Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracks Game

I love this thread!

Yeah this game is sick. Maybe we can get Owens to label this as the official TGR video game and put it on the main page. Some inprovments that would be cool. If you could choose from a few skiers each one having their typical characteristics (ie, Pierre could huck farther, Nobis can straightline better than anyone) It would be really dope if you could work in some avalanche danger (I'm sure Conway would love that) If you get more levels it would be super dope if you could land the heli on any peak that you want. That way you wouldn't have to traverse. And you could have a cool heli lander game. It would be pretty cool if you could work in some dude filming from the heli. GOOD WORK EDG!

Quote Originally Posted by edg
    On the new levels front, submit an image in EPS or SWF format, and I'll try and implement it as soon as possible

edg

check your ********@mac.com addy.

this game is amazing and sick and it is definately The tgr game

but if you haven't check out The newschoolers game Jibberish (see sig)
    it kind of evolved the same way as this one with lots of input from the community and one kickass member who put it all together

sorry for the hijack

i think this game should definately keep evolving, like with real grapics and newer sick lines etc. I don't want to push it farther than edg can deal with, but turning it into a first or 3rd person viewed game (in version 9999.0997) i think is where this is headed

to make the newschoolers comparison again
    ns game-jibberish (jibbing)
    tgr game-tracks (sick lines w/ a lil (or lot) of huck)--can you imagine this game at the evolved level of jibberish t'would be orgasmic

edg-im hope this didn't come across as me dumping on your game at all. cause im not, i think its amazing and amazzingly addictive and i honestly don't know which game i like more, I'm just making a prohpecy, a goal maybe, for what this game could become
    Ive always wanted a big mountain game like this

lax
    Last edited by lax; 10-07-2004 at 11:13 PM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

ooooh oooh i got something else awesome

i don't know if this is more anal (hehe) or cool

i was just playing and noticed that the last run-out turn you take at the end is much more satisfying due to the fact that its thicker...whic got me thinking.

since the name of the game is Tracks, could you make the tracks a function of your speed somehow(?gravity?). They get thicker and bolder near the bottom, but that happens at some arbitrary point. It would be pretty sweet too if the tracks looked different when you turned. In the game it looks like you ski faster when you are at the end of a big carve, so maybe this would just be a result of the above function. (isn't this just acceleration? No, oh ok, g-forces? No idea, ok, um..centrifigal forces..

maybe you could get a smart math/physics major type maggot to help you out with this equation/function deal, my input stops at g=9.8(times)something

sweet two of my longest posts ever, hmm at least theyre sort of skiing related
    Last edited by lax; 10-08-2004 at 12:54 AM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

Hey all,

Optics : got you email, but I can't view it 'cos XP sucks; when I get home... Looking forward to it

Lax : Don't worry, that is the direction I'm hoping to go in (Though Version 9999 is probably an appropriate estimation). I'm thinking of adding balance and so forth, first.

On the tracks front, I have them getting thicker as you progress down the slope, but I don't know if Flash's drawing capabilities really pick it up enough. I WOULD like to have a curve going out from the track dependent on the height and the speed, so if anyone can work that out...

edg

No work going to be happening on the game this evening.. Going for a little ski movie marathon this evening to prepare for skiing tomorrow Tonight's movie fest is (in order)...

Blizzard of Ahhs
    WM's Cold Fusion
    WM's Storm
    Focused
    High Life
    Superpark (Thanks again Powmag!)

edg

That was fun. Thanks

How about a close out cliff where you have to pull a parashoot?

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate
    Yeah this game is sick. Maybe we can get Owens to label this as the official TGR video game and put it on the main page. Some inprovments that would be cool. If you could choose from a few skiers each one having their typical characteristics (ie, Pierre could huck farther, Nobis can straightline better than anyone) It would be really dope if you could work in some avalanche danger (I'm sure Conway would love that) If you get more levels it would be super dope if you could land the heli on any peak that you want. That way you wouldn't have to traverse. And you could have a cool heli lander game. It would be pretty cool if you could work in some dude filming from the heli. GOOD WORK EDG!
    ^ This is why he gets paid the big bucks.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Uh, by the way... is this working for anyone else right now?
    It's idomatic, beatch.

its working corn hole.

LAX,
    I cant get jibberish to work. What the hell?

you need winrar to extract the files

search google for winrar, install it, open winrar, open jibberish, extract, play

I think what would make the game kick ass is maybe make it like 4-5 times longer but the same size so when you get to the bottom it just starts scrolling down. And doing that you could have way more different kinds of cliffs and what not. and the different skiers with different abilities sounds cool too. just my input, i cant draw anything tho. kick ass game as it is.

DAMN IT , why the hell won't my arrow keys work for this game??
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

hit tab until it highlight the game. usually 3 times works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kush1
    DAMN IT , why the hell won't my arrow keys work for this game??
    click "dump" once. they should work after that.

Just about to start the multiple 'character' implementation, and just want your thoughts...

Who should I have? And what should their qualities be? What do they look like normally (Colours, mainly)

Should I implement some sort of 'balance'? (speed and sharp turns make you more unstable and can make you fall)

What tricks would you like me to include? (Please include pictures )

Thanks!

edg

Just about to start the multiple 'character' implementation, and just want your thoughts...

Who should I have? And what should their qualities be? What do they look like normally (Colours, mainly)

Should I implement some sort of 'balance'? (speed and sharp turns make you more unstable and can make you fall)

What tricks would you like me to include? (Please include pictures )

Thanks!

edg
    Will you be making any new maps/levels? I think that would be more fun than different skiers.

But as for tricks, a simple back or front flip would be a good start.
    Last edited by dipstik; 10-11-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik
    Will you be making any new maps/levels? I think that would be more fun than different skiers.

But as for tricks, a simple back or front flip would be a good start.
    Not personally, but I will try to implement any maps you guys submit (Still working on yours, optics, don't worry!)

Just trying to get a realistic looking flip animation...

edg

Thumbs up

Not personally, but I will try to implement any maps you guys submit (Still working on yours, optics, don't worry!)

Just trying to get a realistic looking flip animation...

edg

sounds good....

The balance thing might be cool, but not if it's too hard to keep the skier from falling over.

Seth - should be good at launching off cliffs and just generally a smooth skier. Should probably be wearing bright colors? (orange and red)

Nobis - fast and accurate. Wearing whatever.

Hugo - should be difficult for him to fall/crash.

Thats all I got for now...

We should have TGR skiers if its going to be the TGR video game. Nobis skis fast and straight. Will Burks is the same, but much like Hugo, stomps regularly. Pierre, fast can go fartheroff cliffs than anyone, but with a small stomp rating. Sage, fast, goes big, but make it so he can spin faster (and sage doesn't really like to go inverted)

You make some handy points in your post, Tate. I've been considering what variables should be changed to individualize each skier. Hadn't thought of the rotation, but that's a good point. Speed, turning radius, stompability (No, that's not a real word) and huck distance (This isn't all that realistic, but would help disinguish the marginally mentally challenged from the pierre-eque nutjobs) were some I was thinking of, and rotation is a good one to include. If I do put in the balance system, then speed and stability will factor (Straightline guys can accelerate and be stable at much higher speeds, but will be less stable in short, sharp turns), and likewise the big huckers will remain stable in the air for longer than the clean, smooth line guys (Burks being a bit of both). Suggest anything else you think will improve this move towards realism. I'm also working (slowly) towards a scrolling mechanism, but it's pretty tough.

edg