Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1707

Thread: Snow in the PNW

Crystal was amazing today, no lift lines except for High Campbell (which broke down for 1/2 the day) and Southback was bottomless. Oh yeah, and it was sunny!

I rode Mission yesterday, 2' + in Bowl 4. Snowing and blowing all day with summit winds in the 40-60 mph range. The quad never ran so the numerous cars in the lot quickly dispersed. No lines whatsoever on chairs 3 and 4. 6" on top of the groomers made inbounds pretty fun but I was glad to have the splitboard to get out to the goods. I'm sure today was bomber too.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

No lines at Stevens. Snow everywhere. Let's hear it for...

Face Shot Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    LOTS of skier triggered slides on the arm at baker today. nothing huge, but plenty big enough to bury someone. looked like it was the most recent 7" sliding on top of thursday's snow. probably saw 5-7 skier triggered slides in a 5-10 minute span, made even more heart pounding by a bunch of yahoos blasting into the runout area while people skied above them.

lots of stress on the snowpack lately. ski SAFE out there this weekend.
    agreed, baker was a mess today with little slides. I watched a bunch of people kick them lose out there. A few bigger ones further out. Things were really sketchy.

The snow was great at first, but once the sun came out it was fucked. Everything got super baked and chunky. Should have gone yesterday, despite today not sucking.

Also watched some boarder send a cliff out on the arm AT LEAST 100 ft. freaking massive. Some sort of organized film crew was out shooting from the top of chair 8.
    Any ideas who that was? I thought it would be a very gaper-esque thing to walk up to the filmers to ask.
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
    Chair 2 line was indeed long. Two very nice runs thru elevator gate (man, upper nash skied SO nice today) then I got tired of waiting in lift lines and went for a walk across the street up Phantom trees. Two very thoughtful splitboarders had broken a skin track to the top, which I happily utilized...then it was 2000' vert of just fuggin pow and mini golf features to jib on all the way down. Then they oopened the high T and the snow down low went to shite.
    Your welcome. We had to lap it twice it was so nice. You are one of the smarter skiers from alpental today. Here is why

Stevens had great snow today, and yesterday - I'm sure the last (and almost only) proper pow days of the year there. Plenty of deep stuff to get stuck in in any flats. The opened Wild Katz, 7th Heaven open all day, backside torn immediately, Tai Bowl was excellent. Pretty darn crowded tho! True no long lines but the lots were swarmed and the stashes got raided pretty hard. Yesterday was really money and less folks. Glad we were out there in these final moments of true glory

We got in there shortly after it opened. It was, for the most part, gaperville. Got some good turns in, but big time shitshow. Early elevator lines were money.

Quote Originally Posted by RIGAFARI View Post
    Your welcome. We had to lap it twice it was so nice. You are one of the smarter skiers from alpental today. Here is why

Looks like Ill be at stevens tomorrow. Best days this year seem to have been right at the start and right at the end.

i'll be there again in the mornign at Alpy to finish off the end of this great storm cycle. Bummed I didn't run into you more Flowing (we rode together a couple of weeks ago for a few laps before you had to hook up with the fam, Red coat, Billy Goats.) Anyways, hope the avy danger doesn't shoot through the roof with varying temps.

If you see a dude on BG's at alpy, ask for change! Oh, despite the long lines, today definitely Did - Not - Suck!! evvvvvvvvvvvvvverything was sendable. Might not have stuck 100%, but I sure had a good time.
    Just ski down there and jump off something for crying out loud!

http://www.evo.com - http://www.nwac.us/

Quote Originally Posted by cascadianwarrior View Post
    I rode Mission yesterday, 2' + in Bowl 4. Snowing and blowing all day with summit winds in the 40-60 mph range. The quad never ran so the numerous cars in the lot quickly dispersed. No lines whatsoever on chairs 3 and 4. 6" on top of the groomers made inbounds pretty fun but I was glad to have the splitboard to get out to the goods. I'm sure today was bomber too.
    That must have been you I talked to booting out towards Nertz, my partner and I on tele gear. He pooped out at 100 and I hooked up with some other friends and hit Bowl 5 around 300, thigh deep at the top, total white room. Friday was great too, the snow had settled a bit and wasn't the blower of Thursday, but better visibilty and more open terrain made for another epic day, kinda the yin/yang thing. Bowl four was good. Fresh tracks until closing.

Quote Originally Posted by RIGAFARI View Post
    Aha, that was you! I figured a 2 hour skin would have yielded at least the same quantity of skiing (and exceeded the quality) as waiting in lift lines for 2 hours. Thanks for kicking in the skin track.

there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

So bummed I haven't had a chance to go up yet this week. Was it crowded today up at Stevens? Anything left in bounds or am I gonna have to work to get some pow now?
    eating and sleeping is serious business

mhm 4/10

Light crowds, pretty tracked out and baked. Found a few untouched lines of pow that I got balls deep in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    So bummed I haven't had a chance to go up yet this week. Was it crowded today up at Stevens? Anything left in bounds or am I gonna have to work to get some pow now?
    No

Maybe. We found some stashes here and there, maybe you will too.

Probably.

Tour of Mt. Catherine was the tits. Boot-top freshies on N side. Saw two other groups, familiar faces in both groups (as usual). On the return, we saw people doing laps at Hyak, which was pretty cooked out.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    Also watched some boarder send a cliff out on the arm AT LEAST 100 ft. freaking massive. Some sort of organized film crew was out shooting from the top of chair 8.
    Any ideas who that was? I thought it would be a very gaper-esque thing to walk up to the filmers to ask.
    green jacket? Most likely Forest Burki.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    That must have been you I talked to booting out towards Nertz, my partner and I on tele gear. He pooped out at 100 and I hooked up with some other friends and hit Bowl 5 around 300, thigh deep at the top, total white room. Friday was great too, the snow had settled a bit and wasn't the blower of Thursday, but better visibilty and more open terrain made for another epic day, kinda the yin/yang thing. Bowl four was good. Fresh tracks until closing.
    Nice to sort-of meet you up there . I took that lap out to Hourglass and got first tracks @ 1 pm. Finished up with a second lap to Bowl 4, easily some of the best turns of my season. I had thought about Bowl 5 as well but had to get back into town.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

heres Forest going massive at baker Friday
    some other dude went at least 25% bigger, but didnt stick the landing

Last edited by skiingsamurai; 04-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Live

Tom Dick Harry... My favorite little always soft stash...

4/11
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

Bachelor was retarded nice this Saturday w/ absolutely nobody on the mountain. Bluebird day with the some of the best spring corn I've ever skied. I've never seen so many empty chairs. Where were all the loc's?

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    Bachelor was retarded nice this Saturday w/ absolutely nobody on the mountain. Bluebird day with the some of the best spring corn I've ever skied. I've never seen so many empty chairs. Where were all the loc's?
    Way to crowded on the weekends. Monday was very good. Summit Bluebird knee deep mank. Never crossed a track till noon.

Crystal Mountains slackcountry was sick on Saturday but best of all I had it all to myself
    Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    heres Forest going massive at baker Friday
    So that ant in the video is a skier?

huh? no, im pretty sure hes a knuckle dragger

sarcasm meter is broken, cant tell if youre being serious
    I hate mondays
    Live