Page 135 of 140 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3478
  1. #3351
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I know this has been discussed recently, but wanted to poll the audience on ski length. My 5yo will be doing a weekly lesson program this winter. He's been on snow the past couple seasons but has only had one lesson previously and is pretty much limited to very basic speed control / wedging on extremely shallow pitches. Was previously on 70cm skis cause thats what I had, they were probably too big until last year. He's ~4ft, 45lbs. Should I go 80 or 90cm for his year? Leaning towards 80 based on what's already been discussed. thanks!
    Does your hill or local shop offer season rentals? I've found that's the way to go for the younger ones, e.g. if the skis isn't right or their feet grow during the season you can usually return and swap for other gear.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  2. #3352
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Does your hill or local shop offer season rentals? I've found that's the way to go for the younger ones, e.g. if the skis isn't right or their feet grow during the season you can usually return and swap for other gear.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    One of the shops actually offers free/super cheap rentals but we were late to the party and were all spoken for. I hadn't asked about swapping out sizing at the other shop, but with a younger sibling 2yrs behind, just having our own stuff seems easier in the long run. I actually have some freebie 100cm skis at the ready if the 5yo has a huge growth spurt (or for the following year), so I was just trying to figure if 80 or 90 made more sense for now. Sounds like 80 is the way to go.

  3. #3353
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    39
    There are quite a few informal shops out there that buy up rental/demo fleets and resell them, one local to me offers a 40% buyback credit when you size up with kids, at 100/pair that gets cheaper than seasonal rentals...

  4. #3354
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb0ldDad View Post
    My kids keep growing for some reason; it's time to try and clear out some gear.
    Prefer local pickup from the greater Puget Sound metroplex but will ship at your cost.
    Otherwise everything is being offered for free. PM for more details/pictures.

    Atomic Century 130 cm (106-80-106mm) with Marker 4.5 bindings mounted for 21.5
    Attachment 389145
    Would love to have the skis. I'm in the Puget Sound area.
    PM incoming.

  5. #3355
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    107
    These may be too long by the numbers but I can put a tape to them if you like. I have a pair of rossignol s90w 92 underfoot 150 cm. They seemed pretty forgiving. My wife only used them about a season. If you are interested let me know.

  6. #3356
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    39
    This place is fuckin' awesome.

  7. #3357
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by junglejim83 View Post
    These may be too long by the numbers but I can put a tape to them if you like. I have a pair of rossignol s90w 92 underfoot 150 cm. They seemed pretty forgiving. My wife only used them about a season. If you are interested let me know.
    Hey junglejim83 I might be interested in those Iíll send you a PM


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #3358
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    2,378
    No kids of my own, but as the designated fun ski uncle I'm hunting for something for a 140cm tall, 63#, strong beginner girl.
    Do they do actual fun, all-mtn skis for groms or is everything foam and disposable?

    Flat or with bindings, she has a 275mm BSL.

    Thanks.

  9. #3359
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    26,847
    The definitely do fun all mountain skis for groms. There may be some posted in here in that size, can't recall, but scroll back a few pages and see.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  10. #3360
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,661
    Looking for 110ish skis and boots with 230ish BSL. 18 Mondo I think? Or is it 19? I'll check later.

    Edit to add: I have some 90cm and 100cm skis with bindings as well as a couple pairs of little boots I'm holding onto for my younger boy. If you're local and an actual member of this community I'd be happy to loan them out for a season or two. I thought I had some 80cm skis too, but I can't find them at the moment.

  11. #3361
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    No kids of my own, but as the designated fun ski uncle I'm hunting for something for a 140cm tall, 63#, strong beginner girl.
    Do they do actual fun, all-mtn skis for groms or is everything foam and disposable?

    Flat or with bindings, she has a 275mm BSL.

    Thanks.
    check out the nordica enforcer S. 125-95-111, 15m radius. very legit ski/construction but the looks of them. I picked up some for my kids in ptex's end of season sale, looking forward to the kids getting them on snow soon.

  12. #3362
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,281
    I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. I went to get new boots for my kid who measures at 24 but the shop duder who I could tell was very green told me that a 25.5 (don't make 25s in this boot and I realize the shell size is the same) would be fine and would allow him to grow into them. My concern is that when I pulled out the liner he had at least 2 fingers of space between his heel and the back of the shell which seems quite excessive and I'm concerned there will be too much movement. I would love to be able to buy the boots (Tecnica Cochise Team DYN) in that size since it is a chunk of money for a kids boot and don't want to drop the coin all over again in a year if at all possible. Since he does some touring with me (had him on silvretta kid pures) am planning on mounting up an old pair of dynafit STs on some skis for him for a bc setup. So, I basically have the following 2 questions-
    1. Is a 25.5 too big or would you feel ok buying a size up for growing 14 year old?
    2. Any issues using a Grip Walk sole with an older Dynafit tech binding (pretty sure the answer is no but want to be 100% sure)?

  13. #3363
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    No kids of my own, but as the designated fun ski uncle I'm hunting for something for a 140cm tall, 63#, strong beginner girl.
    Do they do actual fun, all-mtn skis for groms or is everything foam and disposable?

    Flat or with bindings, she has a 275mm BSL.

