Page 6 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks for coming out of the shadows with such a great first post.

Welcome aboard!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Anyone have a kids' race suit suitable for a 4'6" nine-year-old?
    not counting days 2016-17

Struggling Racer Needs Some Help

Hey Guys,
    I'm new here but have been reading forms and stuff on here for a while. So here's the deal I just started racing. I'm a good skier but don't have the gear I need to do well. Anyways I'm just wondering if anyone has any skis (170ish for GS and 150ish for SL) or GS suit (M or L) that they'd be willing to part with? I can pay something for them but I don't have a lot of money to spend on ski stuff.
    Thanks a lot
    Max

Edit: Thanks weasel1 for hooking me up with a GS suit
    Last edited by MaxKc; 02-06-2010 at 09:10 PM.

I have a pair of 27.5 rossi boots that are 4-5 years old. I wear a size 9 and there is a little to much room for my liking. A soft-medium flex. $40?
    Also have some 161 rossi z5 not sure what to charge for these $150? Ill tune them up before i ship them.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Max: You might have better luck on epicski.com. It's not that folks here won't care, but few of us run gates. Good luck.
    not counting days 2016-17

I think he was letting the kid that posted above him know that he could help.

I now have two pairs of Atomic 110's that can go for $20 + ship. Got my kids new skis today.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Thanks for coming out of the shadows with such a great first post.
    Welcome aboard!
    Yes, stoked to see this thread brought out some lurkers!

And the way my kid is growing I am going to have a lot of stuff next season for a 4-5 year old girl!

Thanks..and Shipped.

Thanks Inspector, and Buzzworthy..It's nice to join in..

Shin-to-win-..Shipped this AM. Sending PM with tracking info..Hope it all works out for your little one..Just remember to pass 'em on when you're done with 'em..

Quote Originally Posted by crash&burn View Post
    Thanks Inspector, and Buzzworthy..It's nice to join in..

Shin-to-win-..Shipped this AM. Sending PM with tracking info..Hope it all works out for your little one..Just remember to pass 'em on when you're done with 'em..
    Welcome to the weirdest part of your life.

Where do you get your kids gloves? I was packing up my kids stuff for ski lessons tonight and she has only one pair that fit, and I have 2 kids. Any advice on where to get young kids gloves, ages 6-8? Ones that don't suck and leak after an hour in the PNWet would be nice. I'll end up at REI next week and pay full retail if I cant find a deal somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by edmoloco View Post
    Where do you get your kids gloves? I was packing up my kids stuff for ski lessons tonight and she has only one pair that fit, and I have 2 kids. Any advice on where to get young kids gloves, ages 6-8? Ones that don't suck and leak after an hour in the PNWet would be nice. I'll end up at REI next week and pay full retail if I cant find a deal somewhere else.
    http://www.backcountry.com/store/gro...d-Mittens.html

Bump for an offer...these things aren't getting used here...
    seriously...shipping and a couple sam smith stouts is an offer...get it?

Also I believe we may have a set of 18.5's gotta look around...

"
    FS: Rossi 17.5 kids boots
    Purchased new, used 6 times last year.

Make an offer...
    Attached Thumbnails

"

Helldawg Guest
    I have a Carrera XS kids helmet, good for a real little one like 18 mo- 2.5 y.o., and a pair of tiny goggles. Free to a good home, you pay shipping.

And for sale, a Kid-Ski setup with the tiny skis with the edgie-wedgie tip connector, and bindings that go on a regular kids snow boot, and the pole that they hang on to while you drag them around. About $50 takes it all.

http://www.snowshack.com/zoom.asp?edpZ=71713

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKc View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new here but have been reading forms and stuff on here for a while. So here's the deal I'm 15 and I just started racing. I'm a good skier but I'm consistently getting 2 or 3 seconds behind most of my team. This is because I'm skiing on Blizzard CMX 9 IQ's which aren't good race skis at all. I live in a very rich area of NYS so pretty much my entire team has GS suits and 2 pairs of race skis, GS and SL, except for me. It really sucks having the ability to do well but not having the money to go and buy the gear I need to start placing. Anyways I'm just wondering if anyone has any skis (170ish for GS and 150ish for SL) or GS suit (M or L) that they'd be willing to part with? I can pay something for them but our family just doesn't have a lot of extra money. It would be great if some people could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks a lot
    Max
    Max, good for you for racing. I hope you do well. I have coached youth sports for a long time, and I am familiar with the pressures of "gear competition" (for lack of a better term). A thing I have always said to kids who look at their lacrosse stick like it dropped the ball, or a skier who looks to their equipment as the reason for their lack of success is; "It ain't the arrow, It's the Indian". You can beat those rich, well equipped skiers on twin tips if you work hard enough and really have talent. Most HS race courses aren't really "speed" courses. Keep your gear well tuned, and if you are 2 seconds off the leaders don't expect a GS suit or this years Fischers to close the gap. I really do feel for you Max, but just beat em anyway.

