Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    it's something but temps are too cold. My son just weighed in. Told me to pick him up some new crampons in Anchorage this week. Looks like some iceclimbing in the works.
    off your knees Louie

It will be weird not seeing you around Haines this season. Best of luck, Ted!! Congrats on crushing it just about as hard as anybody ever has in some of the best zones on the planet!
    Last edited by stalefish3169; 12-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    i hope I am wrong. but you have places that are so far below average it is getting to the point where it will take allot to be average.
    http://aprfc.arh.noaa.gov/data/snow/...php?site=TUGA2
    That link is for Turnagain? 800 miles away? Hhmmm....

that is correct. it was an easy graphic to pull off. I do know I was planning on going to Haines to ski for thanksgiving but did not. We have more snow here and better skiing presently. I would say this is one of the worst early season snowpacks I have seen in 30 years of skiing in Alaska.
    I was trying to give an honest response to when to book. Since Nov., Dec, Jan, are the snow months and Nov. did not really happen it would make sense to wait to Mid January to see what was happening.
    off your knees Louie

hmm ok thanks. any input from the guys up there?
    so hwen does easter usually sell out? I'm a teacher and im bound to my holidays.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Easter falls on March 31st, so it's going to be very busy. As soon as you have dates dialed let me know. I was at 33 mile last Wednesday. There was snow on the ground and the mountains were white. Some friends were sledding the pass, sounds like they found some pow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shred View Post
    After a hell of a run, I am not guiding out of 33 mile this season. 9 years of bliss but I am ready to ski some different mountains in Alaska.

I am officially turning this thread over to Montanamike as the maggot representative for Alaska Heliskiing.

Homie is a great guide, super solid dude and the guy can shred like a mother fucker! Hit him up with any questions but mostly make sure he is the guy you ski with if you want the real experience there.

Juneau anyone??? Let me know.

Ted shred.
    I have decided to not guide at Alaska Heliskiing this season. If you need to make reservations, you can send Vicki an email (vicki@alaskaheliskiing.com) and she will do her best to get back to you. Happy skiing!
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    I have decided to not guide at Alaska Heliskiing this season. If you need to make reservations, you can send Vicki an email (vicki@alaskaheliskiing.com) and she will do her best to get back to you. Happy skiing!
    Wow, massive changes going down at 33 mile this year.