Page 111 of 181 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 4506

Keep kids skiing pass it down thread...keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Searching for micro mini ski gear. Took the toddler year to the hill today and he is stoked. Looking for 60~ cm ski and 14.5 or 15.5 boots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m in the same boat. Obviously Dhiler17 has first dibs. Girls gear in my case.

Not really a gender divide at that size. Find something small and go for it.

I think I have a 16 boot if you can’t find smaller.

Also looking for micro skis, <70 ish cm.

Thread crap do ask how do you know when the little guys need to size up in skis? My 6 yo is using his 90cm sticks that he got last year. Doing well on moderate blue terrain at this point at the most. When should he size up?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Thread crap do ask how do you know when the little guys need to size up in skis? My 6 yo is using his 90cm sticks that he got last year. Doing well on moderate blue terrain at this point at the most. When should he size up?
    Jumped my (large) 5.5 YO from 93s to 107s last weekend. I don't have any 100s in the hoard. Took him a couple of runs to get used to them. Now he's skiing the same stuff he was before, only significantly faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

My boy just turned 6, and he's been on 100 cm RTMs for the past year in the midwest. He skied on 90s for about a year before that. I just put him on 107 twin tips, and with a more centered mount, they still seem a little on the short side. Depending on mount point, I bet he would do just fine on 100s or even something a bit longer after a few runs. Just keep the 90s around for a little while to see which ones he grabs.

Don’t be in a hurry to size up. I would wait until they can turn in terrain that dictates when and where they turn vs being able to turn wherever/ whenever. My .02
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
    My boy just turned 6, and he's been on 100 cm RTMs for the past year in the midwest. He skied on 90s for about a year before that. I just put him on 107 twin tips, and with a more centered mount, they still seem a little on the short side. Depending on mount point, I bet he would do just fine on 100s or even something a bit longer after a few runs. Just keep the 90s around for a little while to see which ones he grabs.
    He hasn't complained ,just wondering if there is anything detrimental to staying with the 90cm this season

I upped my daughter from 90 to 112 this season (112 is spot-on based on her height) but she struggled on them so a month ago we went back to 90 and she’s skiing much more confidently. Ski the length your son feels good on.

What ever ski they have fun on is the right ski. Try them out, but let them decide.

My kid is 8 and a pretty strong skier riding blacks and doubles. He still resorts to a dynamic wedge / stem Christie when he is lazy, bored and/or starting a run in really steep terrain. He claims he does not know he he is doing this. He took a class last week and when I asked his instructor how to get him to stop she first said tie his knees together. She then said put him on longer skis. The longer the ski, the harder it is to wedge. I moved him from 127 twin tips to 130 race skis and he is wedging way less. And he is having blast cause he is going much faster (faster ski, fewer wedge turns).

Moral: of your kid is still relying on a wedge, keep them short. If they are carving, can’t hurt to try them long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver iz ze money LePowski? View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Obviously Dhiler17 has first dibs. Girls gear in my case.
    Friend hooked it up with a 14.5 and tiny ski at the local shop. My needs have been filled. If you’re still hunting there was some micro gear on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Friend hooked it up with a 14.5 and tiny ski at the local shop. My needs have been filled. If you’re still hunting there was some micro gear on eBay

Right on. Thanks!

Got these but didn’t use them. Brand new. Asking $50cad +shipping. Cheers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7709.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	319800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	704.5 KB 
ID:	319801

Free - Rossignol J Comp bindings - 0.75 - 4.5 DIN, with one extra brake assembly. Missing one screw for the toe piece, which I replaced with one that's close but not an exact match.

SOLD
    Last edited by dschane; 03-11-2020 at 04:05 PM.

I'm looking for a pair of beat up 90cm skis if anyone has anything laying around. Also size 17 boots, again any condition.

TIA

Looking for a pair of boots for my nephew, sounds like size 1 if we can get him to hike this spring before his feet grow again. Anyone unloading?

Free to a knuckle dragging youth in need..2009 Burton Blunt 156W. Denver area pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Free to a knuckle dragging youth in need..2009 Burton Blunt 156W. Denver area pickup.
    Any chance it has bindings that you'd be willing to part with? They'd need to hold a size 4 boot so might be too big even if so (and assuming you'd separate)

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Any chance it has bindings that you'd be willing to part with? They'd need to hold a size 4 boot so might be too big even if so (and assuming you'd separate)
    Hey Rudy, no bindings on this one. They had to go to the scrap heap.

Hey guys, looking for some micro skis (80ish). Hoping someone is holding a pair. I’m in eastern PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotIrony View Post
    Hey guys, looking for some micro skis (80ish). Hoping someone is holding a pair. I’m in eastern PA.
    I've got a set of Elan 80s with bindings. Details are a ways back in this thread, but they are still available.

Hey all of you regulars in here with the kids, I live in JH and frequent the coupla thrift stores reguarly. I see a LOT of kids gear. I'd be willing to pick up then hook up mags. Thing is, I got no kids, spend too little time around them. So, I don't know what parents are looking for.
    What are always hard to find, first to go type things? Hard goods or soft?

The reason I bring this up is because yesterday i saw a pair of 90cm volkl tigersharks in 8.5/10 condition. W.fancy kid clamps to boot...$5.
    Almost bought those on principle.

If I can help, PM me.

^^^those would be picked up pretty quickly around here.

I would say hard goods. Especially small sizes. They are harder to come by. Small boots. Sub 18 Mondo are pretty hot.

Otherwise, once you get up to the 120cm range, most maggot kids are in real skis. Kind of like the kid version of what us adults would want. For instance, the Gotama or Manyra for the kiddos is a rocker, flat, rocker stiffer ski. Race skis are also popular.

The Walmart style ski - formless, forgiving, beginner, what ever skis will Sometimes fill a gap for folks, but most around here are not too interested in those skis.

That would be a sick service. Living away from a ski town it is harder finding decent used kids gear.

Thanks for the info, just what I needed to know. Unfortunately the mini sharks were gone when I went back but I'll be on it better now. Like to hook up the mini-mags...

Hey all. I've got a whole line of kids boots from maybe about 16 to 22 Mondo. I've been cleaning out my garage/ store space this summer and these boots will be going tot he 2nd hand sports shop in a few weeks. If anyone is interested in cheap boots, send me a PM.

Beer Money and Shipping.

Also have a pair of 90cm Atomic Race5(?) skis with maybe a day of use on them. Need to be creative with mounting, as the previous owner seemed to have drilled on heel tree times. Otherwise a great little ski. Bottoms are pristine. Beer money plus shipping.