Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Oh, yeah! That is fucking awesome!

Things have a way of working out.
    Now that the snow is finally here.....

IT IS SAFE TO SKI!

Splat, can I pick up my 191 Lhasa's this weekend at your shop? Haven't seen any emails from you about shipping. Paypal was sent on 1/17 per your instructions.

Heck, if they're ready, I'll come by tonight if you'll be there a little late. I could get to Reno by 6 or 6:30.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Just got done pressing the first pair of 183s. They're cooling in the rack.
    Had to hustle, as I have to get a pair of these to the UK by Friday, so they can take off for Japan Saturday.

Whaddaya think guys?

I think the adjective I'm looking for is.........
    TITTTTTIIIEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Had to hustle, as I have to get a pair of these to the UK by Friday, so they can take off for Japan Saturday.

Whaddaya think guys?

TITTTTTIIIEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh fuck my wife is going to kill me, I want those.

Quote Originally Posted by vailcat View Post
    TITTTTTIIIEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Kwoteed for trooth! ;D

That is just dead sexy. I have seen my next pair of skis.

sick... definitely want a pair!

They'll be stoneground Monday, hopefully, and I'll throw up a pic of the finished product before they go out. They'll look more like skis.

This is the 191 thread jong.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    This is the 191 thread jong.
    Yeah but look at the Pm logo in the metal tips... Cherry... Bra, so unreal, I like one pair...

Pat- when you get more pics start a new thread with these babies!
    Less searching = more stoke!

Getting ready to ship the last load of 191s in the next two days.

Anybody else got some time on them who can post their impressions?
    I only have three days on them. Mix of deep pow, crud, soft bumps and some harder bumps. So far so good. Took me a few runs to get used to the feel compared to the obsethed. Float in pow seemed very good but conditions did not allow me to open it up in the untracked(still too rocky in GH1). Very happy with the length. I could see going to the 196 but not to the 186.
    Being so light they turn on a dime(best bump ski ive skied in a few years)
    They do not seem as forgiving as the obsethed(I do have 120 days on the obsethed so time will tell) There is something about the soft flex on the obsethed that just roll over all types of terrain and snow that the stiffer lhasas get bumped around slightly more. The stiffer flex(lhasas are not stiff but stiffer) does allow them to hold a better edge and does have a more precise feel.

Overall
    If you are deciding between the 186 or 191 get the 191(not that I have skied the 186). It does not ski long and turns on a dime

My knees like the light weight skis(even with dukes)

This ski could be an everyday ski at most western mountains
    More to come with more time on the skis
    deeppo

FKNA-The old school bases are SICK!

Whaddaya think guys?

Beautiful! like the new graphics, cant wait to ski it!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Whaddaya think guys?
    They'll do

I've had a couple of days on my 191's in varied conditions, so I'll throw my opinions on as well.

Background - 200lb, 5'9" athletic, former racer.
    Comparison skis
    - 176 Atomic Nomad Crimson - Daily Driver for EC
    - 187 High Society FR - Daily Driver for WC

Overall impressions - In fresh/crud, these things rock. They don't ski at all like a 191, they're light as hell, and you can turn them on a dime as deepo says. They float on anything but still have power to crash through tracked out crud. At the moment, I am a little disappointed with big turn on hardpack performance. In the absence of fresh, I've been unable to get them to arc big turns on hard/groomed snow. I've been told 186's do do this...it just takes some time to get used to it. So at the moment, I'm subject to short turns without great edge hold on hardpack.

Conditions with impressions
    - 1 day of variable fresh/tracked inbounds in VT - Loved the Lhasa 191 this day. They ate up anything that was thrown at them. This was right after NYE and we were getting steady but light snow. Ropes were dropped everywhere (whether they should have been or not) so they went pretty much everywhere and performed admirably.

- 1 day of fresh slackcountry woods in VT (hike from lift) - they performed great this day too. You can't really appreciate how tight EC woods are until you're in them, but you absolutely have to be able to make short turns. As mentioned above, these are absolutely no problem with the Lhasa 191. They floated through 12-18" untracked fresh in the woods no problem and still allowed plenty of maneuverability to deal with the tightly packed trees (they only thing they don't do is face block for you).

- 2 days of hardpack (1 Jackson Hole, 1 Targhee) - As mentioned above, I was pretty disappointed with the Lhasas on these days as I can't get them to arc big turns. I'm comparing to the HSFR 187 which I had in Summit County last year having a blast laying down huge railroad tracks when there was no new snow. The HSFR 87 can't make short turns to save their life, but they make great big turns.

