Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Kirkwood: As of 3/10/17 "There is no overnight parking or camping in the resort area". To quote security.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I would guess that you can set up right in the base area parking lot if you'd like. With that being said changes have certainly occurred over the past few years with the new management so may be worth a phone call to the ticket office.
    Don't think so. There is Century Park in Ogden or Chris's RV in Huntsville. No services but they will let you park next to the resturant for something like $20/night.

Thanks. I did call PM. No overnight parking in their lots.

We'll see what we can find.
    Last edited by goldengatestinx; 03-11-2017 at 11:26 PM.

The Comprehensive Car/Camper/RV Overnight Camping Locale Thread

The general rule seem to be:
    Smaller areas that want your business will welcome you to stay there, Big Corporate areas want nothing to do with us, we don't spend enough money. There are exceptions to the rule, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Any clues for overnight parking at/near Powder Mountain, UT? Heading to use Loveland 3 free days with the truck camper.
    We stayed unbothered in the Park-n-Ride in Eden near the High School.

You have a van right? That's pretty stealthy so I imagine you could get away with it. Wasn't officially approved but it worked for us for a night in a far-from-stealthy pop-up slide-in.

We have a truck camper. We'll check out the PnR if we can't find any forest service roads we can slide off into. Thanks for the hint.

We have a truck camper. We'll check out the PnR if we can't find any forest service roads we can slide off into. Thanks for the hint.
    Good luck and please let us know if you find any good ones. We tried going up 162 north of town which looked to be the closest forest access. Unfortunately it isn't maintained in winter beyond town (despite what the MVUM says.)

Did that work for you? I'm heading that way next week.

We ended up being there fairly late season. Cruised through Eden and to PM. Talked with a patroller who called someone and we got permission to stay in the lot by the busses and groomers.

The lot never filled up. Was a good deal but not sure they'll allow it peak season. Hopefully so since we're heading over sometime later this season.

The PnR would be Ok if overnight parking is allowed but that uphill drive could be ugly in a storm. Chaining up would make it better but still. It's a damn steep paved road up to the ski area.

Ski in ski out parking. Damn good.

If it ever dumps and a Durango trek is justified does anyone know if Purg allows overnight parking in their lots?

Canadian Rockies update?

Anyone have any updates on spots in the Canadian Rockies? I already know about the one night deal at Revelstoke, and the campgrounds/parking lots around Lake Louise, but any other options for those two areas? What about Banff area? My wife and I are taking the van up this week for a quick trip.

Thanks!

Also I know of a free park and ride lot in Sandy, UT that is just at the entrance to Little Cottonwood, perfect for Alta/Snowbird. It's just a parking lot and there's no bathrooms, but there is a rec center across the street with bathrooms, showers, and hot tubs for only $5/day. My wife and I parked our van there for four days last year with no problems whatsoever. Just google Alta Canyon Sports Center and the park and ride is just across the street to the north near the bus stops and fire department.

Big Sky Update

I stayed two nights in the car lot at the base of the Pony Express Lift in the Moonlight Basin. Very quite and no problems. Thanks for the intel Tri-Ungulate. I bet there would be no issues staying in the main lot either because I did see a couple sprinter vans.

Highspeed internet is available in the village.

Hey guys,

coming over from Aus and rented a decent sized campervan for a couple of weeks, any info on cheap powered spots around South Tahoe or Northstar would be good if they exist. no problems bumming it on the side of the road but using a heater would be nice for a couple of nights.

After spending a few weeks in Japan and then Colorado with friends ill be driving LA > hoover dam/Grand Canyon > Zion np > Tahoe and then come back via SF/Yosemite and Big sur.

Probably only going to spend a few days in Tahoe because ill have done a fair bit of skiing beforehand but any beta on the other areas or new suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers

Looks like camping is back at killington at skyeship for next season in the lot across the road from the lodge. Jay Peak stateside lot camping is also aloud.