Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracks Game

I rock.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and maybe not so much at image capturing),
    d.

RE

Hey guy your game just RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hours of preparation, i can now do that

or that

The same as the second one, but with a reception in the second narrow lane is hard !!

ah yeah.

gapped.

To get the multiplayer working properly is going to take a while (I need, for a start, to convince my host to let me run a java app on their server, at root level). However, if there is anything you want to see in the normal version of the game, I'll see what I can do! I'm just working a on a little switch mode (Landing and skiing) but if there's anything, just say!

edg

Another level would be great - I love this game - it's prevented me from getting work done whatsoever on my english paper and spanish test. meh. It's all good when you're making tracks.
    PS. Must ski out jump from left rock to far right coulie. grrrr...

have skied out jump from left rock to left coulie, but I can't quite turn fast enough to get the far right coulie. Has anyone done it and has pics to prove it?
    Last edited by seldon; 09-30-2004 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldon
    Another level would be great - I love this game - it's prevented me from getting work done whatsoever on my english paper and spanish test. meh. It's all good when you're making tracks.
    PS. Must ski out jump from left rock to far right coulie. grrrr...

have skied out jump from left rock to left coulie, but I can't quite turn fast enough. Has anyone done it and has pics to prove it?
    New level would be fine - what would you like to see in it (Billy goating little runs, big ass jumps - maybe a level based on a real area at a ski resort?)

edg

Thumbs up

i want a facking huge stupid cliff, and billy goat tech line with lost of small pinpoint airs and crucial moves.

I'd be down for billygoating type stuff - I think that'd be more interesting in a game than one huge ass jump. Or maybe a huge ass jump into a billy-goating area?

Yeah, tons of cliffs, maybe a few new levels. I want one jamie-pierre-is-a-pussy cliff, and lots of stuff to transfer/gap. Maybe jump a whole glade that you can ski through in a different route?

I'm starting working on a level, based on you guy's ideas, keep 'em up and I'll try to keep adding. The new version (with these levels) will have special new modifier, allowing some jumps to be big ass, and others to be little drops (for billy goatin')

edg

edg <--- the fucking mang.

Is there a page somewhere of all the versions so far?

- straight down
    - single cliff
    - cliff with two couloirs
    - cliff, two coolies and a glade
    ... others?

I can't keep track of the links.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Yeah, I'm lost too. Some guidance or new links would be appreciated.

I'll make a little page after I've got this level done. Here's a little snap of a new gap... (It's not done yet, but you can see the billy goating on the right, big ass jump on the left... If there's something you want change, say now!)

edg

if you could make the billygoat area look more like a skull than it already does.... that would be cool.

Thumbs up

If I didn't spend so much time playing this game, I'd have a lot of homework to do....

I'll try the skull thing, perhaps :P The big ass cliff has been implemented, and now you can trasfer basically the whole way across the game area :P

edg

How bout a way to get more speed early on? I don't know how this would be implemented well, ie not a slingshot a la early mario kart, but it'd be a help with the big jump... and getting enuf speed to air it out...

or not...

Quote Originally Posted by seldon
    How bout a way to get more speed early on? I don't know how this would be implemented well, ie not a slingshot a la early mario kart, but it'd be a help with the big jump... and getting enuf speed to air it out...

or not...
    The modifier on the big jump makes that less necessary than on the old version

edg

How about making the "Z" key a drop off button rather than having to mouse left click the drop off button. Just a thought to make the game easier to refresh.

If you want some help in the graphics dept, I'd be happy to do some stuff for you.

Post of the MHTFKNG decade!

Awesome. Class just got way cooler.

Idea - how about changing the acceleration so that it is based on gravity - I would think this would be fairly easy, the skier's angle from straight down would feed into an acceleration equation, the greater the angle, the lower the acceleration.
    More words?

Quote Originally Posted by INDY GS
    How about making the "Z" key a drop off button rather than having to mouse left click the drop off button. Just a thought to make the game easier to refresh.

If you want some help in the graphics dept, I'd be happy to do some stuff for you.
    Good idea, and I would very much Have you any experience in doing graphics in flash itself? As that would make it easy to implement in the game

edg

Thank you for making me look forward to work tomorrow.
    "the fattest of the fat." R.Veltri 1999.

is there a link yet to the new level? i feelin goaty.