Transplanted Mag-Europe

Well, a month ago I was supposed to move to northern BC with my girl... now I'm staring out my window at the olympic stadium in Sarajevo. Funny how life works.

If anyone has ideas on what to see and do in Bosnia and area please let me know. Most importantly ski areas...i know of the local two resorts and they will do for now but i'm looking for areas (close) that would be worth checking out. Backcountry around here is kinda limited due to mines. I heard that Slovenia has some prime terrain and there is always Italy (a little far though). Austria is definitely on the areas to visit...but I won't have wheels for awhile.

I hope to make it to the summit again this year but that remains to be seen. If not I have it on good authority that C3 will be there again (sans moi) killing it on the slopes and in the bar.

Any mags in the area?

If anyone finds themselves in the Sarajevo area shoot me a pm, there is room to crash.

edit: post first then drink turkish coffee....thought patterns all over the place!
    Last edited by powfreak; 09-27-2004 at 07:13 AM.
    ...what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

So, how long are you there for? And how did you end up in Sarajevo?

Hey Kellie, how's it going?

I'm in Sarajevo for an undetermined amount of time. It's year to year for me but I'll be here for sure until next december, hopefully longer. As for Sarajevo...I ended up taking a position with an international organization that is based out of Sarajevo. It's prime goal is to identify the missing from the recent war.

You still in San Fran?

Yep, still in SF - wondering if I should make a move as well . . . but I want another season in Tahoe and another spring in the eastern Sierras . . . so we'll see :-)

Sounds like a pretty sweet adventure you've found yourself - I am sure you'll find ample skiing radness and you'll have to share it with all of us! You should come back for the summit though cuz it won't be the same without ya!!! I've heard that the former Yugoslavia is some of the most incredible scenery you can find, so hopefully you'll have some time to explore :-)

Your Alive !!!

Good to here from ya man. Hope all is going well in Sarajevo. If I could ever save enough money to buy a plan ticket ... i'm taking you up on your couch offer.

I have almost pulled the trigger on buying a Fernie pass this year and renting a room from Flanker in Sparwood. This could be a very interesting winter. What are your thoughts from last winter's experience. Castle or Fernie ???
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

Quote Originally Posted by powfreak
    Backcountry around here is kinda limited due to mines.
    !
    Yikes. This is a sentence that has not been written on these boards before.

Have fun, but be careful!

(I wonder if a thick layer of snow would keep mines from detonating...no idea)

Dude, things are pretty inexpensive around here. The expensive thing is accomodation....and i gots ya covered. Plus, I think you might like the girls here.

As for question 2...I had the time of my life last winter in Fernie/Wood. What really made it was the company. The skiing was fantastic, especially out-of-bounds. I've flogged fernie in the past but if you know where to go it's awesome. But Castle is where i grew up and there are good peeps there also. I would probably go to fernie if i were you just for the change of scenery. On shit days hit up the park or OB. I highly endorse the Fernie choice if you can stay in the Wood...just too many good memories there.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Yikes. This is a sentence that has not been written on these boards before.

Have fun, but be careful!

(I wonder if a thick layer of snow would keep mines from detonating...no idea)

I thought about the snow cover but then i thought about dropping some air and the landing triggering something...

I think they recommend you stay on the groomers, hence my need to find some other areas.