Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111
Results 2,751 to 2,766 of 2766

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Searching for micro mini ski gear. Took the toddler year to the hill today and he is stoked. Looking for 60~ cm ski and 14.5 or 15.5 boots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Iím in the same boat. Obviously Dhiler17 has first dibs. Girls gear in my case.

Not really a gender divide at that size. Find something small and go for it.

I think I have a 16 boot if you canít find smaller.

Also looking for micro skis, <70 ish cm.

Thread crap do ask how do you know when the little guys need to size up in skis? My 6 yo is using his 90cm sticks that he got last year. Doing well on moderate blue terrain at this point at the most. When should he size up?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Thread crap do ask how do you know when the little guys need to size up in skis? My 6 yo is using his 90cm sticks that he got last year. Doing well on moderate blue terrain at this point at the most. When should he size up?
    Jumped my (large) 5.5 YO from 93s to 107s last weekend. I don't have any 100s in the hoard. Took him a couple of runs to get used to them. Now he's skiing the same stuff he was before, only significantly faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

My boy just turned 6, and he's been on 100 cm RTMs for the past year in the midwest. He skied on 90s for about a year before that. I just put him on 107 twin tips, and with a more centered mount, they still seem a little on the short side. Depending on mount point, I bet he would do just fine on 100s or even something a bit longer after a few runs. Just keep the 90s around for a little while to see which ones he grabs.

Donít be in a hurry to size up. I would wait until they can turn in terrain that dictates when and where they turn vs being able to turn wherever/ whenever. My .02
    "What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."

-Eugene Delacroix

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
    My boy just turned 6, and he's been on 100 cm RTMs for the past year in the midwest. He skied on 90s for about a year before that. I just put him on 107 twin tips, and with a more centered mount, they still seem a little on the short side. Depending on mount point, I bet he would do just fine on 100s or even something a bit longer after a few runs. Just keep the 90s around for a little while to see which ones he grabs.
    He hasn't complained ,just wondering if there is anything detrimental to staying with the 90cm this season

I upped my daughter from 90 to 112 this season (112 is spot-on based on her height) but she struggled on them so a month ago we went back to 90 and sheís skiing much more confidently. Ski the length your son feels good on.

What ever ski they have fun on is the right ski. Try them out, but let them decide.

My kid is 8 and a pretty strong skier riding blacks and doubles. He still resorts to a dynamic wedge / stem Christie when he is lazy, bored and/or starting a run in really steep terrain. He claims he does not know he he is doing this. He took a class last week and when I asked his instructor how to get him to stop she first said tie his knees together. She then said put him on longer skis. The longer the ski, the harder it is to wedge. I moved him from 127 twin tips to 130 race skis and he is wedging way less. And he is having blast cause he is going much faster (faster ski, fewer wedge turns).

Moral: of your kid is still relying on a wedge, keep them short. If they are carving, canít hurt to try them long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver iz ze money LePowski? View Post
    Iím in the same boat. Obviously Dhiler17 has first dibs. Girls gear in my case.
    Friend hooked it up with a 14.5 and tiny ski at the local shop. My needs have been filled. If youíre still hunting there was some micro gear on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Friend hooked it up with a 14.5 and tiny ski at the local shop. My needs have been filled. If youíre still hunting there was some micro gear on eBay

Right on. Thanks!

Got these but didnít use them. Brand new. Asking $50cad +shipping. Cheers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7709.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	319800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	704.5 KB 
ID:	319801

Free - Rossignol J Comp bindings - 0.75 - 4.5 DIN, with one extra brake assembly. Missing one screw for the toe piece, which I replaced with one that's close but not an exact match.

SOLD
    Last edited by dschane; 03-11-2020 at 04:05 PM.

I'm looking for a pair of beat up 90cm skis if anyone has anything laying around. Also size 17 boots, again any condition.

TIA

Looking for a pair of boots for my nephew, sounds like size 1 if we can get him to hike this spring before his feet grow again. Anyone unloading?