking mad, doesn't this seem like a DAMN good idea? We run ours every single day. Hell, I bet we do 9 loads a week.
    If you have the money and the space why not? Save 5-10 minutes a day unloading the dishwasher and no dirty dishes in the sink waiting for someone to unload. My rich dentist cousin has one and loves it. Personally, I'd spend the money on a commercial pot sink with high volume high pressure not to california code sprayer. Great for cleaning up after parties when the kitchen sink is overwhelmed, great for washing a small dog, great for cleaning paint brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If you have the money and the space why not? Save 5-10 minutes a day unloading the dishwasher and no dirty dishes in the sink waiting for someone to unload. My rich dentist cousin has one and loves it. Personally, I'd spend the money on a commercial pot sink with high volume high pressure not to california code sprayer. Great for cleaning up after parties when the kitchen sink is overwhelmed, great for washing a small dog, great for cleaning paint brushes.
    Yeah, and then you wouldn't even need cabinets for clean dishes. Just use one dishwasher full of dishes till it's dirty, then switch to the other. It's brilliant.

For a bachelor.

Thread drift - Anyone ever added sound insulation to a noisy dishwasher.

We have a shyte Frigidaire that's annyoningly loud during the whole cycle and doesn't seem to have any sound insulation whatsoever. We're not really able to replace it, so looking at an interim solution. Curious if anyone has had success?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Our (now 11 year old) LG is holding up fine. I had to redo the wiring where it was installed, but I think that was an installation error. Replaced the utensil plastic holder because of some holes in the bottom. Also had to clean out the drain once. That's it, no other issues.

Someone mentioned the soap door not opening properly : if you put tall item next to the soap door it blocks it, so watch how you load.
    Yup my Kitchenaid does this ^^ I supose any DW witth a soap door you put a tall item (baking pan) infront of will not open

as for kitchenaids not cleaning well there were 2 issues to check IME :

take the lower spray wand off and underneath the screen check for broken glass/coffee beans/ food/ smoo or anything that is clogging up the action, also check for a leaking or worn wand that might be split/leaking but only under water pressure

while you are down there check the plastic plenum which runs up from the lower sprayer/pump to the feed the wand under the top baskette, mine was not cleaning dishes in that top baskette well because of a big hole in the plenum so I taped it up until I could buy the new part, also make sure the plastic plenums for the middle spray wand all mate properly when the top basskette is pushed in mine wasnt lined up so i was losing water pressure for washing all the glasses in the top tray

split spray wands/ leaking pipes/ these idea could pertain to any dishwasher cuz this is not the space shuttle and BTW there are all kinds of appliance fixing blogs out there

To save money I never use the drying option, 2 DW's seems like a good diea to me especialy in a big kitchen with lots of people, a little harder to justify with 1 person

I have lived with vegan enviro nerds that got pissy if you cut meat on the vegy cutting board & refuse to use the DW , ok I get the cutting board thing but I'm using the DW so if you don't use it we are just gona be using twice as much water and soap which is a net loss to the environment
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    also check for a leaking or worn wand
    Anyone heard from Delco?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I have lived with vegan enviro nerds that got pissy if you cut meat on the vegy cutting board & refuse to use the DW , ok I get the cutting board thing but I'm using the DW so if you don't use it we are just gona be using twice as much water and soap which is a net loss to the environment
    Dishwashers have gotten extremely efficient - hand washing uses more water than the dishwasher unless they're saving the rinse water to flush toilets or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Dishwashers have gotten extremely efficient - hand washing uses more water than the dishwasher unless they're saving the rinse water to flush toilets or something.
    In addition: Fuck those hippies.

which I pointed out ^^ of course but it falls on deaf ears becuz its some kind of philisophical thing, same kind of luddite won't use a snow blower

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    My newer kitchen aid died after 4 years. I’m in the business so I have a guy I trust. I went to this appliance guy and asked what he recommended based on what was good vs the price he could give me etc. Without any hesitation he said I had to get a Bosch. Pricing didn’t matter, availability, features whatever. Get the Bosch. So I did. All good so far.
    we got all new kitchenaid appliances when we remodeled 3+ years ago. Have had some issues with all of them except the microwave (though the dishwasher has worked fairly well). Also have issues with the LG washer and dryer. I hate sounding like an old man yelling at clouds, but they sure don't make them like they used to.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The fucking electronics on washers and dryers piss me off. When we sold our last house we left behind our "old" front load washer and dryer to get new ones. Huge mistake. The old ones had NO electronic displays of any kind and just worked. The new washer needs to be unplugged so it can reset itself every couple months. Fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It does, and the only reason we don't have 2 is the wife thought it seemed excessive but in a new construction/remodel sccenario a dishwasher is generally quite a bit cheaper than the cabinet it would replace, so I don't get the excessiveness. Plus you can pretty much do away with stacking the shit in cabinets, just use it out of the clean one and when it's dirty put it in the other.
    Plus when one breaks you still have the other.

