Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sweet

I'll take two pair please

this is the shiznit. sign me up for 1 pair.

Should have a JONG price, too.

Cool thread.

The shiznit? Two pair here.

Hope this is just a first run...

I will have to drop myself from the list, will send PM.

Dumb question of the day....my dynafits have a 5 screw toe, with one in the center. I don't see a hole for this in the drawings. Do you just not use that screw, and things will be ok?

Look here:

http://www.wildsnow.com/articles/dyn...nt_2001_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Dumb question of the day....my dynafits have a 5 screw toe, with one in the center. I don't see a hole for this in the drawings. Do you just not use that screw, and things will be ok?
    Not a dumb question IMO. I hadn't noticed that, nor did I notice anybody mention it in the other thread. Very good question methinks.

Its not just your dynafits but ALL dynafits that have that 5th screw.

look at the left plate, you can see the center screw hole.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post

look at the left plate, you can see the center screw hole.
    AHHHHH! I see the light now! My brain was seeing the right plate as the front plate but now I see it.

Nevermind. it was indeed a dumb question.

lol.....thanks guys.

So I'm curious, what are these people that ordered one, going to be doing with them?

I'll take 3 sets- awesome idea, great to see it executed so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Spirit View Post
    So I'm curious, what are these people that ordered one, going to be doing with them?
    Ash doesn't want to drill more holes in her 164 BRO's but wants to slay the inbounds all year as well as do some longer tours. If we use this plate we can mount her brand new Barons onto the BRO's for skiing inbounds/slackcountry and then swap em out for comforts come the corn harvest. Two bindings but only one mount! Brilliant!! Ash gets new Barons and my old Comforts and I get new FT12's!!! Double Brilliant!!!

1 pair skinny skis, 1 pair fat skis. 1 pair of dukes, 1 pair of dynafits.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    My plan too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    i will tentativly take 4 pairs, have to get back up to ak and unpack all my skis to make sure that is what i need and not the ambien talking...
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    My plan too.
    Still not explained. What will you be doing with one (1) pair (2) of the plates?

One pair of skis, two pairs of bindings is the only viable scenario for doing this IMO.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Still not explained. What will you be doing with one (1) pair (2) of the plates?

One pair of skis, two pairs of bindings is the only viable scenario for doing this IMO.
    Yup. For me, swapping dynafits and barons on a pair of DPS 120's for inbounds/ extended bc versatility.

I'll probably be in for a second pair after testing them out though. Anyone running dynafits on legend pros?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Personally, I will mount a DynaDuke set on my 196 lhasa's so that I can run dukes front/slack country, and dynafits backcountry. But then, I have stainless steel threaded inserts for dukes in my 188 bro's - otherwise, I'd want a second set for the 188's.

I imagine that since they are so expensive (cheap relative to the cost of bindings though) many people are thinking that they will start with one set, and if everything works well, then go for more.

Although this is an incredibly niche product, I think it makes sense because of the high cost of bindings, and the separation of use cases for dukes and dynafits. It really makes sense for three types of customers:

*multi-binding: 1 ski + 1 plate + 2 bindings is cheaper than 2 skis + 2 bindings
    *multi-ski quiver: 1 binding + 2 plates is cheaper than 2 bindings
    *multi-ski multi bindings: 2 pairs of bindings for entire quiver.

In the long run, for widespread use scenario, the cost has to come down dramatically - say to $60/set. Then it will become a no-brainer for any of the above catagories.

ps. don't hold your breath for the $60 price tag - that won't happen until I can make 1000 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Do you have a price for shipping to yurp? I´d like two pair, but overseas shipping + tax might kill the deal for my part. I´ll check around with some friends to hear if more people are interested in order to get the shipping price pr pair down.
    I read through the thread but didn't see an answer to this, so bumping the question

1 pair for me please! Thanks.

I don't have shipping information for Europe, but I am willing to do it. If anyone wants to look into the best way (fedex/ups/dhl) to ship to where they are, I would welcome the help. I won't be able to "cheat" on the customs form, so you'll have to pay whatever import tax is applicable.

Curiosity bump.

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    This post reserved for photos of the parts as soon as I receive the first batch from the machine shop (update: scheduled for Oct. 14th). I will include photos of all the pieces in the kit and the DynaDukeS on a pair of skis with FT12 and Duke bindings.
    Did they arrive???