Page 147 of 181 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4514
    ^^prices dropped on the gear posted above. please pm rather than posting here if interested.

looking for some 140-145cm Slalom race skis for next season
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Maybe the wrong thread but here it goes. When is the time to size up on skis for a little kid? Daughter has spent the past two seasons on 70 cm skis and has progressed nicely. She is average sized and will be 4/5 during the season. Is it time for an 80 cm ski? If anybody is holding I would be interested. Mom’s preference would be a girls ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my just turned 4 yo on 80cm at the end of the season. He did fine. 70cm were getting squirrely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver iz ze money LePowski? View Post
    Maybe the wrong thread but here it goes. When is the time to size up on skis for a little kid? Daughter has spent the past two seasons on 70 cm skis and has progressed nicely. She is average sized and will be 4/5 during the season. Is it time for an 80 cm ski? If anybody is holding I would be interested. Mom’s preference would be a girls ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My daughter was 4 last year and did great on her brothers old 90cm ski. She's a bit big for her age though.

Looking for new skis for the 9yo, he outgrew his 110cm Rossi's from last year. Solid upper intermediate , prefers ungroomed terrain , think 52 inches tall ballpark. Anyone holding?

Looking for 120cm ski for 6yo for ungroomed (east coast pow/crud/hits.) Something accessible that will go fast. Already has 60mm waist race skiis that will be good for team ice but not so much for above.

Tyx!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 09-07-2022 at 06:34 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

[SOLD]

Selling a full Burley double setup. Great condition - kids are older now and we don’t need it:
    - D’lite double bike trailer (paid $650)
    - Single wheel stroller accessory (paid $100) - for walking/running
    - Wee ski accessory (paid $200) - great for skate ski or meadow skipping

All of it: $350 mag price
    Trailer: $250
    Stroller accessory: $50
    Ski accessory: $100

Local pickup in Boulder, CO only for all of it. Will ship accessories at buyer cost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9832.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	424846

Name:	IMG_9835.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	424847

Name:	IMG_9834.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	424848
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 08-28-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Spyder kids jacket size 4. Two seasons of use, super warm, no rips, tears or stains. Nearly new. $40 shipped flat rate to US zips.
    Attachment 412559
    Attachment 412560
    Attachment 412561
    Still for sale. Price dropped.
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 09-01-2022 at 03:45 PM.

I've got a fully-equipped 2 seat Chariot trailer with the ski, bike, and jogging attachments for sale.

$300 maggot price.

Located in Park City/SLC.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

That's a smoking deal.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

X-Post with kid's stoke thread: I know that there's plenty of ski race parents in here, so... looking for advice on ski lengths for my kiddo. She's a second year U12 in age class, but is pretty back of the pack in that group (meaning she's obviously a good racer because it's age class, but she and I both know she's not the next Mikaela so her gear doesn't have to be perfect). I have googled but the results are not consistent.

She needs new SL and GS skis for this year, and has grown a bit, and me not being an alpine skier or a racer has me a little stumped on sizing. How would y'all measure for her? Last year's skis were 130SL, 135GS, 130 free skis (Gotamas).

She's 4'9", and 87lbs without any ski clothes or gear or boots on.

Should I be bumping each of those up by 5cm? More (or should the difference in sizing be more like 10cm)? Can she squeeze another season out of the Gots as a free ski she hardly ever uses? Thoughts?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I bought 142 SL and 150 GS this year for my 12 yo daughter. Will reuse same binders. Not completely sure if she will bump up to them right away or not...so the 136 and 143 not available. She is like 93 lbs and 5 2. 148 Mantra for freeride, they were new for Beartooth 14 months ago. they are probably going to be on the short side this year but we have some 150 something Nordicas in the basement.

I'd say what you have now is definitely too short. Tough call on the 136 vs 142, for us and a lot of girls the 136SL is probably going to end up being a one season size...2nd year U12 being it for us.

Also we will be first season U14 this year, so a year ahead of you.

Fyi...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14457214002...mis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14457214043...mis&media=COPY

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I can't afford that. $230 w/o bindings, then add bindings, and mounting, and multiply that by 2. Way out of my price range. But there are always skis sold by other parents, I just need some idea of what I should be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    X-Post with kid's stoke thread: I know that there's plenty of ski race parents in here, so... looking for advice on ski lengths for my kiddo. She's a second year U12 in age class, but is pretty back of the pack in that group (meaning she's obviously a good racer because it's age class, but she and I both know she's not the next Mikaela so her gear doesn't have to be perfect). I have googled but the results are not consistent.

