Page 130 of 181 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4515
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Any Jr racers / ripper parents out there in need of race skis? I have a boatload of FIS SLs / GS skis that are being turned loose shortly. LMK.
    Yes, maybe looking for women's fis sl (157/ 11or12m). Not sure if my kid is going run the tweener 152 again or step it up.
    Sticking with the tweener 182/25m gs - fis radius too long for now.

Anyone in pugetopolis looking to sell an all-mountain powder type ski in the 147-157 range? Looking for my oldest.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Yes, maybe looking for women's fis sl (157/ 11or12m). Not sure if my kid is going run the tweener 152 again or step it up.
    Sticking with the tweener 182/25m gs - fis radius too long for now.
    Could be your huckleberry. I've got new / used 158 SLs & 181/25m ; bindings & a 155 consumer SL that could be a great split from tweener to FIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes. I'm no expert at figuring out length and stuff. But my kiddo has a pair of 130 SL race skis. I was told they were a wee bit long for her last season so probably spot on for this year. She needs some GS skis, though, those should be a little longer, no? She's about 53 or 54 inches tall right now. She's a lightweight so needs kids bindings. Anything?
    not at this size ; more 155-185 ish range

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Any Jr racers / ripper parents out there in need of race skis? I have a boatload of FIS SLs / GS skis that are being turned loose shortly. LMK.
    Quite possibly. I’ll send you a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

Make an offer. Brand new holt junior. Size medium. 53 to 58 cm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1630258316.837177.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	383906

Will trade for a full ear race style helmet that would fit a 53 cm head.

i'm looking for a kids xs ski jacket (pata, stio, etc) and a 100 - 110'ish ski w/ binders. boise or teton valley best but will ship too. thanks!

I’ve got a pair of Fischer 145 RC4 GS skis I’ll sell. My kid ran em 6 times last year plus another 4 practice days. Great shape. 125.00

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I’ve got a pair of Fischer 145 RC4 GS skis I’ll sell. My kid ran em 6 times last year plus another 4 practice days. Great shape. 125.00

Hit up juscuz

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Also, I will likely post a pair of 120 Moment Carsons up for sale soon, she needs a longer all mountain ski too.
    I may be interested. Been in contact w Optics on a pair too but not sure on the length he’s holding. These would be for a future season though so no interest in jumping ahead of someone w a more immediate need. I think my oldest will be on ~105s+ this season. Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Any 70-80cm full setups out there?
    70cm available here. PM if willing to cover shipping. Not sure what it would cost but probably not much more than $20. Hope all is well, Nate. Girls are 5 and 7 here. This upcoming season will be my first season that they will both ski fully unassisted. Woot.
    Uno mas

ISO 6M-12M for my girl

- Kids Puffer
    - other cold weather stuff for playing in the snow
    - insulated sleep sack would be nice for fall camping.

What cha got.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    ISO 6M-12M for my girl

What cha got.
    I'm not holding, but keep in mind that you can put the kid in ski gear to sleep and then put them in a regular sleep sack. We followed that path for fall camping to good effect.

ISO 6M-12M for my girl

- Kids Puffer

What cha got.

Thanks

I'll check. My wife may have pass it on already.

ISO- kids all Mtn skis...145-150 and 90 underfoot

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    I'm not holding, but keep in mind that you can put the kid in ski gear to sleep and then put them in a regular sleep sack. We followed that path for fall camping to good effect.
    Brilliant!! What’s the consensus on hoods on the kiddo while she is in the sleep sack?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'll check. My wife may have pass it on already.
    Thanks much appreciated regardless what you find out!

ISO 6M-12M for my girl

- Kids Puffer

What cha got.

Thanks

I have Patagonia 24M insulated H2No bibs (red/pink), Patagonia 12M down jacket (orange), Kickee Pants 18-24M Union suit (red plaid), Hanna Andersson 24M insulated bibs (rainbow camo). All listed somewhere up thread from the spring/early summer. Still available. PM for pics.

