Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Some incredible snow up here near 33mile.

Jesus Christ, this thread is killing me...looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different than last year .

Enjoy it, boys!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Some pics to fuel the stoke lacking in the lower 48. A good year to get up here if you've been thinking about it.....

Drive slow, homie.

See you next week. Looking forward to meeting you Z if you're still around.
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ^ Dude.
    yours truly. wish i was better with the action shots. Or just the shots in general.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLebowSKI View Post
    See you next week. Looking forward to meeting you Z if you're still around.
    Totally. I'll be here.
    Drive slow, homie.

Yesterday was epic. Skied some really great pow, then RJ had a hundred pounds of tanner crab shipped from Kodiak and we feasted!!
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    Yesterday was epic. Skied some really great pow, then RJ had a hundred pounds of tanner crab shipped from Kodiak and we feasted!!
    That, sir, is living the dream!

-dumping again down here, Woot

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    Just got home from 8 days with AH, flew 7/7 and could have gotten some tree runs on the last. With the accident, safety was paramount, and all the guides were super careful yet intent on getting the goods. "Wait, you want me to ski this top to bottom?"

Great snow and a refresh midweek. Thanks to Mike, Beanzy, Nick, Lucas, Tim and esp. to Orion for keeping it rocking. Pics to follow.

Mike, think those boxes were sitting there as we departed, consider yourself lucky it was 100lbs and not 75
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Thumbs up It's hot out. Some random shots...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1595.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	117371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1598.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	117372  
    Drive slow, homie.

^^^^^
    Nice shots, buddy! Hope you are having a nice summer.

After a hell of a run, I am not guiding out of 33 mile this season. 9 years of bliss but I am ready to ski some different mountains in Alaska.

I am officially turning this thread over to Montanamike as the maggot representative for Alaska Heliskiing.

Homie is a great guide, super solid dude and the guy can shred like a mother fucker! Hit him up with any questions but mostly make sure he is the guy you ski with if you want the real experience there.

Juneau anyone??? Let me know.

Ted shred.
    Last edited by Ted Shred; 11-25-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shred View Post
    After a hell of a run, I am not guiding out of 33 mile this season. 9 years of bliss but I am ready to ski some different mountains in Alaska.

I am officially turning this thread over to Montanamike as the maggot representative for Alaska Heliskiing.

Homie is a great guide, super solid dude and the guy can shred like a mother fucker! Hit him up with any questions but mostly make sure he is the guy you ski with if you want the real experience there.

Ted shred.

Thanks for the kind words Ted Shred! I will carry the maggot torch with humility; those are some big snowboard boots to fill. I look forward to many runs with mags this season. It's gonna be deeeep!!!!!!
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Ted you working with APD?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Ted you working with APD?
    Yup, stoked to ride the southern Chilkats all the way to the Taku! I have been dreaming of a shot at the Mendenhall Towers ever since I watched Dave Hatchet open it up in TB3.

Interesting, just looking at the maps down that way. thinking about maybe upper Chilkat or the Taku area. Imagine APD just flys Juneau Borough. Good luck at the new outfit. Better snow soon or we will all be skiing in washington.
    off your knees Louie

Yup, stoked to ride the southern Chilkats all the way to the Taku! I have been dreaming of a shot at the Mendenhall Towers ever since I watched Dave Hatchet open it up in TB3.
    Sick

I've been dreaming of the towers since the pro patrol got a day in skied McGinnis as a warm up, then Stroller White, then Bullard, then the Towers, they had the sickest pics EVER. And that stuff up Davies Creek mmmmmmmmmmmm....

BFD - My friends in J town are freaking killing me, another 6 inches today...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Ted shred.
    See you in a few months Ted! The crew is stoked!

Have a great season Montana. I hope to ski with you again one day.

Dave
    Last edited by DudeLebowSKI; 11-27-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

Sad to hear Ted. Was hoping we'd be able to get out together this year. Stay safe and have a killer season!

Mike, shred with you soon buddy!
    Drive slow, homie.

how soon in advance should be "very interested (=booking)" for end of march? or is everything already fully booked 15 thousand years in advance by regular millionaires and Z?
    the gf (yeah this will kind of be out honeymoon.... ) and me are still checking possibilities, but your operation seems quite mag friendly and we defintely would like to got ot haines. We would like to minimize being stuck in a heli with dentists
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

heh. I don't do much in the way of booking. Unfortunately?

You have time, but end of March is obviously when things ramp up. How many in your group? Just you and the lady?
    Last edited by Z; 12-02-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Drive slow, homie.

I would not book anything this season till the middle of January. Not looking good up here although it is early and can still turn around.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I would not book anything this season till the middle of January. Not looking good up here although it is early and can still turn around.
    I know you had 200 inches at your house by this time last year, but it's December 2nd. And we are talking about conditions 2.5 months away.
    Drive slow, homie.

i hope I am wrong. but you have places that are so far below average it is getting to the point where it will take allot to be average.
    http://aprfc.arh.noaa.gov/data/snow/...php?site=TUGA2
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    i hope I am wrong. but you have places that are so far below average it is getting to the point where it will take allot to be average.
    http://aprfc.arh.noaa.gov/data/snow/...php?site=TUGA2
    Sure. I appreciate your input regardless. I'll counter your local observations with my current long-distance point forecast.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...20712280273437 ~2000ft.

Seems like the track is becoming a bit more favorable for the panhandle.
    Drive slow, homie.