Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

191 Lhasa Production-Paging Splat

There was a thread a few days ago asking about the status of the 191s....maybe you could throw out a quick update for us?

thanks.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

To kill 2 birds with one stone....when are the warranties for the 186 carbons shipping? Last you said was the week of September 19th but I never got a reply back on my email.

(( Sounds like Splat is busy pressing planks .. ))
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Pulled the trigger on a 191 last week - Splat said they plan to begin pressing 191's at the end of October.

bumperino
    60% of the time, it works every time.

another bump to get this back to the 1st page

Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to get Pierre back to France after taking him to the airport in SF Monday and he was a month early for the flight he booked. He wanted to leave 10/5, but booked his ticket for 11/5. Didn't feel right about leaving him waiting in the in the airport for a month. Took a couple days to get him another flight home...

The first two proto pairs of 191s get pressed next week. We'll check out the flex and make sure all the parts fit together and if all is OK, we'll knock out the cores and go forward. We had to do the metal tip pieces, like the one in the middle bottom of the photo, three times before Pierre got it right. The cores should go easier, since he sized the 191 cores off the 186 and 196 cores.

time2climb - shoot me another mail if you haven't gotten your warranty pair. things are just a bit crazy right now.

sorry for the sizing. someone swiped my photoshop disk.

Bump for any new info re the ETA for the 191s.

just wondering, does pm gear send a shipping number when they head out or is it just a one day they show up at your door thing?

^^brown santa just rolls up one day and there is much rejoicing

^^^^ thats funneh and the way a pair of blems arrived for me [at an old paypal addy]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

The last I heard we should see the skis around thanksgiving. That was a few weeks ago. Also splat is there any way to make sure pm gear has the right ship addy. Living in a town with po boxes is a pain
    deeppo

Quote Originally Posted by todug27 View Post
    just wondering, does pm gear send a shipping number when they head out or is it just a one day they show up at your door thing?
    mine just showed up. made for a weird message on my phone since i wasn't home at the time. Fedex guy (think it was fedex Oo) leaves a message and is like i put your package behind your house in your woodshed in the left side under the blue tarp. I was like wtf i've had you guys leave $2k worth of computer parts on my front porch and this guy goes through all this trouble..... course then i got home and grabbed them and he'd left a nice note saying to enjoy the Lhasa's. Props to you Mr. Fedex dude for keeping my lhasa's safe!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoMike View Post
    Bump for any new info re the ETA for the 191s.
    We're on 186s for the next eight days, then the 191s. We got hung up on graphic bases we wanted to do and had to order some more of the red we've been using to get them out. Waiting on those bases hung us out to dry for the last two weeks, so we pressed 192s, which came out uber schweet. I know a lot of people are waiting on Lhasas, and they'll start shipping next week and, from there on out, we'll be getting them out as fast and steady as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by deeppo View Post
    The last I heard we should see the skis around thanksgiving. That was a few weeks ago. Also splat is there any way to make sure pm gear has the right ship addy. Living in a town with po boxes is a pain
    deeppo
    I've asked anyone with any special requests, change of address or change of size to send a .01 Paypal to sales@pmgearusa and note their info in the form somewhere. All our shipping info comes from the Paypal payments, so this is the easiest way to make changes. pleeeeze, not in pms...

thanks for the update splat.

Thanks for the update!!! The anticipation is killing me.

Schweet. 191 Rulz.

And the FKNA 183's ???????
    Do it!!!! You fuckin pussy

We hit a snag on the 183s. The engineering has to be done again. Pierre missed the mark. He and StroupSkier are working on the revised cad. They will be pressed after the 191s. The first protos were wrong, but we'll have this straightened out and get right on them after the 191s. The 191 protos were money. We'll get some 186 and 196 out this week and then all the 186 out over the next two weeks, then the 191s, then 183s, 179s, and 188 going into the new year. They won't go out until they're perfect. They'll get next year's topsheets and, hopefully, the new bases.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Dear Mr. Splat, I know those 191's are gonna be the shiznits. Thanks for not making them yet cause if I had them I'd probably ski them and I'd be pissed if the bases of my new skis looked like this

-Your bro from a different mo
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

But the edges are still $$$$$$.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    But the edges are still $$$$$$.
    bwwahh I got a pair of broheamoths one season and waxed em every day for like a month waiting for more coverage finally got a two footer took em out for a tour came up on a little <10' stump drop, heard the wifes voice in the back of my head pussed out, banked a high speed turn onto a rock and blew the edge. Should have waited one more storm or not pussed out.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

theres no way i would have the restraint to not bring these out as soon as they are mounted.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    bwwahh I got a pair of broheamoths one season and waxed em every day for like a month waiting for more coverage finally got a two footer took em out for a tour came up on a little <10' stump drop, heard the wifes voice in the back of my head pussed out, banked a high speed turn onto a rock and blew the edge. Should have waited one more storm or not pussed out.
    And the magic of pmgear is they still ski fine.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We hit a snag on the 183s. The engineering has to be done again. Pierre missed the mark. He and StroupSkier are working on the revised cad. They will be pressed after the 191s. The first protos were wrong, but we'll have this straightened out and get right on them after the 191s. The 191 protos were money. We'll get some 186 and 196 out this week and then all the 186 out over the next two weeks, then the 191s, then 183s, 179s, and 188 going into the new year. They won't go out until they're perfect. They'll get next year's topsheets and, hopefully, the new bases.
    So we are looking at early dec. for the 191. Just wondering when I need to step up and buy binders for them(thinking dukes so I can ski them everywhere everyday)
    deeppo