Brilliant!! What’s the consensus on hoods on the kiddo while she is in the sleep sack?
    Our kids thrashed around like a bag of ferrets; hats seemed to stay on better.

September bump.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Not the right season but some winter gear FS. All pickup or ship from Boulder 80304.

[SOLD] Patagonia fleece sweater, size 3. Used by both my girls. $30 + ship.

[SOLD] Hanna Andersson bibs, size 2. Used one season, tear in left powder cuff. $30 + ship.
    Attachment 377047
    Attachment 377048
    Attachment 377049

[SOLD] Hanna Andersson bibs, size 3. Used 2 seasons, $20 + ship.

[SOLD] Kicky Pants union suit with drop seat, size 18-24 months, tear in right leg. $20 + ship.
    Attachment 377052
    Attachment 377053
    Attachment 377054
    Attachment 377055
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 11-30-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks much appreciated regardless what you find out!
    Our stuff is gone, unfortunately.

Best ski to be on while teaching kids to ski?

[Apologies in advance if this isn't the right thread to post this question]

For the parents that taught their [very] young children how to ski....what ski were you on while teaching them? Was it a good choice? Did you wish you were on something different? If so, what did you wish you were on?

I have a pair of Salomon Snowblade 99's that I was hellbent on selling just to make a bit more room in my garage, (and to give the next skibum kid something fun to be on for gaper day), but it just occurred to me that it might be a perfect ski for me to be on while teaching my young one when he's ready (he's only 11mo's and not walking yet).

Is this the dumbest thing I've ever considered? Or is it borderline genius?

Could be either. I went to the swap and bought some 170 twin tip park skis mounted center. It was perfect. Skinapenem is teaching his kids on em now.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post

For the parents that taught their [very] young children how to ski....what ski were you on while teaching them? Was it a good choice? Did you wish you were on something different? If so, what did you wish you were on?

I have a pair of Salomon Snowblade 99's that I was hellbent on selling just to make a bit more room in my garage, (and to give the next skibum kid something fun to be on for gaper day), but it just occurred to me that it might be a perfect ski for me to be on while teaching my young one when he's ready (he's only 11mo's and not walking yet).

It would probably be fine, but is it a releasable binding? You spend a lot of time walking around the magic carpet, so you'll want to be able to step in and out easily. But if you enjoy the ski, why the hell not?

I taught my kids on:

179 Public Enemies, alpine
    Tele version of 179 PEs
    188 Armada ARVTis
    168 Volkl 6 Stars
    Whatever big boy skis I happened to haul out if the Mrs. and I were switching off on a pow day (probably Motherships)

The old ski schooler adage was that your daily driver that you teach on should also be something you enjoy freeeskiing on and should also be your exam ski. Having a fatter/longer pow board in your quiver, a set of tele skis, or whatever is cool. But your free skiing turns should look like your turns when you give a lesson or take an exam. There's no need to get too cute with it. In that light, I wouldn't teach my kid on snowlerblades. Any sensible front side ski that performs decently on firm snow will do. Don't overthink it.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

I went back to tele to teach my kids. You're constantly bending over to help them and it also made greens and blues a whole lot more fun. You'd be surprised at how much untracked pow there is next to mellow runs on super busy days. Pretty fun on tele's.

The tele experiment ended when the kids started getting good/fast and I couldn't keep up to them anymore in bumps, trees, etc. Can't allow them to think they are better than you, not yet...

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I may be interested. Been in contact w Optics on a pair too but not sure on the length he’s holding. These would be for a future season though so no interest in jumping ahead of someone w a more immediate need. I think my oldest will be on ~105s+ this season. Pics?
    Mine are 136. Probably freeing up mid season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Mine are 136. Probably freeing up mid season this year.
    Oldest actually going to be on 112s this year. I could still be interested in 120s and 136s as I am not opposed to stacking for future seasons.
    Uno mas