Page 20 of 181 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    I trying to get the neighbor kid rigged up and I gave most ofl my kids stuff away already. I've got every thing but binders locked up. DIN to 8 is more than enough. Skinny brakes would be fine. I'll put them back up here when done. Shipping and a sixer.

I have some nice 90cm Fischer Race with FJ4 bindings. they have a bit of sidecut and are a good first-ski (both of my kids' first ski). heel piece of the binding is on a demo-track so tons of adjustability.

I likely will have boots in a few weeks...but they're still in a box, and we're moving into a new house soon...so I'll be damned if I'm going to go dig 'em out.

say $40 plus shipping for the skis?

I could text/email you pics. but in all the years on tgr i'm still not really clear how to post pics. will not learn now.

PM me with your email address or digits and I'll send you pics.

Children's Skis. FREE, Pay for ship only, from 55105 (Minnesota) to wherever in the world you are. PM me of 651-964-5677
    Quote Originally Posted by splat,Huckin eh?, and Stroupskier, respectively
    Someone shoulda warned him that no matter how brutal winter or summer can be, a bad post on TGR can be almost impossible to weather once the shitstorm breaks loose.

Or worse, the "Shitnado"!

No, a shiticane.

I've go some nieces and nephews in St. Paul who could use those; if still available, let me know.

Currently Mountaingoat has first dibs on two of the skis, and someone else has local pickup on Rossi cuts. I will let you know if anything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat,Huckin eh?, and Stroupskier, respectively
    Someone shoulda warned him that no matter how brutal winter or summer can be, a bad post on TGR can be almost impossible to weather once the shitstorm breaks loose.

Or worse, the "Shitnado"!

No, a shiticane.

Kids snowboard boots, ski boots, snowboard, outerwear

I have some stuff I'd like to get rid of and need to find some as well.

Want to Buy size 6 snowboard boots and either small womens or large kids snowboard bindings.

Ski Boots:
    White/Red rear entry little ones: 234 BSL, $5 + Shipping.
    Blue Tecnica: 253 BSL, $5 + Shipping.

Snowboard Boots:
    Atlantis, all black, BOA lacing, have a liner. Used for one season. I highly recommend BOA lacing for the little guys. It's nice when they can put their own effin' boots on and tighten 'em: Size 3, $5 + Shipping.
    Burton Ruler Smalls, black w/ white accents, have a liner. Used for one season. These have a single pull lacing system. Not nearly as nice as the BOA but better than normal laces: Size 4, $25 + shipping.

Burton Chopper 125. Used for one season. Overall pretty good condition. Nice for the lil ones to learn on. It's got a bit of a concave (I think it has some rocker too) so it's harder to catch an edge. It's not new but there's nothing really wrong with it. One small ding in the base. Comes with badass diamond studs for a stomp pad. Thinking around $50 + Shipping or so but open to offers....

Orage 'Kermit' suit. Has some fading but this is some awesome stuff. It's insulated and the material is pretty burly. $50 + Shipping for the suit. It's definitely worth it.

I have another thread that has some men's small stuff that might be good for tweens: Here
    Smoke dope, jump rope, eat glass and kick ass...ROCK STEADY!

Time to get rid of some kids (girls/little lady) snowboard gear.

Boots first, then boards.

Girls/Womens Nitro Echo. Size 23.5 (us 6). These were worn maybe twice. They just didn't fit my daughter right so we ended up buying the Burtons. They are black and white with pink accents. $25 plus shipping or Bay Area/Tahoe pickup.

According to Evo's description:
    The Nitro Echo Snowboard Boot delivers freestyle precision without giving up comfort and warmth. ILS Liner Lacing eliminates heel lift in your liner and from the liner to the shell. SFX sole is super cushy and absorbs vibrations, so you can ride all day long without foot fatigue.

SFX C&B Sole:Molded rubber sole with cut and buff EVA midsole. Provides cush without sacrificing board feel
    TLS+ Lacing:Tired of lacing up your boots? TLS+ uses two closed loops to independently tighten upper and lower foot zones, then locks down tight. Ultra strong handles are easy on cold fingers then conveniently stow away
    Tech 2 Ultralight Thermacell Women’s Liner:Tech 2 Ultralight liner is molded from lightweight Thermacell material. Exceptional heel hold is guaranteed by a molded latex heel pocket and ILS lacing system
    ILS Liner Lacing:Internal lacing system is a harness that is permanently sewn into the boot shell so your ankle won’t slop, plus the whole liner is completely secure inside the shell. Integrated hooks can be used to tighten the shin area

Specs: Ability Level:Intermediate - Advanced

Thos boots are still available, these Burton boots are SOLD: Burton Speedzone Grom Size 6 Youth. In Plum/Camo (aka purple). From 2007. In good condition. Plenty of use, but laces are perfect. They still make this same boot only in different colors. I have both the stock insoles plus a well-used set of Surefoot insoles with them. $20 plus shipping or pick up in Bay Area or Tahoe

According to BC.com:
    The Burton Kids' Speed Zone Grom Boots give little freestyle rippers pro-level technology and a custom fit. These high-tech snowboarding boots feature Burton's Speed Zone lacing system, which will get your kid on the mountain in no time. Simply pull the lacing handle until the fit is just right—kids can do it themselves. From first chair until last run, these Grom Boots' heat-moldable liners and cushy EVA footbeds help your kid shred in comfort. *Available for US Shipment Only. - Fall 2009.

Bottom Line: The Burton Speed Zone Grom Boots lace up easily for just the right fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nitro Boots.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	101905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speed Grom.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	101906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nitro Box.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	297.1 KB 
ID:	101907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speedgrom box.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	101908  
    Last edited by Sinecure; 10-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

OK. Now the boards/bindings.

