Page 148 of 181 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4514
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    This years Rossi race catalog.

https://issuu.com/professionalsport/...e_katalog_2223

Last years atomic

https://issuu.com/professionalsport/...logue_21_22_v3

General recomendations are near the back in both.

I think the Rossi junior skis changed nominally i.e. 151 became a 150 or something like that but nothing significant.

Make sure to discuss appropriate boot flex as well as ski length with coaches too.

Shortest things I’ve got left are a 146 SL and a 170 GS both of which too much for your kid I think.
    Thanks guys!

Got some info from a coach and still waiting on her head coach, but the sizes all seem to line up, more or less. Looks like something in the 145-150 range for GS, 135-140 range for SL. Free skis somewhere in there too, I guess.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, if anyone is holding skis that fit that bill, let me know.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, if anyone is holding skis that fit that bill, let me know.
    I have some atomic GS12 137 cm, free plus shipping

Thanks, I need longer for GS (she currently has a 135).

Junior bindings/boots vs Adult bindings/boots

I know that at least some of the answer is deep within this thread, but not sure what a good search term is. I am clueless about alpine equipment, but through this thread and outfitting my daughter in race equipment, I learned that there are junior boots and bindings and adult boots and bindings. But I need to know more. For ease of answering, my questions are listed below.

1. I assume they are incompatible with each other (ie you can't use an adult boot in a junior binding, and can's use a junior boot in an adult binding)?
    2. How can you tell if a boot is a junior boot? (I remember that this info is somewhere in this thread, that there is something stamped on the boot if it is junior, but I don't remember what or where on the boot)
    3. How can you tell if a binding is a junior binding?
    4. Is there a clear cutoff for either (in terms of size or DIN setting or whatever)? IOW, is there a period of time when your kiddo could be in either and you just need to make sure that you have compatible stuff, or is it a more simple "once they're in X size boot" or "once they reach Y DIN setting" they need adult equipment?

I have boots for my kiddo (size 22.0-22.5, unless she miraculously fits in last season's 21.0-21.5 boots), but I am on the hunt for new skis (see earlier post) but I want to make sure I get stuff that will work with her boots. And I am lost when it comes to evaluating even the most simple stuff when it comes to the whole boot/binding thing.

Junior bindings/boots vs Adult bindings/boots

I know that at least some of the answer is deep within this thread, but not sure what a good search term is. I am clueless about alpine equipment, but through this thread and outfitting my daughter in race equipment, I learned that there are junior boots and bindings and adult boots and bindings. But I need to know more. For ease of answering, my questions are listed below.

1. I assume they are incompatible with each other (ie you can't use an adult boot in a junior binding, and can's use a junior boot in an adult binding)?
    2. How can you tell if a boot is a junior boot? (I remember that this info is somewhere in this thread, that there is something stamped on the boot if it is junior, but I don't remember what or where on the boot)
    3. How can you tell if a binding is a junior binding?
    4. Is there a clear cutoff for either (in terms of size or DIN setting or whatever)? IOW, is there a period of time when your kiddo could be in either and you just need to make sure that you have compatible stuff, or is it a more simple "once they're in X size boot" or "once they reach Y DIN setting" they need adult equipment?

I have boots for my kiddo (size 22.0-22.5, unless she miraculously fits in last season's 21.0-21.5 boots), but I am on the hunt for new skis (see earlier post) but I want to make sure I get stuff that will work with her boots. And I am lost when it comes to evaluating even the most simple stuff when it comes to the whole boot/binding thing.
    I think you could have googled this faster than writing your question.

The answer is 42.

If your kid skis aggressively get adult stuff now. My kid pulled bindings out of foam core skis many times. When the heel pulls out the brake comes with it and we lost the ski.
    Tween boys can end up in women's boots.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I did google, and got lots of ski shops that talked generally about junior equipment, but none that talked specifics about compatibility and how to tell what works with what. And I am not asking about skis, I only mentioned skis because I am looking for used skis and used skis frequently come with bindings, and I want to make sure I understand what to look at WRT the bindings.

I did google, and got lots of ski shops that talked generally about junior equipment, but none that talked specifics about compatibility and how to tell what works with what. And I am not asking about skis, I only mentioned skis because I am looking for used skis and used skis frequently come with bindings, and I want to make sure I understand what to look at WRT the bindings.
    evo says it's generally at 22 mondo:
    https://www.evo.com/guides/how-to-ch...#compatibility
    (scroll down to "Can I Use A Junior Boot In An Adult Binding?")

Fischer makes their Junior race boots in both adult and junior soles at that size. The look nx bindings are convertible by swapping afd’s if you can find them. New sets should come with both and both screw sets.

IMHO get the adult soled Fischer’s and move to adult bindings even if the cost is a bit more right now…it’ll save loads of money and hassles in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Anyone holding something around upper 120 to 130cm , 80s width, preferably wood core for my 9 yo?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    evo says it's generally at 22 mondo:
    https://www.evo.com/guides/how-to-ch...#compatibility
    (scroll down to "Can I Use A Junior Boot In An Adult Binding?")
    Thanks. I think I had seen that page, but obviously didn't scroll down far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Fischer makes their Junior race boots in both adult and junior soles at that size. The look nx bindings are convertible by swapping afd’s if you can find them. New sets should come with both and both screw sets.

