Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Angry PLEASE DO NOT POST IN Mad Max's THREAD (LINK WITHIN)

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17004

Seriously guys.

EDIT BECAUSE MAX DELETED THE ORIGINAL THREAD:
    Max posted a thread in GearSwap entitled "PICTURES FOR EBAY PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD." It contained pictures and a product description of the Pocket Rockets he was selling. Exactly what Ebay provides for you when you sell something, but he decided to use TGR's server for that.

So, naturally, I made it my job to fill up the thread with the following crap, 1 per post. Then I posted THIS thread, with the link to Max's original thread. (Note: crashnburn'd felt it necessary to referree the entire incident by posting in Max's thread, urging me to stop posting. Heh.)

It was just for shits & giggles -- No need for all the drama -- Thanks for coming out.

Last edited by phUnk; 09-27-2004 at 10:01 AM.

hypocrite

thanks done

Yes, I've been hearing about those fucking skis for what seems like eternity....please fucking make it stop for fucks sake!!!!! Thanks.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    Yo Blurred:

I apologize. I couldn't think of a more attractive place to post pictures and descriptions. This is a much better image for ebay than the simple picture things they let you do. And it's free.

I swear, there will be beers for those of you who have (thus far, not in the future) posted in this thread and in mine, at the Summit provided that you just leave it alone. Please. That is all I ask.

Thanks very much.
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

Max, are you old enough to buy beer?
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

I assume you did the courteous thing and asked ONS or someone at TGR if it was OK to use their server to host your friggin' EBay pictures???

No.

I'm stupid.

I apologize, Owens. I apologize. The first post will be edited. It will no longer exist.

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

Ok i'm lost does anyone want to fill me in?

And Max how did you win these skis? Did you get LOTM or something?

Anyways seems pretty weak that KD went through alot of trouble to make sure you got them and your just turning around and selling them on ebay. You should at least throw them in Gear Swap or offer them cheap to a maggot to save yourself.

KD and I have a deal: for his hard work I owe him a pair of boards, not just good karma. How d'ya like DEM apples!

And I'm seriously not kidding about that.

This whole "spoiled brat" issue was a pretty big factor in my decision. I figured that they are my skis and I can do what I want with them. Provided that know one else knows about it (D'OH!).

(Cover your ears, Brett) I won LOTM for last November. This is how I got the skis, Sublime. DROPPED! DO NOT ASK AGAIN, IF YOU PLEASE.
    Last edited by Max Gosey; 09-26-2004 at 11:11 PM.

Max, let me know when you run out of red cordial at home, then and only then will I come back here to read about SKIING - damn it Max.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

phUnk, I deleted my thread, so do us all a courtesy and delete yours. Please. I am asking kindly.

I'll delete no thread before its time.

(Also, it's nobody's business what you do with your skis. They're your skis. Salomon gave them to Powder for free, and they passed them onto you for free. You're not going to offend your Aunt Mildy because she spent her entire savings on getting you these skis and now you're selling them. Learn to tell people to piss off.)

WTF Max? I have been backing you from the first day I registered on Powdermag.com. Don't make me look bad man. I'm not sure of the whole story because you deleted your post. Keep your skis!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

if max doesn't show up with pocket noodles at the summit, i'm breaking whatever he's skiing on.
    fine

Thumbs down

A bunch of bullshit, if you ask me. Everytime someone even mentions PR's, everyone on this board talks about how they're a pile of crap and how they're made to make trophy wives ski powder well, etc.

And now this guy wants to replace his with something better and he gets shit for it?

I'd do the same thing, Max. No doubt about it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I guess I'm not sure why he posted it in the first place..........
    A friend of mine bought a car from my dad for $1500..........
    he sold it one month later for $4000............
    we didn't tell the old man......even if he acted like he didn't care you know he would've liked the extra $2500......................

ya know what I mean?

edit for: on a side note I couldn't care less what he does with them
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

Bump for edits to original post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater

I'd do the same thing, Max. No doubt about it.
    including all the whining? including numerous posts about how he still hadn't received his skis after being given contacts at both powder and salomon? including the fact that you live in louisianna, have more hours behind a boat than on a mountain and best of all have blurred elevens backing you up?

pshaw, fer sure!
    fine

Hey Max

Keep the skis!!! You have gone on and on about getting your first pair of skis. I remember that some posts on powder, you were worried about getting these skis mounted on your next holiday, and you have gone on and on about getting these free boards. Guys on Powder have even offered to mount your skis during your next trip. These PR will be good to start your quiver. PR's are not that bad. They are good skis. You will regret if you sell these skis in the future. Just think, 20 years down the road, you can look at your first skis and think that you scored them for free from Powder. That would be cool. But, they are your skis, so do what you like.
    "A lack of planning and preparation on your part does not make it an emergency on my part."

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Preseason Drama => So Hot Right Now!

PS: Max, I'd keep the skis simply for the reason rossibandit mentioned.
    PSS: Love the Cheeto Pic, phUnk
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Good Karma: That is what those skis have - you won them for a letter to POWDER spewed out of your brain - you should keep them forever!

keep the noodles. You'll have fun

They're already up on Ebay, so you free-advice guys can ease up.

Max, Max, Max.. - PS why did you photograph only the BOTTOM HALF of the ski?