Kids add to the dirty dishes, but they have to load/unload the DW, so it evens out.

We have a top model Kitchen Aid that we got for dirt cheap cause it was a scratch and dent. It looks good, it's dead quiet, and it cleans really well. However, I've replaced a handful of top rack brackets cause the mounting tabs get brittle and break, and I've already had to replace the pump motor, which is apparently a known problem. If I hadn't gotten it for so cheap, I'd be much more annoyed by it's mediocre reliability.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Why won’t my wife sort the utensils when placing them in the upper tray?

It makes unloading so much easier
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Thread drift - Anyone ever added sound insulation to a noisy dishwasher.

We have a shyte Frigidaire that's annyoningly loud during the whole cycle and doesn't seem to have any sound insulation whatsoever. We're not really able to replace it, so looking at an interim solution. Curious if anyone has had success?
    Ours is loud, but it cleans well and is still kicking ass after 12 years of use so no way I'm replacing it while it still works. We just use the time delay and run it at night.

Wow! Thanks for all the quick replies!!! Lots of votes of confidence in favor of Bosche with just a couple outliers. That's kind of what I'm seeing reflected in online reviews too. Complete opposite for my Samsung, which by and large has negative reviews and only like 1 person who likes it. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Can we all agree that all appliances just suck today?
    Pretty much! And so many now are app connected too, because... reasons? My guess is that the entire dishwasher will go tits up when the wifi adapter goes bad or something. "I'm sorry, Hal. I can't let you wash these dishes."

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Hmmmmm... buying from the local mom-and-pop does feel good though.
    True. Especially after I've been shopping around at all the big box stores where it's tough to find an employee to help, and even harder to then find an employee who actually knows what they heck they're talking about. At my local store I like, the guy in charge was the one who helped me and he gave me a great tour of the product. He's also one of the guys who wrenches on the things himself in the repair shop at the back of the store, so that's also cool. I'm almost willing to wait a bit longer without a dishwasher just to be able to support them, and get a great product to boot. I wish he carried Bosch for a proper side by side comparison, but they've really gone all in on big box stores it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Can we all agree that all appliances just suck today?

Just replaced my 5yr old KitchenAid with a Bosch 3 weeks ago. Sales guy says you're lucky to get 5-7 out any of them today.

Throw away society ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Yeah, and then you wouldn't even need cabinets for clean dishes. Just use one dishwasher full of dishes till it's dirty, then switch to the other. It's brilliant.

For a bachelor.
    GENIUS!!! If I were a single man, I'd totally go for that sort of operation. Hmmm. Maybe even get a 3rd unit just for pots, pans, or other stuff you don't use all the time.

True. Especially after I've been shopping around at all the big box stores
    I had some windows replaced by the local outfit, and was like going back in time.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Why won’t my wife sort the utensils when placing them in the upper tray?

It makes unloading so much easier
    I think you should just be happy she puts the dishes in the dish washer

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    My new one has a "pre-wash rinse" or some shit like that. So you throw 'em in all dirty, hit the button and it rinses as if you were rinsing in the sink and then throwing them in the dishwasher. It's supposed to be more efficient, but IDK, I haven't used it. I can see maybe if you're half-filling or filling the whole thing at once with dirty dishes, but that doesnt' happen at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    We have a top model Kitchen Aid that we got for dirt cheap cause it was a scratch and dent. It looks good, it's dead quiet, and it cleans really well. However, I've replaced a handful of top rack brackets cause the mounting tabs get brittle and break, and I've already had to replace the pump motor, which is apparently a known problem. If I hadn't gotten it for so cheap, I'd be much more annoyed by it's mediocre reliability.
    This mirrors my experience. Got a $1500 Kitchen Aid dishwasher for $800 buy using HD's price match policy. Had a pump repaired under warranty and again on my own dime. It's been fine since but....

By the way, totally take advantage of Home Depot's price match policy. A local retailer, with a horrible reputation, advertised a ridiculously low price. HD beat it by 10%.

Consumer Reports Mags - Dishwashers?

My 25 y/o KA works perfectly. So solid. Probably dead tomorrow.. I don’t rinse much. Just knock the solids off.

This stuff really works for smell and clean the element

Name:  IMG_0222.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  58.7 KB

Are you sure you aren't mixing them up with Orthodox Jews?

No way, buddy was a ginger

do orthodox Jews not use dishwashers ?

There are like 15 jewish people in town, to celebrate jewish holidays they can all fit in someone's dining room, so when the great jewish hoax happened in this town it was amusing cuz for kicks somebody had systematicly written in Wiki that Smithers is a center of the religion in the north with temples, holy men, kosher restaurants, everything jewish so altho the 15 jewish people thot it was funny it had to be written by a jew so they all suspected one another, in any case don't believe everything you read in Wiki