She needs new SL and GS skis for this year, and has grown a bit, and me not being an alpine skier or a racer has me a little stumped on sizing. How would y'all measure for her? Last year's skis were 130SL, 135GS, 130 free skis (Gotamas).

She's 4'9", and 87lbs without any ski clothes or gear or boots on.

Should I be bumping each of those up by 5cm? More (or should the difference in sizing be more like 10cm)? Can she squeeze another season out of the Gots as a free ski she hardly ever uses? Thoughts?
    She probably *can* squeeze another season of of the Gots, but if you think they might be short, I'd be looking for a used pair of 140s to have on hand when needed. As a coach, I've seen a lot of racers on poorly sized free skis because the parents ran out of budget buying race skis, and it does make a difference in how fun it is to ski pow and other soft surfaces.

On the race ski front, the first person I'd recommend asking is her coach from last year and the second would be the lead coach for her program at that age class. The third would be the coach she'll be working with this year, if different.

If I had to guess, +10cm for each event, but that is strictly a guess.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I can't afford that. $230 w/o bindings, then add bindings, and mounting, and multiply that by 2. Way out of my price range. But there are always skis sold by other parents, I just need some idea of what I should be looking at.
    Understood. I bought binders once and just move them over to her bigger skis. There is no mounting, just screw them in to the plates. Takes 2 minutes.

Top of her head is even with the tip of the Rallybird. She measured 5 1.5.

148 Mantra 136 SL 143 GSJ(non compliant) 142 SL 150 GS.

I went and dug the 154 Nordica Fuels.out of the basement. Fresh grind. Were my stepsons and they rip, awesome groomer zoomer for kids. Maybe this year! She is getting close...

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post

On the race ski front, the first person I'd recommend asking is her coach from last year and the second would be the lead coach for her program at that age class. The third would be the coach she'll be working with this year, if different.
    [Mention]Danno [/Mention], Good advice right there ^^.

Speak to coaches who know your kid. Part of what you’re paying them for is help to get your kids on the right gear.

FWIW my recollection is my girls were on 138 SL and 158 GS as 2nd yr u12s. If your gal was on the short end for GS ski last year be wary of jumping to much.

Rossi/Dynastar catalogs have some generic length recommendations in them, I think Atomic does too - I can send you a link if you can’t find them
    Last edited by dcpnz; 08-28-2022 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Rossi/Dynastar catalogs have some generic length recommendations in them, I think Atomic does too - I can send you a link if you can’t find them
    I poked around Rossi website and the only length recommendation I found was generic to "kids", not specific to race discipline (ie, the recommendation was the same length for any kid ski). If you have links to something different, yeah, I will check them out.

And I will definitely be emailing her coaches for advice.

If you have links to something different, yeah, I will check them out.

And I will definitely be emailing her coaches for advice.
    This years Rossi race catalog.

https://issuu.com/professionalsport/...e_katalog_2223

Last years atomic

https://issuu.com/professionalsport/...logue_21_22_v3

General recomendations are near the back in both.

I think the Rossi junior skis changed nominally i.e. 151 became a 150 or something like that but nothing significant.

Make sure to discuss appropriate boot flex as well as ski length with coaches too.

Shortest things I’ve got left are a 146 SL and a 170 GS both of which too much for your kid I think.

PSA

$17 tyrolia peak 4.5 bindings for the kiddos.

https://www.the-house.com/ss013411zz...a-ski-bindings

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

FS: Boy's Patagonia Snowshot Jacket

Size M (10)

Used, shows some signs - see pics, has plenty of life yet. And if you bust a zipper, get it replaced for free by Patagucci!
    Always washed in Nikwax and just did my fall water proofing with Nikwax wash in before realizing its too small for the little lad.

$60 shipped
    Name:  Snowshot1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  120.6 KB
    Name:  Snowshot2.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  97.5 KB
    Name:  Snowshot3.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  116.1 KB
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

[QUOTE=Dhiler17;6681479]PSA

$17 tyrolia peak 4.5 bindings for the kiddos.

https://www.the-house.com/ss013411zz...a-ski-bindings

Sent from my iPhone using

Good tip however heads up not gw fwiw

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 09-08-2022 at 04:11 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB