Bank of America Are you Kidding?

I guess this is a direct result of PC run amuck?

BANK of AMERICA for chirst sake

BRANCH MANAGER REPORTEDLY ORDERS REMOVAL OF FLAGS PLACED TO HONOR FALLEN MARINE

A South Carolina Bank of America branch is drawing criticism Thursday after an employee reportedly ordered the removal of American flags placed to honor a fallen Marine over fears that people would be offended.

The Palmetto Scoop received one eyewitness email claiming that the branch manager at Bank of America’s Gaffney branch at 1602 West Floyd Baker Blvd. “told a citizen who was preparing the route for a U.S. Marine killed in action in Afghanistan by placing small American flags along the roadway that the flags might upset some of her customers.”

Said the outraged tipster, “[The branch manager] took them down and made the citizen go in to get them if she didn’t want them thrown away.”

The flags were part of the funeral procession of Lance Corporal Christopher Fowlkes, 20, who died last week after an explosion in Afghanistan’s Helmand province.

WSPA-TV has also received similar tips about the “flag flap.”

A teller at the branch confirmed to TPS that the branch manager had been there around the time of the incident but had left for the day.

Bank of America released a statement apologizing for the incident and celled it a misunderstanding.

“We want to ensure the community knows how deeply proud we are of the men and women who have sacrificed so much in service to our country,” the statement said. “The bank does fly the American Flag at our locations throughout the country and flags were displayed in front of our banking center in Gaffney the evening prior to our dedicated Marine returning home.”

UPDATE: WCBD in Charleston reports that Bank of America said the incident was a “miscommunication in corporate policy.” That raises the question, which policy would require employees to remove American flags that are part of a funeral procession for a fallen Marine

A link to the story
    http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2009/09...-sc-flag-flap/

It really has nothing to due with BOA overall, I doubt that corporate even knew what was going on until the news networks starting calling.

That manager is an asshole, and obviously has poor people skills and common sense.

Tippster is always outraged about something.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

You mean all those good ole boys and girls down in S.C. , home of Paris Island and the great training grounds of our time honored marines, would be offended? If some douchebag governor can go off and lie to the citizens, why on earth would they be offended by a few little American flags? I guess them thar South Carolinians aren't too patriotic afterall. Either that or the BofA mgr is one dumb fuck. I'm going with the later. FWIW, BofA sucks big donkey balls. Pulled my acct with them about 10 yrs ago.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Bank of America ($45 billion) - TARP
    I found that pretty offensive, I'm perfectly fine with American flags.

BSS Guest
    I closed my bank of america accounts years ago. I can't think of one single thing they do that appeases me, actually.