First up, Burton Ginger 130. Cute little board in good shape (with storage wax). You can see in the picture that my daughter put on some cheap paper stickers and I haven't gotten around to cleaning off the residue. I'll leave that to you. But you do get to keep the cool stomp pad and pink leash. Edit: No longer included are the small Flow bindings (pretty nice bindings for kids - super simple to use). This is a great little kids board. This one is from 06 or 07. $25 - plus ship or pick up. From :
    Burton made the Ginger Snowboard for girls who are ready to shred past the guys and take their riding to new heights. This snowboard has a forgiving flex and a twin directional shape to make it easy to turn and a blast to ride. With this girls'-specific snowboard, any grommette will go from snowflaking on the first day to carving turns at the end of the weekend. Burton constructed the Ginger with many of the same materials and features as Burton's high-end women's boards, such as a lightweight, poppy Super Fly wood core and a fast, easy-to-maintain base. The Ginger has a responsive and smooth feel that will enable girls to explore the mountain and progress quickly—watch out Hannah Teter.
    Edited to remove the bindings from the above Burton board.

Second is a Forum Aura 138. This is in good condition, but does have one or two gouges in the base. They'll mostly disappear with a base grind and the edges are in very good condition (near perfect, but need a tune). Comes with Technine MFM Pro bindings size S/M. These bindings are fine, but not great. You need to routinely check the screws to make sure they're all still attached. They are pretty, although they show some wear. $40 with bindings. Description I found online:
    The Aura's Mellow Shape And Forgiving Flex Pattern Make It A Fun, Easy-To-Ride Board That Will Keep Newbie Shreds Stoked From Dawn 'til Dusk. Whether It Is Your First Lesson Or Maiden Voyage Through The Park, The Aura Will Help You Climb Through The Ranks With Ease. And For Added Flair, The Aura Sparks Playful, Poppy, Highly Stylized Graphics From Renowned Designer Maiko Of Decoylab.com.

Waist - 229mm/Sidecut - 6700mm

Core: Compound Matrix
    Board Shape: Directional
    Core Profile: Directional
    Laminates: BI-AX
    Base: P-TEX 4000
    Flex: 3

Name:	Aura Stats.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	101909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ginger 130.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	605.7 KB 
ID:	101910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forum 138.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	709.5 KB 
ID:	101911  
    Last edited by Sinecure; 10-23-2011 at 10:15 AM.

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

So my little guy will be ~2 years old this winter. I would reallly like to get him out to get use to the feel of skis on his feet. Would you guys recommend the plastic ski route or trying to find a regular 65/70cm ski with boots?

What is the smallest ski boot made? Thanks in advance.

use the SEARCH function and ye will find INFORMATION
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by hbskisurf View Post
    So my little guy will be ~2 years old this winter. I would reallly like to get him out to get use to the feel of skis on his feet. Would you guys recommend the plastic ski route or trying to find a regular 65/70cm ski with boots?

What is the smallest ski boot made? Thanks in advance.
    The plastic skis with scales is a great way for kids to improve balance and the mobility they allow is somewhat 'empowering'.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10092011647 (1).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	257.6 KB 
ID:	101996Selling a couple other things my daughter has out grown...these mittens are Scott kids size Large, super warm, they zipper and velcro for nice tight fit, they are red despite the pic looking pink, no stains or tears...$10+shipping. Pants are army green Columbia Convert's youth size 8, super warm and comfy, in great shape, no stains or tears...$25+shipping.

Name:	10192011661.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	284.6 KB 
ID:	101997  
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

FS one pair used kids Look team 4 bindings (DIN .75-4.5) nice long adjustable heel track, $20 SHIPPED from 59718

Last edited by Lexi-Bell; 10-29-2011 at 02:09 PM.

I'm looking for a race suit for my 7 year old boy. Anyone want to get rid of one their kid has outgrown?

yo

got boots

now I need skis for a pair of 45# twins

anything 80-100cm and cheep

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    yo

got boots

now I need skis for a pair of 45# twins

anything 80-100cm and cheep
    I have a pair of 90cm's, atomic I think. I can post some picks if you want. I'd let you have them for beer money.

I'll take 'em - no pics needed.

Thanks!

Mike: If you make it up to Truckee, check the Sports Exchange. Or maybe give 'em a call. They often have a lot of starter skis.
    not counting days 2016-17

I know them well. I bought Owen's backcountry skis there. Hoping to score free or cheep ones here for some poor parents.

Not BAD parents, POOR parents.

Understood. Sometimes they have really cheap stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have anything shorter than a 129 these days.
    not counting days 2016-17

Anyone have a pair of those small plastic skis they'd be willing to part with?

if you are buying new, take a look at the wooden Lucky Bums' on SlideWright.

You can get a Maggot discount.

click the links in Alpinord's signature

I found this in the kids' closet today. Rossignol kids size 8 jacket. Pretty well insulated. It used to have a hood, but I have no idea where it is now. Kids wear helmets so hoods are useless anyway. It is baby blue and white. It shows some wear and dirt on the sleeves / white parts. But in great condition, warm and ready for the next little kid. Probably more suited to a girl or a boy who is comfortable with his masculinity.

Free for pick up or whatever cost of shipping is (call it $15).

Here are a couple pics of it on the floor in my living room and one action shot from a few years ago:

Name:	Syd Ride.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	102216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jacket2.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	927.1 KB 
ID:	102217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jacket1.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	102218  

-snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    if you are buying new, take a look at the wooden Lucky Bums' on SlideWright.

You can get a Maggot discount.

click the links in Alpinord's signature
    Thanks. If I don't find a used pair, I'll probably pick these up. The wood ones look really nice.

Helmets gone. thx
    Last edited by hooked; 01-02-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: gone