Page 104 of 181 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4514
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Kids Spyder kit. Jacket size 10 (includes powder skirt), pants size 12. Fully functional. Pants showing more wear than the jacket. Worst of it is on upper right thigh as shown, everything else pretty negligible. Thinking sixer $ plus shipping.
    Attachment 302536Attachment 302537Attachment 302538Attachment 302539
    That kit looks awfully familiar.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, brought these to the ski shop and they just called me saying these bindings can't be mounted on a ski shorter than 140 based on official documentation, and the Moments are 121. How is a binding with a DIN range of .5-4 only be able to be mounted on a 140 or larger? That makes no sense to me, but I know nothing about alpine bindings.

And if it does make sense, I guess I need to find other bindings for my kid (that a ski shop will mount). Her DIN setting is around 2.5.

I don't have the skills or tools to mount my own bindings, so no need to even go there.
    That's f...d but they swear by the book I'd try a different shop or just call a friend with a drill. I mounted all my girls bindings with no template. Just a 2x4 practice mount, make a paper jig with the holes line up and drill.a little crooked sometimes but with such low dins and kids it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Atomic Race 7 Jr. Ski - Size 110 - w/ Binding

Atomic Race 7 Jr. Ski - Size 110 - w/ Binding
    Size 110
    Solomon C305 Binding
    $60
    You pay actual shipping and pp

Great little ski for your future World Cup Racer. Freshly Tuned.

Name:  00k0k_2nCC9kS9R7s_600x450.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  16.2 KB
    Name:  00v0v_gW6lMvw2XDN_600x450.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  26.8 KB

So, brought these to the ski shop and they just called me saying these bindings can't be mounted on a ski shorter than 140 based on official documentation, and the Moments are 121. How is a binding with a DIN range of .5-4 only be able to be mounted on a 140 or larger? That makes no sense to me, but I know nothing about alpine bindings.

And if it does make sense, I guess I need to find other bindings for my kid (that a ski shop will mount). Her DIN setting is around 2.5.

I don't have the skills or tools to mount my own bindings, so no need to even go there.
    That doesn't sound right to me either. However, the kids Look/Rossi demo bindings are simply the regular junior bindings on top of demo plates. You can mount without the plates for both toes and heels and it's the same as the regular Team 4 binding, just need to grind down the screws for the heels; IIRC the toe screws will be the same since they only screw into the toe plate and not all the way through into the skis.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    Would love to move these skis, originally a couple pages back (98). Some of the other stuff there is still available, of course, everything is OBO.

Head mojo 65 107cm Rossi binders
    These were our go-to skis after the Heads below and have a textured indestructable topsheet, both are good condition. 35$

Head mad trix team 97cm Tyrolia binders
    Lots of stickers which I can take off, really good skis for the 5-6 y.o. crowd. 30$

Attachment 297736
    Attachment 297737
    You still got either of these? My son is 5 and 47 inches tall, which would you recommend (if at all?)
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Dalbello little boots stamped 250mm.
    Free plus ship. I

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    These are going in the trash next week unless someone wants them. Size 1 I think.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

The shop's explanation was that the ski is too thin where the bindings need to be mounted?

Should I just look for another (non-demo) binding? Go to a different shop where I can actually talk to the tech (this was Boulder Ski Deals and it's not easy to talk to the people actually doing the work)?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The shop's explanation was that the ski is too thin where the bindings need to be mounted?

Should I just look for another (non-demo) binding? Go to a different shop where I can actually talk to the tech (this was Boulder Ski Deals and it's not easy to talk to the people actually doing the work)?
    Post a picture of the bindings you have?

If we're talking about the same thing, I mounted those same bindings on sub-70 waisted, 100cm long skis for my kiddo last season. Mounted flat without the demo plates as mentioned above. Zero issues.

Edit to add: Went a few pages back and saw the pics of GeorgiaSnow's bindings you picked up.

Find a different shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    Post a picture of the bindings you have?

If we're talking about the same thing, I mounted those same bindings on sub-70 waisted, 100cm long skis for my kiddo last season. Mounted flat without the demo plates as mentioned above. Zero issues.

Edit to add: Went a few pages back and saw the pics of GeorgiaSnow's bindings you picked up.

Find a different shop.
    Right. Any bindings that you mount are going to need to be in the same spot on the skis, so what does the binding model have to do with the ski length - as long as they are junior bindings. Might need shorter screws?

Maybe try taking them to Crystal Ski Shop by REI. You can talk with the shop guys directly. Full disclosure, they fucked up a mount location on skis for me last year but actually bought a replacement set of skis to make it right. They are good guys. At least you'll get a straight explanation if there is an issue, and you'll know what you are dealing with.

Pow Skis in 120-130

I'm looking for a ski my mini-grom in a 120-130 neighborhood, but something with a little heft underfoot. The 128 Mantras would seem to fit the bill to get him floating a bit more. Anyone have anything they need to get rid of?

Thanks y'all, will try Crystal and talk to an actual tech.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Danno I have mounting bits locally if Crystal doesn’t pan out. Also the comp center repair shop at WP is awesome if you’re up that way.

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

Doesn’t make a ton of sense unless screw length is an issue- in which case get shorter screws. No one riding a 3 din is ripping anything out.

I know of no reason ski length dictates binding compatibility.

You can visually test screw length. At least ballpark.
    Uno mas

Question for the masses if I can't get that binding issue sorted out:

Skis are 80 underfoot. I know nothing about bending brakes, how hard it is, what the tolerance is. I see some kid bindings with 85mm brakes which will obviously work, but I see some really cheap ones with 76mm or 74mm brakes. Are those "close enough" or do I really need to get closer to or above 80?

close enough
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Question for the masses if I can't get that binding issue sorted out:

Skis are 80 underfoot. I know nothing about bending brakes, how hard it is, what the tolerance is. I see some kid bindings with 85mm brakes which will obviously work, but I see some really cheap ones with 76mm or 74mm brakes. Are those "close enough" or do I really need to get closer to or above 80?
    Most brakes bend really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Most brakes bend really easily.
    x3, and sometimes kid's brakes bend even more easily than adult ones.

If they bend out really wide to clear they could catch on each other, which is bad, especially for kids, but then you just double bend them so the ends point back in a bit.

I have acquired all the hardgoods for my kid (almost 2 y/o - helmet, goggles, skis, boots) but I'm wondering about outerwear best practices for small kids. Should I be looking for a one piece suit or does it not really matter? She's already grown out of one snow suit which we used last winter for sledding and what not, and she's got a jacket and snow pants that kind of live at day care so if I get a second set of dedicated outerwear for skiing I'm wondering what is ideal.

What is ideal is whatever fits her, makes her happy, and keeps her dry and warm. We've used both one piece and two piece for skiing, both with success. One piece has obvious dry/warm advantages, but comes with bathroom disadvantages. But generally, we have done one piece suits for skiing/snow play.

Fartbags Rule!

So, the tech who said he couldn't mount those bindings on my skis? Because the skis were too short, and needed to be at least 140cm?

Here's what he was looking at, anyone spot the problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191122_213209.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	303451

My dick is < 8"

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

So, the tech who said he couldn't mount those bindings on my skis? Because the skis were too short, and needed to be at least 140cm?

Here's what he was looking at, anyone spot the problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191122_213209.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	303451
    He's obviously reading that incorrectly. That says L (length) = / < equal to or less than 140. So those should not be mounted to a ski longer than 140 cm

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

^^^ yeah, tech is a moran. I mounted a set of those on some 138cm skis last year and my kid didn’t die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

If less than 140.1cm use a 6mm screw.
    Uno mas