Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down David Letterman really is a creep

Letterman admits affairs, claims extortion
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...gyVTgD9B2OMI01

i always thought he was kinda creepy looking

right because people who have sex are creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    If you ask me, whoever had sex with Letterman is the creepy one here.

maybe. but ugly weird people breed all the time. I mean, you can only get so judgmental about it before you become the weird one. I don't know where that line is but it's somewhere.

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Letterman was extorted and victimized and HE is the creepy one?

Seems rather inverted to me.

doughboyshredder Guest
    heh, my thoughts exactly..........

Isn't he married with a kid? So at least his wife and son are with me on this one

WOW, I just watched this on the left coast. It was awkward, sad, kinda uncomfortable, but also very impressive, to watch. I think Letterman did the right thing, given the circumstances. He admitted he's made some very embarrassing and scummy mistakes and he very publicly fessed up to them which is better then what 90% of the other "sinners" would do in the same situation. (John Edwards, GOP congressmen and the Catholic Church, I'm looking at you.) $2 mil ain't peanuts, but Letterman reportedly makes over $30 mil per year so it's not like paying this guy to go away would break him.

It will be interesting to see how CBS and the women involved respond, but the last time I checked sex between two consenting adults is still legal in this country, even if one, or both, of the parties is married, even though the whole "working together" thing could be a bit of a problem problem.

....And Woody Harrelson was fucking hilarious talking about Willy Nelson, Obama, himself and the weed.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Isn't he married with a kid? So at least his wife and son are with me on this one
    Married with a kid ? Wow, he should stay away from switzerland.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Hugh Conway Guest
    this thread is shit.

Watch it while you can. I'm sure this be will pulled pretty quickly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKGnzpFftKA"]YouTube - David Letterman confesses on his show about his sexual relationships with staffers[/ame]

I'm not going to give Dave any credit for publicly confessing because that shit was coming out no matter. He did it on his terms to avoid as much embarrassment as possible. That said, man was that funny. Mildly awkward at times? Sure. But overall - hilarious.

Not only that but, somehow, the whole thing was actually endearing. He admitted that he has made mistakes but appeared to be genuinely remorseful and certainly embarrassed about it. He even expressed concern for all those involved. I like it when real human nature, both good and bad, is laid bare like that, especially with a guy like Letterman who has so much to lose. It sort of restores a little faith in mankind.

So, either Dave really is a decent guy who has a vice (not unlike the rest of us) or he's a sociopath. Either way, that will probably go down as the most memorable moment of his television career.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Married with a kid ? Wow, he should stay away from switzerland.
    At least his kid should.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSpotted... View Post
    He admitted that he has made mistakes but appeared to be genuinely remorseful and certainly embarrassed about it. He even expressed concern for all those involved. I like it when real human nature, both good and bad, is laid bare like that, especially with a guy like Letterman who has so much to lose. It sort of restores a little faith in mankind.

funny how a $2 million extortion threat can elicit 'geniune remorse.'

I quit watching Letterman because of his politics

But I just can't get judgmental because he was getting some at work

So long as everyone was willing. WHO CARES

Getting some strange @ the job is a long time tradition everywhere for evera!

I am glad he got lawenforcment involved in the blackmail case. I hope they do some time

The extortionist must be shitting his pants — thought he was looking at $2m, now is looking at hard time.

Totally disagree about this defining his career.

The Jay Thomas/Lone Ranger story is still the best talk show guest moment of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by stump832 View Post
    You're horrid, and retarded, and you like the Yankees. You lose.

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    The problem with David Letterman is that HE ISN'T FUNNY. Who cares who he had sex with? He sucks at his job.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    And the revelations start...

(Note the highlighted part, doesn't surprise me... classic love triangle story, even IF one leg of triangle is very old)

Stephanie Birkitt: Letterman's Former Lover, Assistant

Stephanie Birkitt has been identified as one of the women involved in the David Letterman extortion plot.

Birkitt, Letterman's former assistant who has made several appearances on the "Late Show," lived with alleged blackmailer Robert "Joe" Halderman, who allegedly "was in possession of Birkitt's diary, correspondence and photos -- which he says incriminated Letterman," according to TMZ.

Sources tell TMZ that Letterman and Birkitt had a sexual relationship that ended before 2003, when his son Harry was born.