i am looking for a set up for a 17 month old, not picky....if anyone has full or partial set, pm me.... doesn't need to be free either, i would glady pay for a decent set up. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKc View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new here but have been reading forms and stuff on here for a while. So here's the deal I'm 15 and I just started racing. I'm a good skier but I'm consistently getting 2 or 3 seconds behind most of my team. This is because I'm skiing on Blizzard CMX 9 IQ's which aren't good race skis at all. I live in a very rich area of NYS so pretty much my entire team has GS suits and 2 pairs of race skis, GS and SL, except for me. It really sucks having the ability to do well but not having the money to go and buy the gear I need to start placing. Anyways I'm just wondering if anyone has any skis (170ish for GS and 150ish for SL) or GS suit (M or L) that they'd be willing to part with? I can pay something for them but our family just doesn't have a lot of extra money. It would be great if some people could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks a lot
    Max
    Max, If I had any gear that would work for you, it would be yours, but there is an important lesson to be learned for you here. You're 15, which means you can mow lawns, shovel snow, get a paper route or even get a part time job. Quit blaming your gear or your lack of parents money for your results. You want to finish better, go make it happen! Good luck!

I am still on the hunt for some 60-70cm skis for my two year old!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Just wanted top give props to Crash&Burn, Dewam, and Cooltsi for hooking my kids up with gear this season. My basement is starting to look like a rental shop as I fill in every size of ski and boot to outfit four kids under 10. I promise that stuff WILL get passed back to the collecrive . . . but it might take a while as the youngest just turned 1.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

i agree, this is a really super thread. got myself a new addict- had to pull him off the bunny hill even though it was like 3 degrees F. looking for a pair of 19.5 boots and 90 to 100 skis. i am in the east. will pass them on after next season.

I am in need of a helmet and goggles for a 3.5 year old Grom ripper. He loves going fast and is going to need a helmet, but I know it will only fit for a short time. PM if there's one kicking around out there.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    i agree, this is a really super thread. got myself a new addict- had to pull him off the bunny hill even though it was like 3 degrees F. looking for a pair of 19.5 boots and 90 to 100 skis. i am in the east. will pass them on after next season.
    See my post further up on the page.

I've got a pair of white and black kids smith goggles with some scuffing on the lenses but seem to be totally useable. Free to good mag.
    PM me if you want 'em or want pics.

I"ll take the helmet,
    I'll drop you a pm for shipping funds exchange

K

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Alright here we go -

1pr Rossi R17 16.5 boots - 1 buckle, a little beat up but have plenty of life in them = free + ship

2 pr Alpina Discovery J2 18.5 - $20 + ship - both 2 buckle in great shape with the usual kid scuffs and nicks

1 pr Alpina Discovery J2 19.5 - just about as good condition as used kids boots get, also 2 buckle - $20 + ship

1 pr Head Mad Trix Team 97cm - in great shape $20 + ship w/o bindings, $50 w/ Tyrolia .75-4din jr demo bindings already mounted. These were originally mounted for the little boots and the toe was remounted for the Alpinas.

2 Manhattan Cruiser Cotton Candy 16" bikes. Basically look just like these - http://www.manhattancruisers.com/10_cotton.htm minus fenders and chainguards (they got trashed learning to mt bike) - Beer + ship.

2 Marin Hidden Canyon 20" 14 speed mt bikes $100 each + ship. See thumbnails for pics of these. Both in really good shape, maintained by yours truly for max kid enjoyment. I mean, really, how badly beat up could they be when they were used by two little cuties like them

I would put up pics but I lost the battery charger for my camera and Olympus doesn't sell the one I need anymore.
    Got a pic of those 97 skis?

If anyone has 90-100 size shaped skis I would be up for it for my 5 year old. I got her 110's and they are too big, and she is getting good, so I am hoping for something that teaches her to turn with good edges. I am willing to pay and am looking for something with bindings.

Thanks! I am mad I bought all this stuff this year before finding this great site!