Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    To take the edge off busting Max's balls so much in the now-deleted thread, I bid twice on his PR's. Sadly, I was outbid instantly as $150 was as high as I was willing to go without seeing the tops of the skis.

i'm going to bid as high as possible, and then not pay.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109
    i'm going to bid as high as possible, and then not pay.
    you wouldn't want to make "bigmax4hotties" mad....or you'll be putting the lotion in the basket!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

"I won these brand new skis in a contest but have no use for them in Louisiana" http://www.mvhs.net/~kball/salomon/salomon.htm

Un-be-lievable.

edit: the fact that phUnk bid on Max's skis is by far the greatest thing I've ever seen.
    Last edited by dipstik; 09-27-2004 at 11:40 AM.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Save money and impress your friends with these brand new 2005 models!
    Dammit! If only I had some friends to impress I'd be a biddin' fool!
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap
    you wouldn't want to make "bigmax4hotties" mad....or you'll be putting the lotion in the basket!

ok, admittedly i ripped phunk's lotion post but THAT is some funny shit.
    scroll to "Buy DVD", very bottom of page http://bhandf.com/bhandf%202008/longform.htm I do not work for Bill, just dig his work.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. (It) is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. . .There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so. . .people won't feel insecure around you. . . -Williamson

Here's what I've got to say about all this bullshit...

"I smell varmint puntang."

Quote Originally Posted by Max Gosey
    Yo Blurred:

I apologize. I couldn't think of a more attractive place to post pictures and descriptions. This is a much better image for ebay than the simple picture things they let you do. And it's free.

I swear, there will be beers for those of you who have (thus far, not in the future) posted in this thread and in mine, at the Summit provided that you just leave it alone. Please. That is all I ask.

Thanks very much.
    ^

Out of all this shit, the name on ebay has to be the funniest. When I checked the ebay site, I almost died laughing!

"bigmax4hotties"
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Out of all this shit, the name on ebay has to be the funniest. When I checked the ebay site, I almost died laughing!

"bigmax4hotties"

it's also cool that he got the skis free from Powder and is using Powder's '05 buyer's guide comments to shill the skis: "Here's what Powder magazine had to say in their gear review for the 2005 season: "Perhaps the most ubiquitous ski in western North America at the moment, the Salomon Pocket Rocket loves soft snow, but not soft competition... The P.R. has managed to be a winner for skiers of a wide range of abilities--from seasoned pros such as C.R. Johnson and Mike Douglas to 50-something advanced intermediates who show up at Snowbird having never tried a fat ski before..."
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

phunk, you're in luck. another pair of PR's are going for $102.50. thought you'd want to know.
    scroll to "Buy DVD", very bottom of page http://bhandf.com/bhandf%202008/longform.htm I do not work for Bill, just dig his work.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. (It) is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. . .There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so. . .people won't feel insecure around you. . . -Williamson

If Max wasn't the one selling these skis he'd probably be asking us if he should bid on them.
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik
    "I won these brand new skis in a contest but have no use for them in Louisiana" http://www.mvhs.net/~kball/salomon/salomon.htm

Un-be-lievable.
    He found a new host for the pics.
    http://www.mvhs.net/~kball/

You've got to be kidding...
    http://www.mvhs.net/~kball/aboutme.html
    http://www.mvhs.net/~kball/credentials.html

http://www.mvhs.net/~kball/

Seldon? Is that you?

Max, if you don't want the skis did it ever cross your mind to offer them for sale here on the Gear Swap forum?

w t f?????
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    Max, if you don't want the skis did it ever cross your mind to offer them for sale here on the Gear Swap forum?
    Why? He'll get more money & less "robot chinstrap logo har har still funny after all these years durrrr" jokes on eBay.

I heart this thread so much. Bwhahahahah!
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    I am a bad person. There, I said it. Happy?

I figured I would get more money for them on ebay than on Gear Swap. I am trying to formulate a plan to buy two pairs of boards (making me spoiled and selfish and stupid, right? ) It was a hard decision, but money is what it came down to. I figured that if I (a fucking gaper) didn't have use for them, then why the hell would some haxor maggot want them? Especially when I can get more for them on ebay...

Thank you for jumpstarting the bidding phUnk (assuming you are not kidding... I haven't even checked the bid yet, that was my next stop). Whether or not it was a gesture of goodness, I thank you, sir.

And it may be ironic that I use Powder mag to help me sell the skis. If it's total exploitation, I'll take it off. Lord. My main mistake was asking advice on a topic that should have been left to me. I didn't know the story about karma and selling skis, so I asked you guys, and I'm sorry.

Tuffy, it would be most wonderful if you did not break my new skis. Thanks very much.

So go ahead and post all the Lindsey Lohan pictures you want. Let the preseason drama fly! (aka fuck this) I'll be waiting!

Oh, and for the record: there are more pictures on the webpage (more than just the bottom of the ski). I don't own a digicam and had to bum one from my reluctant neighbor in order to take the pics. It was a long, tedious, and pretty painful process since I was only allowed to take the remaining 5 available pictures. But who gives a rat's ass, right?!

And the designer of the webpage is another maggot whom I shall not specify. Thanks for the page, dude. You know who you are.

Oh and edit: I forgot that bigmax4hotties was my username while I was putting the item up. That was my user name for aol in like 7th grade. I have had ebay a long time. It was my mistake to keep this name. I apologize.

Now piss off! They're my fucking skis, and I'm selling them!
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    He'll get less "robot chinstrap logo har har still funny after all these years durrrr" jokes on eBay.
    That stuff's not funny anymore?

Jeebus! 'Bout time! Atta kid!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    That stuff's not funny anymore?
    For the record, I still laugh. Hard.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

i am ashamed that I just wasted 10 mins reading through all this crap....

max, they are your skis, do with them what you want. BUT, since you are a self described "Lousiana Gaper", I think you should consider keeping them. Regardless of what everyone here has to say about the PRs, they are a great fat ski for the majority of people out there. Esp. folks who haven't clued in and gone fat by now. You are going west for the first time to ski this season, right? you won these skis, right? keep 'em, ski 'em, have fun w/'em...

or, sell 'em...i don't care...just my quick thoughts.

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Fuck the rest of this... this post justified the entire thread. Thank you, Blurred. BWAAAAAAA!!!

West for the first time to ski? College next fall in CO, if that's what you mean...

Gonna go check all the bids now (if there are any).
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.