Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have a friend working on buillding a rink in Norwalk CT - I'll PM you if he has interest

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    I'm confused...they're all brand new and 1 to 3 years old?
    They're brand new- just inventory he hasn't sold over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    I have a friend working on buillding a rink in Norwalk CT - I'll PM you if he has interest
    Do that- tell him I'm pretty sure I can offer him the deal he's looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Greenwich Academy in Greenwich, CT has Ice Skating as a gym requirement. One of my co-workers was complaining about buying skates. You may want to give them a call and see if they want to offer your skates to their students/parents.
    Tell your co-worker to STFU because that's what he gets for sending his kid to the snottiest fucking high school in Fairfield County (and that's really saying something).
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    They're brand new- just inventory he hasn't sold over the last few years.
    extreme sizes that don't sell? or a marketable distribution?

how many pairs are there? average cost PP?

There's only a couple companies that build indoor rinks and then there's the zambonie company. Get their mailing lists and you'll have the best sources to sell to.

cha-ching!

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    extreme sizes that don't sell? or a marketable distribution?

how many pairs are there? average cost PP?
    Can't answer this specifically yet- I'm going in to check the inventory today or Monday. From what I gather, its a marketable distribution, not just extreme sizes.

Don't know # of pairs either- I was told "over $30k worth of skates".... will update when I find out.

There's actually a pretty decent market here due to the SJ Sharks and their "Logitech Ice Arena" in San Jose. Tons of rich people whose kids take skating lessons - both hockey & fruity... Seriously though, what you need is a spokesperson...

I was thinking more along the lines of Boitano... his cooking show isn't doing so well so he's got to be free, right?

I am in need of a pair of girls figure skates for my 3 Y/O. I will buy a pair off you .....voila - 30K down to $29,975 just like that......

I knew a girl that was into figure skating and her skates were over a grand, so 30g worth of skates may end up only being 30 pairs or so. This girl actually got us out of trouble when the cops busted up a party at our place in college. They showed up to bust us and realized it must have been a major lame party because she had figure skating on tv and no music was playing, so instead of busting us all for underage they just poured out our beer.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."