Sources tell RadarOnline.com that "Birkitt and Letterman slept together for a period of time before he married his girlfriend Regina had their son Harry" and that Birkitt is reportedly "mortified Halderman is using her fling with Letterman to blackmail her boss."

So who is Stephanie Birkitt?

Birkitt is a 1997 graduate of Wake Forest University who interned in the writers' department at the "Late Show" in spring 1996. After a stint at "48 Hours" -- incidentally, where Halderman worked as a producer -- Birkitt moved back to the "Late Show."

After a job as producer, Birkitt applied to be Letterman's assistant.

"I heard there was a job in Dave's office opening up and I applied, because I didn't think I was much of a news hound, as it was a little too serious for my personality," she told the New Hampshire Union Leader in 2004 (via Nexis).
    Story continues below

In a 2002 interview with Entertainment Weekly, Birkitt called Letterman "the best boss I've ever had."

She expanded on that claim in a 2003 interview with her alma mater, telling a Wake Forest publication:

Aside from being incredibly funny and personable he is generous, kind, and is great fun to play catch with. I really couldn't ask for a more fun work environment. Dave is truly the greatest boss I could ever have.

Birkitt would often appear on the "Late Show" — sometimes as a character, "Vicki." She became well-known for her reports from the Winter Olympics in 2002 and 2006 and her "Jaywalking"-style polls of people on Manhattan's streets. She also interviewed "Survivor" castoffs and appeared in the "CBS Mailbag" segment of the show.

Birkitt appears at 1:00ish;

Birkitt appears at 3:30ish;
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

didn't he call it creepy himself about forty times?

Letterman has a son, Harry Joseph (born in 2003), with Regina Lasko. Harry is named after Letterman's father.[45] In 2005, police discovered a plot to kidnap Harry Letterman and ransom him for $5 million. Kelly Frank, a house painter who had worked for Letterman, was charged in the conspiracy.[46]

Letterman and Lasko, who had been together since 1986, wed during a quiet courthouse civil ceremony in Choteau, Montana on March 19, 2009.[47]
    Letterman announced the marriage during the taping of his March 23 show, shortly after congratulating Bruce Willis for getting married the previous week. Letterman told the audience he nearly missed the ceremony because his truck became stuck in mud two miles from their house.[48] The family resides in North Salem, New York, on a 108-acre (44 ha) estate.[49]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_Lasko#Personal_life

ya think she signed a prenup?

Quote Originally Posted by Buke Skywalker View Post
    The Jay Thomas/Lone Ranger story is still the best talk show guest moment of all time.

yes, yes it is.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Sorry, Dave was a class act. He didn't have to say ANTHING, but he did. He has always risen (no pun intended) to the occasion with many things. If anything, I see Dave as having integrity, honesty, and courage.

This guy is the real deal.

I agree with our new friend here. I could give a shit that Letterman was banging interns or whatever - he handled that extremely well.

I heard Letterman's long time GF, now wife, on Fresh Air years ago. She was a comic writer. She was well aware that he was fucking around. That was their deal. She also suggested that he has a big hog for a cock.

Why the outrage? Are you surprised? All or nearly all of these stars have affairs. Duh. Why? Because they have the opportunity. If you had a bunch of attractive starfucker groupies propositioning you on a daily basis, do you really think you'd say "no" every time?

Although most megastars fuck around, few ever admit it because it would spoil ratings and hurt their personae. I knew a sizzling hot chick who fucked Michael Jordan -- she surmised that MJ had fucked hundreds of women (many high priced whores). Fuck, everybody in DC knew that George Herbert Walker Bush had a mistress when he was president, but it was taboo to talk about it. Then Ken Starr came along. That's another story.

Damn right that he handled it graciously. WTF is wrong with candor and honesty? I guess prudes would rather be lied to, hence we have Fox News and other organized religon.

Quote Originally Posted by Escape View Post
    Sorry, Dave was a class act. He didn't have to say ANTHING, but he did. He has always risen (no pun intended) to the occasion with many things. If anything, I see Dave as having integrity, honesty, and courage.

This guy is the real deal.
    i'm not sure you know what those words mean, cheating on your girlfriend/wife (repeatedly) is pretty much the opposite of what you just said.

So this took place before he was married and before his son was born? WTF is the big deal??

I remember him flirting with that chick on the air big time. Makes sense now.