Page 35 of 181 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    I used these for my twins. They are about the only option at that age. Fairly easy to get on and, importantly for 1 year olds, quick to get off when the interest and fun fades.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums

True that!: "quick to get off when the interest and fun fades"

If all else fails, pick them up and ride the lift/snowmobile again, lol.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Perfect...now let's see if they start walking in time to use em.
    FYI, if you sign up for the Sierra Trading Post Deal Flyer, you will get a coupon that will save you more $$$. Also, if you have a "SmartPhone" you can get the app, apply the deal flyer discount and get free shipping! Do it. Do it.

Also, both my kids were walking at 12 months, but really, without help would not have been able to ski on their own without "hard shell" boots for support.
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

Some kids stuff cheap... in Boston area. PM me.

Kids Alpina 245mm (free):

Girls Salomon 23-23.5 276mm (free):

Big Girls Technica 274 ($50):

Skis... K2 140 cm and Rossi 146:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Wrong time of year, I know, but does anyone have any 70-80ish cm skis kicking around. My oldest hasn't outgrown his skis yet and it's time to get my middle kid on the hill this year (so much for my trickle down from oldest to youngest gear plan...). Looking to hook him up for his birthday. Thanks.

Overlap/ trickle down is never absolute. Frustrating ain't it? I've got a pair of little Rossi 'fun girl' skis in 100cm with 1-4 DIN clamps that need a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I know right?

I was just rummaging around in the garage looking for something appropriate too.

I also have some 100mm Rossi skis (boys graphic). I thought I had the 80's too but I can't find them. Might have been loaned by my wife. The Rossignol kid's ski thing is good because you can put the Comp Kid binding on successively longer skis. Owen had the same pair of bindings on the 65cm, 80cm, and 100cm from age 2 to 5.

I'll look again and ask the mama.

mutter mutter

mumble

grumble

wandering out to the garage again

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Yeah, my oldest is rocking some 80 cm Rossi's and they're pretty sweet, I'm actually kind of jealous of their rocker profile. I scooped up some older 100cm dynastars recently, but don't think kid 1 will be ready for them this season hence the need for a second set of 80s for kid 2. Hopefully the boots from kid 1 will fit kid 2 this year but who knows, the little bastids won't stop growing. Thanks for looking Mike.
    Last edited by PlayItLeo; 07-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.

I got used to it after a while, but I collected gear constantly for three young boys aged about 2.5 years apart starting at 3 years old. they're now 13, 15 and 18. There was never a single ski season in all those years in which I already had everything everyone needed. I always had to buy something new for someone at least once a season.

Yeah, I'm already figuring that's the way it's going to be for me, too. My three are all 20 months apart (the oldest will be 5 at the end of November), so I already qualify as a full blown masochist - might as well add copious gear purchases to the list... The good news is that in a few years I'll have a ton of gear to pass on to mags, but for now I'm in full blown hoarding mode.

^^^It's funny, I'm at the point now where I have lots of stuff I hoarded that needs to find homes. Mostly boots and outerwear.

planning for next race season

looking for GS race ski in the 120-130cm range for young Owen
    also looking for slalom skis, but I'd rather have GS if I can only find one or the other
    I think he can rock the GS in slalom gates ok if needed
    wouldn't mind a couple pair - 1 for training and 1 for racing

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Carpet View Post
    I do. Gotamas 138. I think 2010. Undrilled.
    Still have these? May be interested...
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Still have these? May be interested...
    Check your pm. REI has them pretty cheap.

Girl Spyder Suit and other stuff

Sacramento Area

Girls Itsy Bitsy Spyder Suit $35.00+shipping...fit my girls from Age 2-4.5 or so, growth stitching has been removed to make arms and legs longer. 3T/4T

Next up harness to teach your kid, ARC brand free...

Girls one piece long underwear, my kid called it a "Zippy", super warm says 2T...$5

Fleece and Black Turtle neck..Free

Essentially I am selling the Spyder suit...PM me

What skis would you recommend for a 2 year old! Anyone looking to sell anything?

^^^ don't know about other people's kids, but mine weren't really ready for real skis at 2. I'd say your best bet are some Lucky Bums type skis that you just strap on to regular snow boots so they can get the feel of sliding/clomping around on snow. I can't get rid of mine yet cause still need 'em for kid #3, but you can find 'em pretty cheap.

I had both of my kids on real skis, one before she turned 2, one just after. Those plastic skis with straps for snow boots seem like they would suck absolute balls. If you wouldn't want to ski them why make your kids ski them. I can't remember how long, or should I say short, the ones my girls were on were, we got them from a rental shop in Crested Butte.

It would mostly depend on how tall your kid is, I wouldn't go any longer then chin height though.

I should've been more clear before - for playing around in the backyard or at the base area of the local ski hill, the lucky bums are a pretty nice tool to get kids used to having skis on their feet. But if your kid is ready to really ski, GPP is right, they suck for that. Chin height or less sounds about right for real skis, but IIRC mini boots that fit a two year old are harder to find than mini skis.

I have a pair of lucky bums and a pair of 80cm Blizzards (no bindings). Say $20 for either, plus shipping. PM me if interested.

Lucky Bums suck for actual skiing but are decent at the base and for tooling around. We found 18 month old likes to be in snow boots and on the lucky bums. We even took him up the green lift a few times, which he loved. You basically ski down holding him by the harness between you legs and barely keep the skis on the ground. Not really skiing for him, but he got a sense of what the who thing was about.

By 20 months he was on proper skis. I got him a pair of 60cm. Still he was doing one or two runs a day. Still could not really walk in ski boots. Too heavy. We have two sets of 80cm, hence we can sell one.

I'm looking for some insulated ski pants in a kids size 7/8. Girly colors are better.

Thanks!
    Old's Cool.

Ottime, if snowshow doesn't want those 80cm blizzards I may want them. PM coming.

up for grabs
    Kids 4T Osh Kosh snowsuit. in pink of course. See pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0806.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	687.3 KB 
ID:	140613

Looking for a 5T, or xs kids snowsuit, jacket and pants for my daughter.

Located in Cottonwood Heights, Utah for pick up. otherwise pm me for shipping. should be pretty cheap.

cheers

CAT

PS I'll have more kids stuff as it gets closer to the ski season.
    Last edited by F#*k You Cat; 08-28-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    planning for next race season

looking for GS race ski in the 120-130cm range for young Owen
    also looking for slalom skis, but I'd rather have GS if I can only find one or the other
    I think he can rock the GS in slalom gates ok if needed
    wouldn't mind a couple pair - 1 for training and 1 for racing
    Bump this too

Before I get into what I have - I'm looking for a boys ski in the 130cm range, prefer something twin tip but open to what anyone might have. Flat or mounted.

Ok, here is what I have. Thinking $30 for each pair of boots, and $40 for the skis. Feel free to make an offer. Shipping is on you - I'm in the Denver area and can arrange face to face transaction as well. Everything is in good condition. Drop me a PM to get things rolling.

SOLD!
    Last edited by GeoMatt; 09-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Edit - ALL GONE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	287.1 KB 
ID:	140738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	140739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 3.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	306.4 KB 
ID:	140740  
    Last edited by Smoova; 09-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.