IMHO get the adult soled Fischer’s and move to adult bindings even if the cost is a bit more right now…it’ll save loads of money and hassles in the long run.
    Thanks. Still need to figure out which boots fit her -- neither are Fischer -- but if she has a mondo 22 boot, how do I know for sure if it is "junior" or not? The new 22 boot is an Atomic Redster Jr 60, BSL 267, but don't know if that "Jr" means it is a junior boot; by the eye test it is possible the heel and toe pads are slightly thicker than her existing junior boots, but I might be imagining it. EDIT: after searching the boots, her old boot has a faint "C" stamp on it and the likely new boot has an "A" stamped in the same place, and in googling, this page says that means the Atomics are adult boots, even though they say "Jr". And that page has some of the best info I have seen, but didn't come up in my initial search (only came up in searching for "alpine ski boot stamped C").

Here's a DIN question, when they ask "weight" is that her weight without any gear/clothes? Because she's 87 pounds in light clothing, but with ski clothes, helmet, poles, etc, she's got to be close to or over the 91 lb break point on the DIN charts. In any event, using a weight of 87 lbs puts her DIN around 3.5, and if 92 lbs the DIN goes up to over 4, so I guess I should be looking for bindings that are 2-7? Is that an adult binding? Or are there adult 2-7 bindings and kid 2-7 bindings?

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

Danno - you’re on it with the A and C stamped on the boot. Just visually the adult sole is thicker and much wider - easy to see if you’ve got one of each. My recollection is most brands cross over at or around 22/22.5.

As for bindings I think you have to check manufacturers websites or really know what your looking for with boot in binding. Some Salomon’s and Markers work with both soles out of the box. As mentioned above Look offers different AFD base plates to cover some of their bindings but at least a few years ago when I had to deal with it they weren’t included, were difficult to find and even some 7 din Junior bindings came with adult plates .

The jr in the description usually means the cuff is much lower. Dead on w the A and C

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Just scored a good pair of GS skis for $20, sweet! Also got a pair of GS poles.

And one of her coaches thinks she has a pair of slalom skis that will work.

If she comes through, I'll be just looking for SL poles and free skis in a 14x size.

Just scored a good pair of GS skis for $20, sweet! Also got a pair of GS poles.

And one of her coaches thinks she has a pair of slalom skis that will work.

If she comes through, I'll be just looking for SL poles and free skis in a 14x size.
    Glad you are scoring! Certainly not for a lack of trying

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Thanks. I think I had seen that page, but obviously didn't scroll down far enough.

Thanks. Still need to figure out which boots fit her -- neither are Fischer -- but if she has a mondo 22 boot, how do I know for sure if it is "junior" or not? The new 22 boot is an Atomic Redster Jr 60, BSL 267, but don't know if that "Jr" means it is a junior boot; by the eye test it is possible the heel and toe pads are slightly thicker than her existing junior boots, but I might be imagining it. EDIT: after searching the boots, her old boot has a faint "C" stamp on it and the likely new boot has an "A" stamped in the same place, and in googling, this page says that means the Atomics are adult boots, even though they say "Jr". And that page has some of the best info I have seen, but didn't come up in my initial search (only came up in searching for "alpine ski boot stamped C").

Here's a DIN question, when they ask "weight" is that her weight without any gear/clothes? Because she's 87 pounds in light clothing, but with ski clothes, helmet, poles, etc, she's got to be close to or over the 91 lb break point on the DIN charts. In any event, using a weight of 87 lbs puts her DIN around 3.5, and if 92 lbs the DIN goes up to over 4, so I guess I should be looking for bindings that are 2-7? Is that an adult binding? Or are there adult 2-7 bindings and kid 2-7 bindings?

https://www.corbetts.com/2022-marker...-ski-bindings/

that’s a cheap cross over jr/adult

I never remember anyone having so much drama over figuring out the jr boots are smaller overall than adult boots and that they only work properly with jr bindings.

must be one hell of a lawyer
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I never remember anyone having so much drama over figuring out the jr boots are smaller overall than adult boots and that they only work properly with jr bindings.

That's not OCD, ITS LOVE

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I’ve got a small Marker Baron for sale $100 plus shipping

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

Not feeling that at all.

Most people don't even know to ask about this. So they don't.

This is why this forum exists.

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

I never said it wasn’t a legit question

but it’s also not that hard to figure out

🤷🏻

carry on

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Not feeling that at all.

Most people don't even know to ask about this. So they don't.

This is why this forum exists.
    He only posted that because it's me, it's a personal thing. Mikey holds a grudge against me for a post I made a year and a half ago, and loves to take shots at me because of it. I have him on ignore so I don't normally see them.

>🧠

You are so weird. I have worked for non profits and public interest organizations and the government for almost 30 years. I don't own a home. I have very little net worth. I drive a 16 year old car. Yet, on a forum filled with actual wealthy people, driving Audis and taking expensive vacations and having second homes, you've pegged me as particularly deserving of derision as "wealthy" and a "1%er". It's really strange. But whatever. I'll keep living my lavish lifestyle, trying to afford my kid's ski racing by seeking out deals on skis and gear, and you keep taking shots at me. Deal?

thank you for confirming

$>🧠