Page 42 of 181 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4515
    Yeah yeah yeah, you got one for sale? and which products of theirs do you have/use?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hookease and wedge ease
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Wedge ease are for sisease. Parents that is.

Want yer kid too lern two ski or snowplowz?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

With kid #1 I used a harness and edgie-wedgie. Moved onto steeper slopes way too early, since with the harness I could get him down them. He learned to dangle from the harness with me holding him up while he "skied" with no weight on his feet.

With kid #2 I just used a pole - either a piece of bamboo I borrowed from lift ops or a long thick ski pole. Held it out to the side and had my kid grab it with both hands. Stayed on easy slopes where I could control her speed with the pole. She kept her weight on her feet, kept her hands up, and learned to steer, edge, brake, etc. way quicker than kid #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ok, feedback time. Kid is now skiing, between our legs. Need something better. Harness? Daheel and Montanaskier already gave me an opinion, as well as others on FB, but figured I'd ask here too (especially if someone has something I need for cheap). Kid will be 3 next month.

Danno, I'd stay away from them. If your kid is skiing between your legs move him/her off to the side and hold your poles out to help them control speed. Harness and wedges teach bad habits. My older daughter moved along just fine without either. My younger used both but she's autistic so for her it was better since she didn't understand the concept of not running into trees. She's off the harness now and will be off the wedge very soon. I still put the harness on her though as it is a nice handle for plopping her on the chair.

I have some K2 Luv Bugs in a 76cm length and some size 9 (16 Mondo) boots that my girls have officially out grown. Boots are older and are a little rough but keep little feet warm and hold them to skis. The skis are in excellent shape on the bottom, the tops look like they have been through a few kids. One mount for the toe piece and two for the heel. One of the heel screw holes is stripped but little kids don't crank on bindings much so it was never a problem. I would love to give these away but my kids need new gear too. Let's say $40 for the skis and $15 for the boots. Located in Longmont Colorado. As you can imagine I travel up to summit county quite often. Could also deliver to Ft Collins.

Ok, feedback time. Kid is now skiing, between our legs. Need something better. Harness? Daheel and Montanaskier already gave me an opinion, as well as others on FB, but figured I'd ask here too (especially if someone has something I need for cheap). Kid will be 3 next month.
    Instead of a harness with leashes behind, I have been using a 12' length of climbing strap and 2 carabiners that wrap around/ attach to the back of her boots. I can control her speed from behind, adjust her feet- plus it forces her to learn balance rather than relying on me for it. I still use the tip clips, as she has a tendency to allow her skis to split. She is just turning 4 and has been out to the local hill 2x and the street in front of the house 2x over the last year. She can make it all the way down a green this way without falling.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

$25 each item, you pay shipping from 53711. First choice goes to those that have hooked me up in the past.

1) 148cm Dynastar Team Trouble Maker ~101-68-91 Topsheet (cap) in good condition, no chips or cracks but plenty of scratches along tips and tails. Bases a little dry but very good overall, no core shots or ptex work. Edges are fine, no cracks w/ light surface rust in spots but could be cleaned up to make them perfect. Marker M450 bindings din 0.75-4.5 in very good condition. Mounted for a 295mm bsl.

SOLD 2) 133cm Elan Pro 100-70-90 in very good condition. Topsheet (cap) very clean, no chipping or cracks little bit of scratching. Bases have no core shots or ptex work w/storage wax, in very good condition. Edges have light surface rust in spots buy very good otherwise. Marker M450 bindings din 0.75-4.5 in very good condition. Mounted for a 276mm bsl. SOLD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	146999

3) Salomon Course 70, 25/25.5-295mm bsl Flex 70 JR in excellent condition. All buckles and strap work just fine, soles in very good condition. Green superfeet included.

SOLD 4) Salomon Performa T3, 23/23.5-276mm bsl Flex 20(?) in excellent condition. All buckles and strap work just fine, soles in very good condition. Green superfeet included. SOLD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	147000
    Last edited by skuff; 01-22-2014 at 04:58 PM.

PM sent.

Sent from my HTC One X using TGR Forums

jgb@etree Guest
    Anyone got a decent source for one piece snow suits (boys) in 5T or larger? Little dude outgrew last years, and it looks like REI and some of the other folks that make the 1 pieces atop at 4T. Best I've found is a Spyder suit for $180, but am looking for other options since he'll likely outgrow it again this year.

