Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Dynafit group buy 3: Binders and Titans

see last page for further updates

12-1 update The binders are scheduled to arrive in Denver on 12-6. I will aim for a 1-2 day turnaround before re-shipping to the distribution locations or to your house if you live nowhere near a distributor. All Front Rangers will pick up the binders at my house or I can schedule to meet you near where I'm skiing.

The binders should have shipped over a week ago but there was a delay on the shop's end.

The customs charges are one of the last remaining hurdles. They shouldn't be applied but it's impossible to predict.

11-18 update: Still on track for end of Nov delivery. I'm ironing out a few remaining details.

11-12 update: I should know more about shipping by the beginning of the week but I'm doing everything possible to keep things moving.

To all who asked--I have not been sending confirmations that I received your payment. Many people didn't give me their screen names so it would be a royal pain and I don't want to post actual names in a public forum.

11-9 update: I'm finalizing shipping. Will know more by midweek.

-----------------------------

11-5 update--I will have shipping time and arrival date estimates soon. We should be on track for end of Nov delivery at the latest.

I actually wasn't purchasing any binders for myself in this buy. This was pursued primarily as a service to the board. I appreciate the sentiment to kick in a little extra though.

11-2 Anyone who wants a Titan PM me by Wed. There is a limited supply. I will respond with payment info.

10-30 The supply issue has been resolved. I will work on getting the paypal account back online but if you haven't already paid, please do so via check. Due to these delays, I will postpone the payment deadline to Nov 6. This deadline now applies to the Titan order as well. To everyone who helped or provided advice, thank you. Your efforts were greatly appreciated. I will contact local distributors once the binders leave the shop.

10-28 pm update: It may take another day to fix the paypal issues. I also received a letter from a firm representing Salewa USA threatening legal action for violating of copyrights and trademarks, among other things. I have a few people looking into this. Unfortunately it might not boil down to an issue of legality but to my inability to deliver the binders in a timely manner given all the hoops I will be forced to jump through. If I can't deliver the binders, I will refund every purchase in full as soon as possible. I didn't foresee any of this so please have patience.

10-28 my paypal account should be back on line tonight

10-27 I'm currently in the process of working out some potential legal issues related to the group buy. I have inquires out with lawyers whose expertise is in business structuring and commerce as well as with the CO Secretary of State's business division. I will keep the details private for now but this came up in a couple emails I received from a shop owner threatening legal action. I will immediately refund anyone who is concerned in any way. I should have a firm answer on legality by the end of the week.

I need to hear from people (PM please) who volunteered to distribute the binders on one small detail. The fastest way for me to process the order is to guess shipping costs so I can begin collecting payment ASAP. The only hitch is that you might have to collect a small amount of money when the people come to pick up the binders. I realize this isn't ideal but if no one has any objections it will speed up the process significantly.

Titan buy will close as scheduled on Nov 1.

UPDATE 10-19: I submitted the final order. I will post the final price including shipping ASAP. Once posted, you will have 7-10 days to send payment (check or paypal + 3%). I will post that info as well.

Things have changed a bit. I will be taking over most of the orders from the previous group buy. I will try to use the same shipping groups so if you volunteered to be a distribution center for the other buy please contact me.

All questions should be directed to dynafit.group.buy@gmail.com. The shop I’m dealing with assured me they can supply as many bindings as I require but if supply becomes an issue I will be the sole arbiter of who is included. This is a service I’m offering to give back to the community that has given me so much. Don’t abuse it.

The binder buy will close on Oct 18th at 11:59pm and prices will be finalized to include shipping shortly thereafter. The goal is to close the Titan buy around Nov 1 with a minimum of 5 pair. Prices without shipping from Europe or to each distribution center are:

Dynafit Vertical FT with 110 mm brakes EUR 240,00
    Dynafit Vertical FT with 92 mm brakes EUR 220,00

Dynafit Vertical ST with 92 mm brakes EUR 190,00
    Dynafit Vertical ST with 110 mm brakes EUR 210,00

DYNAFIT TITAN TF-X EUR 340

I have no idea how much shipping will be from Europe. Delivery by the end of November is the goal. To offset my time commitment, I will add a $10 handling fee to each order.

I will require payment in full as soon as prices are finalized. Paypal plus 3% or a check are the options. I will set a second deadline one week after the price is finalized for receipt of payment.

I have transferred the list from the other thread. If you are no longer interested, take your name off. If you want Titans, add your size to the thread. The list has not been edited to remove the Utah people yet.
    Last edited by adimmen; 12-07-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

Midwest_skier: FT 92mm x1

davidz: FT 92mm x1

I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

Quote Originally Posted by adimmen View Post
    harpo-the-skier: ST with 110mm breaks x1
    why is it telliing me the message is too short?

also, can you give a guestimate on how much shipping and handling will be?

Thnx, Harpo
    Last edited by harpo-the-skier; 10-06-2009 at 08:52 AM.

^^^ you have to have at least 8 characters in a post. I believe that where the "5678" came from.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I'm guessing shipping and handling will add about $20 to each order. I will know for sure when the order size is finalized.

muchas gracias! the g/f will be stoked.

patco21: ST 92mm x1

Got dropped down to one in the other one, so I would like to keep the one over there and a couple here if that's cool Andy.
    jcwhite: FT 92mm x2

Any idea when the Titan boots will be available?

340eu = $500

plus shipping

any idea on that? at some point it makes more sense to buy locally
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    340eu = $500

plus shipping

The local shop I would buy from is $759.99 plus almost 8% tax. That's a savings of no less than $200.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Any idea when the Titan boots will be available?
    The shop I am buying from has Titans available right now. They are also in stock at some stores in Denver.

^^ I meant to ask: when can I have my boots, if I sign up for this group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    340eu = $500

plus shipping

I did the same calculus in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by adimmen View Post
    The local shop I would buy from is $759.99 plus almost 8% tax. That's a savings of no less than $200.
    And came up with the same conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    ^^ I meant to ask: when can I have my boots, if I sign up for this group buy?
    When they arrive? Sorry... My experience has been 3-4 weeks after deal closes, so late November at the latest? Not bad timing really...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I will close the group buy Nov 1 at the latest. Shipping time from the shiop to my house is about 1 week. Then I should be able to turn them around in less than 1 week. That's 2 weeks so double it to account for Murphy's Law and hopefully the latest delivery date is the end of November.

Midwest_skier: FT 110mm x1
    harpo-the-skier: ST 110mm x1

To change me to 110mm

nasty: ST 92mm X1

Andy nothing to add other then that Titan is a hell of a boot. Maybe straightline the Herdman next time you around or assault the line off the N face of Tupper. I'm sure that line was pointed out to you

Do you mean this line in the background Lee? It's the back of Andy's head in the photo, I think he noticed

I am so skiing it this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

wiibert - i got your message. Sorry was in Utah. Can you please wait till Im there? Also Bagheera and Catamount too. And get yourself some Titans!

change to bigger brakes

davidz: FT 110mm x1

To change me to 110mm

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Andy nothing to add other then that Titan is a hell of a boot. Maybe straightline the Herdman next time you around or assault the line off the N face of Tupper. I'm sure that line was pointed out to you
    I was drooling over that line....actually over pretty much all of roger's.

Nice, thanks for organizing another one.

davidz: FT 110mm x1
    flip: FT 110mm x1