Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Just here to say fuck Samsung appliances.

Troof!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

We have a high end KitchenAid that works great and is dead quiet. But, in 5 years of ownership, I’ve replaced two pumps, the heating element, something else I can’t remember, and recently the water valve which sprung a pinhole leak, ruining part of my kitchen floor. My main takeaway has been that the major brands all use the same or very similar parts, so among those, it doesn’t matter, they’re all going to be a crapshoot and any reliability ratings are dubious.

My experience with a Samsung washer and dryer has been similar as far as parts shitting the bed, and given their and LG’s track record vs Bosch and Miele, it makes my next DW purchase a no-brainer (aka, I’m getting a fucking Bosch).
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

sometimes the door on my kitchen aid pops open in mid cycle I discovered that wedging a bar stool under the handle keeps the door latched and the unit works perfectly,

I could easily afford another DW/ clothes washer/ dryer but with all the problems you dentists have on the new tech of appliances I would rather just use google search and fix the old stuff so for >12 yrs i havent bought any new appliances in 2 units
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

There was a Golden Age of household appliances. Now we're in the Dark Ages. Maybe time for the economists to stop referring to them as "durable goods".

yup 20-30 yr old appliances are pretty easy to fix and keep running forever

easier than cash register or an ATM

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There was a Golden Age of household appliances. Now we're in the Dark Ages. Maybe time for the economists to stop referring to them as "durable goods".
    Cars were once planned obsolescence, seems like now appliances are using that market tactic. We still have a 1980 era dishwasher that is noisy but still cleans plates like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've got a Westinghouse fridge in my shop. It was here when I bought the place. Thing has an ice cap on the inside below the freezer compartment that is 6inches thick in the center (less towards the sides). The ice has totally engulfed the lightblub but it still works. I have to use tarp straps to keep the door shut but it's still run and man does it keep things cold. I'm willing to bet it's 40yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yup 20-30 yr old appliances are pretty easy to fix and keep running forever

easier than cash register or an ATM
    It's like VW bugs. You could fix them with anything. My GF was driving home from WSU and her fuel filter started to fail. She fixed it with a tampon and made it back to Seattle.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Our first KitchenAid lasted 18/19 years. This bad boy has 3 racks and is so quiet, 44bda, that I have to get right next to it to hear it. we paid $1,100

https://www.kitchenaid.com/major-app...dfm404kps.html

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I've got a Westinghouse fridge in my shop. It was here when I bought the place. Thing has an ice cap on the inside below the freezer compartment that is 6inches thick in the center (less towards the sides). The ice has totally engulfed the lightblub but it still works. I have to use tarp straps to keep the door shut but it's still run and man does it keep things cold. I'm willing to bet it's 40yrs old.

It's like VW bugs. You could fix them with anything. My GF was driving home from WSU and her fuel filter started to fail. She fixed it with a tampon and made it back to Seattle.
    Light days or heavy flow?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

My brother has an appliance repair company. He recommends LG and Bosch stuff for the high end of the mid/low end stuff. Probably getting a Bosch dw soon. The one that came with our house that we've been limping along for 10 years is junk. It is a GE. It just keeps working, but it has never worked well. Dishes are rarely clean on first shot.

I picked up an expensive Bosch from a canceled special order that took too long at Lowes. We have only had it a year but I would pay full price for how quite and how well it works. That being said I am pretty stoked I haggled $600 off the price tag. The washer it replaced was less than $600 new and went to shit in 2 years but we used it for 3.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Just here to say fuck Samsung appliances.

Yup, absolute shit. Tossed a dishwasher from them which was garbage and their range is pretty poor.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    My brother has an appliance repair company. He recommends LG and Bosch stuff for the high end of the mid/low end stuff. Probably getting a Bosch dw soon. The one that came with our house that we've been limping along for 10 years is junk. It is a GE. It just keeps working, but it has never worked well. Dishes are rarely clean on first shot.
    2 things are very important hot water & good soap, IME those Finish pods work great, check that the wands are not split & the plenums to the wand have no holes

buying a new DW does not mean you will get to clean ddish heaven

but the bigger question is what kind of a brother were you if you can't get free service on an appliance ?

I also have a KitchenAid and have zero complaints so far. So quiet I've opened it a few times not knowing it was running. We've probably had it 6-7 years now.