Once I get him something, I'll be throwing his snow suit from last year up here for grabs. Blue 1 piece REI suit in 4T.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Anyone got a decent source for one piece snow suits (boys) in 5T or larger? Little dude outgrew last years, and it looks like REI and some of the other folks that make the 1 pieces atop at 4T. Best I've found is a Spyder suit for $180, but am looking for other options since he'll likely outgrow it again this year.

Once I get him something, I'll be throwing his snow suit from last year up here for grabs. Blue 1 piece REI suit in 4T.
    Went to send you a PM but your box is full.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet begonias View Post
    Went to send you a PM but your box is full.
    Cleaned out. Say hey to Matt for me. Hope all is well in AK!

Rossi Fun Girl ski boots

I though my little lady outgrew these, but found out after I got her new ones (fitted with some room) that they were the same size. new ones are steezier so these have to go

25.5 - 295 BSL

very light use

60 bucks includes shipping and paypal.

Training for Alpental

Looking for kids xc boots (sns) in about mondo 21.0\21.5... Works out to about 33 in euro sizing...

I've got a pair of 17.5 Nordica (nordys) in great shape if someone is interested. Looking to replace with 21.0 or so, but will probably do local for those.

Sent from my HTC One using TGR Forums

Looking for kids ski poles, 80cm ish will do, Let me know. Paypal is ready.

Typical first day. Daughter walked around in mid-November with her ski boots. Today, they were too small.

I am in need of size 12 (18.5)

Send PM please. Paypal and beer ready.

Rossignol Comp JR boot - 3 buckle - 18.5 mondo - used 1.5 seasons - we paid $90 - $45 shipped -

Attachment 140829

i have 2 pairs of Blue Lange Jr Ski Boots 20.5...

Pair #1: Lange RSJ 60 Ski Boots - 4 Buckle --> $60 Shipped
    Pair #2: Lange Team 7 Ski Boots - 3 Buckle --> $50 Shipped

Both are in great shape etc. Boots are in N. Tahoe for doing a local deal.

Thx.
    Last edited by onehotchili; 01-04-2014 at 12:07 AM.

DIN chart for kid's range? Can somebody post one up (or send in a PM)? My eldest grew a ton since last spring.

TIA

dinsetting.com

^^ thanks

7 year old daughter is visiting for a few weeks. Anyone in CO have some gear that they could lend for a day or two? I need the whole nine yards (gloves, goggles, pants, jackst, helmet, boots, skis).

I know there is a lot of anti harness on here, but if for nothing else, they are awesome for picking your kid up off the snow and holding on to the so you know they won't fall off the lift.

Our son is 2yrs 8mo. We use a harness. I try to keep the lines slack, and will take several runs on the bunny where I don't need to slow him down. When I do slow him down, I don't see how this take weight off his feet or allow him to cheat on balance. He needs to adjust to the pressure and use his balance.

He likes to switch lifts and sometimes go down something steeper. I use between the legs, with my up hill hand on the harness and down hill hand on his hip, helping him angular and "carve" across the hill. Or we use the harness to control speed. I plan to try out the pole method.

But, even with the harness he has already started parallel turns, cutting across the hill and will Ollie jump while skiing. I don't feel he is relying on anyone else's balance. But he can't make a wedge turn yet. Oh well.

Bottom line. I like the harness and like knowing that I I have a leash in my hand he can't ski right off the WROD.

i used a harness with leads with the 3yo, keeping the leads slack. i'd only tighten the leads to control speed when it was getting out of control. steeper runs (or sections or whenever he was uncomfortable for some reason) were done between my legs. i also sometimes worked on pizza turns while between my legs. the harness was mainly used to pick em up.

i never used the pole method with that kid (i might with my twins).

OT, i like that hand on the hip technique that you mention and will try it with my littles.

regarding parallel turns vs wedge turns, when i was 4, i learned to make a parallel turn (and hockey stop) before i learned to make a wedge turn. it wasn't a specific method or anything, more of my folks going along with me accidentally making hockey stops. it worked for me....

Edgie-wedgie, a good helmet, an uncrowded beginner area and LOTS of gummy bears is what I would recommend. The main issue is the real youngsters (2-3yo) can't easily drive the rotary movement from the hip necessary to do a wedge, so the tips tied together allows them to just spread their legs to stop. It's somewhat self limiting because even at that age most kids know enough not to run into stuff (still watch out though, I've had to chase my boys down more than once).
    Do lots of flatland stuff first, walking around, turning in circles like a clock, crouching and jumping, standing on one foot, falling and getting up... make a game of it.
    Never liked the harness thing, almost got clotheslined at Mt. Rose the other day when a kid made a unexpected hard right while on the harness--gets them going too fast too soon...