- 2 days of Fresh at Jackson (right before the 5' ) - Again the Lhasa's shined here as expected. Tips float over whatever you can throw at them, and their light weight makes they easy to carry.

All in all, very happy with the 191's in new snow, and not quite as happy with hardpack performance - but that might just be my skills and not the skis. I'll keep at the big turns to see if I can't find a sweetspot I haven't yet realized. I'm also wondering if a tune might help.

Quote Originally Posted by deeppo View Post
    I only have three days on them. Mix of deep pow, crud, soft bumps and some harder bumps. So far so good. Took me a few runs to get used to the feel compared to the obsethed. Float in pow seemed very good but conditions did not allow me to open it up in the untracked(still too rocky in GH1). Very happy with the length. I could see going to the 196 but not to the 186.
    Being so light they turn on a dime(best bump ski ive skied in a few years)
    They do not seem as forgiving as the obsethed(I do have 120 days on the obsethed so time will tell) There is something about the soft flex on the obsethed that just roll over all types of terrain and snow that the stiffer lhasas get bumped around slightly more. The stiffer flex(lhasas are not stiff but stiffer) does allow them to hold a better edge and does have a more precise feel.

Overall
    If you are deciding between the 186 or 191 get the 191(not that I have skied the 186). It does not ski long and turns on a dime

My knees like the light weight skis(even with dukes)

This ski could be an everyday ski at most western mountains
    More to come with more time on the skis
    deeppo

Quote Originally Posted by SkiboyJ View Post
    I'm also wondering if a tune might help.
    This. I picked up a pair of 196's secondhand, and they had some mad detune in the tips and tails (never seen an edge that round). Not sure if they came like that from pmgear or if the previous user had done that. Anyhow, had much the same experience as you until I knocked out that detune. Now they do pretty good at medium to long turns on hardpack (for a 196 pintail), and my distinct impression is that if they had just a tit more tail like the 191's they'd do better still. I'm not railing turns, mind you, but I'm still able to get into that poppy carbon on the hardpack.

who cares 'bout railing fuckin' turns on lhasa's. There are better areas of employment for them.

I am really surprised they can handle tight trees.

Quote Originally Posted by dingjong View Post
    who cares 'bout railing fuckin' turns on lhasa's. There are better areas of employment for them.

I am really surprised they can handle tight trees.
    I dunno. railing turns is better than not railing turns... I think?

I've been pretty impressed w/ the 196 versatility. Really easy ski that can charge. Sounds like the 191s have taken that +1.

I dunno what might be going on with the tune on your 196s, but I rail the shit out of them on the grooms (and off grooms). You just gotta remember that they have a 39 meter radius, so they rail like a crazy train at warp mach in big freakin arcs.

my 196"s do rail indeed just get after them and then a little more and they are as good at railing as anything else. As splat said they are just big arcs at mach looney toons. Im really looking fwd to the 191's to see how they do it all. Should have them out by the weekend. Challenger is skiing sweet right now and a 191 may be the end all for that lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    This. I picked up a pair of 196's secondhand, and they had some mad detune in the tips and tails (never seen an edge that round). Not sure if they came like that from pmgear or if the previous user had done that. Anyhow, had much the same experience as you until I knocked out that detune. Now they do pretty good at medium to long turns on hardpack (for a 196 pintail), and my distinct impression is that if they had just a tit more tail like the 191's they'd do better still. I'm not railing turns, mind you, but I'm still able to get into that poppy carbon on the hardpack.
    I think someone detuned them because they wanted an easier swing for short turns and perhaps the lhasa was not what they expected. But I caught about 8-10 inches of pow in the trees at Heavenly last week on them and that reminded how fast they come alive once the fresh is hit. They made screaming through the trees really fun because they get much more maneuverable in the soft. You wanna hit a big fresh bowl at mach? 196 will make you think you're in your bedroom slippers.

I think someone detuned them because they wanted an easier swing for short turns and perhaps the lhasa was not what they expected. But I caught about 8-10 inches of pow in the trees at Heavenly last week on them and that reminded how fast they come alive once the fresh is hit. They made screaming through the trees really fun because they get much more maneuverable in the soft. You wanna hit a big fresh bowl at mach? 196 will make you think you're in your bedroom slippers.
    I've been pretty impressed with 'em. wasn't knocking their hard snow performance at all, and those tip and tail edges still need some more elbow grease and a file.

I was also surprised at how easy they were in the trees. Wasn't expecting that.

Anyhow, sorry to turn this into the 196 thread.