Page 14 of 181 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    So parents, has this thread helped you out a ton with getting the kids up and skiing?
    Hasn't helped get my kids up and skiing but it sure helped me clean out my garage! Thanks Buzz.

Looking to buy some jr demo binders.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Looking to buy some jr demo binders.
    I believe that I have both Look and Tyrolia, NIB, in my garage. Call me this evening if I haven't called you yet.
    not counting days 2016-17

Coool, looks like the tyke will be hitting it this weekend on his new Gots.

call you later, Dad.

(and my first reaction was: of course you do )
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Have some 67cm Rossi Princess skis with fish scale bases. White with pink & purple flourishes. Great shape considering the duty they served. They helped my two girls get comfortable on the snow and are looking for a new home. No binders. Also have some mondo size 14.5 rear entry Technica Racer boots. Blue, great shape. Same story: Help this stuff find a useful home. Trades preferred; otherwise free for the taking. Local Denver deals very much preferred. PM me if interested.

^^those are great skis^^

the scales are awesome
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Got a pair of junior skis with junior bindings. Head XRC 147cm. They're in great condition. Located in Whistler. Free if you cover shipping. Send a PM if you're interested.

Had a craigslist ad up from before which has pics:

http://whistler.en.craigslist.ca/spo/2094177795.html

EDIT: Skis are gone.
    Last edited by Jacolac; 12-18-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Wondering what most people do for the very first season. My little guy is 20months, big feet - about size 8 which is mondo point size 15. Planning to do a little toodling around in the springtime and some backyard stuff before then if it snows in Vancouver.

My question - is it a waste of time to go with the 40$ plastic skis from Mountain Coop? I figure that the cheap plastic ones might be a good place to start for this year - he'll barely be 2 yrs so I have no plans to overdo it. Also if there is anyone with old gear kicking around in the Vancouver area (for really little ones) let me know.

jimmy

the plastic, strap-on skis are great to start with - we did that with our son at 16 months - those 67cm Rossi skis that ienjoydrinking beer has are the next step - get both and get boots - you'll be glad you did when your kid is ready to move up - it's only December - it's a long season and your kid will probably get better - ours (now 4.5 years) went from the plastic skis to real skis in 2-3 months - he still uses the plastic jobbers for tooling around the compound when we get snow at the house

ski the babies!

PM Sent on little Rossi's and 14.5 boots from drinkbeer

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    jimmy

the plastic, strap-on skis are great to start with - we did that with our son at 16 months - those 67cm Rossi skis that ienjoydrinking beer has are the next step - get both and get boots - you'll be glad you did when your kid is ready to move up - it's only December - it's a long season and your kid will probably get better - ours (now 4.5 years) went from the plastic skis to real skis in 2-3 months - he still uses the plastic jobbers for tooling around the compound when we get snow at the house

ski the babies!
    Ditto, my kid loved hers and she got out a lot on them. Helped her balance on skis. Plus they are fun for the kid, gets em used to having things on your feet and sliding.

Buzzworthy and Telemike
    Its worth starting with the plastic ones then! I'll pick some up for the holidays. Thanks a bunch.

Got some red Rossi 18.5 rear entry's in good shape...

Preference to PDX mags, those I've done business with or long time mags...

have 11 year old daughter in need of your jacket.

first-timer, if you recieve this message, i am looking for the 12 year olds blue /white ob. jacket. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyawesome View Post
    Buzzworthy and Telemike
    Its worth starting with the plastic ones then! I'll pick some up for the holidays. Thanks a bunch.
    If you are looking for something even cooler, check out the toddler skis on SlideWright. Same concept and same binding, but a great looking wooden ski. I'm not big on the holidays, but I know what mommy's like, and these skis would make Owen's mommy happy. 70cm = $60.

Quote Originally Posted by highuinta View Post
    first-timer, if you recieve this message, i am looking for the 12 year olds blue /white ob. jacket. thanks
    I have plenty of this kind of stuff. Not sure I can do obermeier and blue and white, but if you need a cheap kids' jacket and are a little less picky.....

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    If you are looking for something even cooler, check out the toddler skis on SlideWright. Same concept and same binding, but a great looking wooden ski. I'm not big on the holidays, but I know what mommy's like, and these skis would make Owen's mommy happy. 70cm = $60.

Those look way nicer than the MEC PBA version.
    Last edited by jimmyawesome; 12-18-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: missed end quote

FS: Pair of twins 130cm Solomon Fish. Used maybe two seasons with marker holes. - GONE
    Last edited by Tuckerman; 12-27-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

WTB: KIds Boots

I am looking for kids boots Mondo 19.5 and 18.5...Thanks in advance!

Great idea, Buzz. I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread.

Gonna take my 3 year old out this Spring. I'd like to see what I can put together before then. Particularly, I'd like to get her used to the boots well in advance of actually going.

Anybody got some tiny boots (toddler 8-9) they want to share/sell/donate? I'm also interested in skis/bindings and poles.

Edit: And, if I'm moving too fast with "real" boots and skis for a 3-4 year old, I'd appreciate any advice on a better solution.

some friends just gave me a couple of pairs of small skis to pass on - both are free + shipping

1. some older, beat up 70cm Fischers w/ Salomon binders - I do not know the history, but these have clearly been several kids' first skis - perfect for a toddler - bindings adjust to fit multiple size boots - gone to bagtagley

2. a bit newer 90cm Salomon Crossmax jr skis and binders - well used, but in good condition - GONE to jimmyawesome

happy to pass these on to some future Mags - have fun kids - ski fast, take chances
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 12-23-2010 at 08:25 PM.

PM sent on the Crossmax.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Great idea, Buzz. I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread.

Gonna take my 3 year old out this Spring. I'd like to see what I can put together before then. Particularly, I'd like to get her used to the boots well in advance of actually going.

Anybody got some tiny boots (toddler 8-9) they want to share/sell/donate? I'm also interested in skis/bindings and poles.

Edit: And, if I'm moving too fast with "real" boots and skis for a 3-4 year old, I'd appreciate any advice on a better solution.
    By 4 my daughter was in real boots and real skis.
    Before that I did the plastic skis with regular boots around the yard and parks. Dog loved to chase her and she loved to ski away from doggers.

The mags are such a cool group. This is a great thread. Will be back if my nephew takes up the sport. We are going to get lessons and have him try it this season. Carry on the spirit
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)