    Thanks.
    Volkl mantra Jr are wood core and come in 140.
    I felt they were kind of heavy so my kid will be on black crowes Junius. They are on sale now. Foam core but hoping sturdy
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

  14. #3364
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    247
    I have a run of alpine and a few nordic boots to move along. All are used and serviceable, none are amazing.

    Alpine boots below are (L-R) 20.5, 19.5 18.5, 17.5, 16.5. Let's say $20 each plus shipping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	389564

    Nordic boots below (L-R) are 34 and 33. One of the plastic cuffs on the 33s has come unsewn from the boot. I'll include it if you like. How about $30 for both plus shipping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1454.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	389565

  15. #3365
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    14,780
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. I went to get new boots for my kid who measures at 24 but the shop duder who I could tell was very green told me that a 25.5 (don't make 25s in this boot and I realize the shell size is the same) would be fine and would allow him to grow into them. My concern is that when I pulled out the liner he had at least 2 fingers of space between his heel and the back of the shell which seems quite excessive and I'm concerned there will be too much movement. I would love to be able to buy the boots (Tecnica Cochise Team DYN) in that size since it is a chunk of money for a kids boot and don't want to drop the coin all over again in a year if at all possible. Since he does some touring with me (had him on silvretta kid pures) am planning on mounting up an old pair of dynafit STs on some skis for him for a bc setup. So, I basically have the following 2 questions-
    1. Is a 25.5 too big or would you feel ok buying a size up for growing 14 year old?
    2. Any issues using a Grip Walk sole with an older Dynafit tech binding (pretty sure the answer is no but want to be 100% sure)?
    I would never buy boots too big hoping the kid will grow into them. Proper fitting boots are the most important part of the package and thatís the one thing Iíve been buying new for my kid. Heís been using that same boot for a couple years. You can usually find last years model for $250-300 online. Just gotta suck it up in my opinion.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  16. #3366
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,661
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    I have a run of alpine and a few nordic boots to move along. All are used and serviceable, none are amazing.
    What's the BSL on the 19.5 boots? My kid has grown out of his 18.5s but the 19.5s I have are almost 2cm longer. Seems like a massive gap.

  17. #3367
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Masshole
    Posts
    667
    Looking for 139 or 149 cm skis for lower intermediate. She's currently on 2019 129 Shreditor 85s so some meat underfoot would be good.

  18. #3368
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,232
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    I have a run of alpine and a few nordic boots to move along. All are used and serviceable, none are amazing.

    Alpine boots below are (L-R) 20.5, 19.5 18.5, 17.5, 16.5. Let's say $20 each plus shipping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	389564

    Nordic boots below (L-R) are 34 and 33. One of the plastic cuffs on the 33s has come unsewn from the boot. I'll include it if you like. How about $30 for both plus shipping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1454.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	389565
    I'm potentially interested in the Nordic boots. PM incoming.

    Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

  19. #3369
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    1,034

    Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    What's the BSL on the 19.5 boots? My kid has grown out of his 18.5s but the 19.5s I have are almost 2cm longer. Seems like a massive gap.
    Iíve just been adding two insoles to fill volume in my kids too-big boots. Seems to work for them.

  20. #3370
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Looking for 110ish skis and boots with 230ish BSL. 18 Mondo I think? Or is it 19? I'll check later.

    Edit to add: I have some 90cm and 100cm skis with bindings as well as a couple pairs of little boots I'm holding onto for my younger boy. If you're local and an actual member of this community I'd be happy to loan them out for a season or two. I thought I had some 80cm skis too, but I can't find them at the moment.
    Think I have a pair or two of 112s in Winter Park that wonít get used this season. Can take stock next time Iím up there and shuttle gear back to Boulder, but may not be until Thanksgiving or so.

  21. #3371
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ammy View Post
    I have a run of alpine and a few nordic boots to move along. All are used and serviceable, none are amazing.

    Alpine boots below are (L-R) 20.5, 19.5 18.5, 17.5, 16.5. Let's say $20 each plus shipping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	389564

    Nordic boots below (L-R) are 34 and 33. One of the plastic cuffs on the 33s has come unsewn from the boot. I'll include it if you like. How about $30 for both plus shipping?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1454.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	389565
    18.5 and 19.5 are gone

  22. #3372
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,661
    Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Think I have a pair or two of 112s in Winter Park that wonít get used this season. Can take stock next time Iím up there and shuttle gear back to Boulder, but may not be until Thanksgiving or so.
    That would be great. I appreciate it.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  23. #3373
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    Looking for 139 or 149 cm skis for lower intermediate. She's currently on 2019 129 Shreditor 85s so some meat underfoot would be good.
    SOLD
    I have some K2 Pinnacles in a 139 (110/84/98). A little top sheet scuffing, bases are nice. Marker 7.0 bindings on size adjust tracks, perfect shape. Can figure out a price.
    SOLD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	389640  
    Last edited by oldblue; 10-20-2021 at 07:11 PM.

  24. #3374
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    I have some K2 Pinnacles in a 139 (110/84/98). A little top sheet scuffing, bases are nice. Marker 7.0 bindings on size adjust tracks, perfect shape. In CT so shipping should be easy. Can figure out a price.
    Want! Sending pm
    edit: I just realized you were responding to the other post, so I'm getting in line as they say.
    Last edited by jhyatt; 10-20-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

  25. #3375
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,152
    Those Pinnacles are good skis.

    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •