Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1768

Thread: Snow in the PNW

A few from Hood today.

from accuweather.com:

Much of the Northwest will remain dry and tranquil under partly sunny skies on Sunday, but big changes are on the way by Sunday night into Monday. The first storm in a train will spread rain, mountain snow, and gusty winds back into the region.

The heaviest snow, up to a foot, will fall over the Washington Cascades. Snow levels will start at around 4,000 feet on Sunday afternoon, lowering to as low as 1,500 feet on Monday. This means motorists who travel along mountain passes like Snoqualmie are likely to face poor travel conditions Sunday night and Monday. Gusty winds will even contribute to blowing snow, which will add to the travel concerns.

yay!

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post

Still farmin' it over here at Mission.
    Dude, why are you posting pictures of lame-o sidecountry glades? Did you at least bring your skins and lap that shit? Are you trying to increase traffic at Mission? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 10% Groomed View Post
    A few from Hood today.

Great pics. It was nice to see Meadows enforcing the proper equipment, and a partner for access to superbowl.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Dude, why are you posting pictures of lame-o sidecountry glades? Did you at least bring your skins and lap that shit? Are you trying to increase traffic at Mission? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Don't be a fucking crybaby. So pathetic.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Don't be a fucking crybaby. So pathetic.
    He's a friend of mine you hipster douche bag, I was addressing him, fuck off.

the jet is starting to line up

“The ski resorts, which haven't exactly enjoyed a banner snow year, will finally get a good dump of powder starting Sunday night. One to three feet may fall throughout the course of the week as the precipitation and cold air are here to stay for some time”

Anti Jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I haven't gone through the entire thread but I'm pretty sure that most folks aren't going to venture all the way to Mission Ridge to risk ruining their ski bases on the ubiquitous basalt outcrops only to score a few boot-top powder turns between agonizingly long boot packs and traverses.

PNW

the cascades were super fun this weekend, sunshine saturday was all springy and sunday with high clouds and sun breaks kept the snow just soft enough to give, but firm enough to carve.
    also good news, ski school is over for another season, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Great pics. It was nice to see Meadows enforcing the proper equipment, and a partner for access to superbowl.
    Thanks, but these shots are actually from the next canyon over, Newton. Wanted to get out and turn the wheels some, so we didn't ski the resort. If I knew they were going to open Superbowl, I would have been more inclined to ski there.

Did they have the cat going up there? We thought we could see it running, but refused to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    I haven't gone through the entire thread but I'm pretty sure that most folks aren't going to venture all the way to Mission Ridge to risk ruining their ski bases on the ubiquitous basalt outcrops only to score a few boot-top powder turns between agonizingly long boot packs and traverses.
    Alice was tuckered out yesterday, finished the day on Bowl 5 from the top, her first time.

A really fast shopping cart

awesome shots! Thanks for the stoke

super bowl was open sat, no cat. had to have gear and partner, patrol at cat walk entrance. They closed the up hill from a zone too...looked sweet in the afternoon corn. I lacked 3 of the 4 items needed, pole, shovel and partner.

Saturday was super warm but a ton of fun!

Everyone can thank me with beer, I'm back in chicago this week so of course legit powder all week. Looks like it might actually act like winter this week, unreal!

central cascades

the mtn. was firm today with 4 inches on a hockey rink. it looked awesome from the chair, but once underfoot was knarley. the steeps were well, steep side slipping is not skiing, unless its the only way the low angle routes was the way,still, snow was so light that it had very little cush. we tripped around in the b/c just lookin for smooth terrain, plenty of untracked lines.

my first visits to the white room of the season were earlier today, almost thought it wasn't going to happen this season.

Same conditions down at Bachy. So I grab a pair of SL and trenched the groomers.

Whoa! UW Atom Sci forecast has dialed down snow levels to max 3500' / min 1500' with up to 18" of snow between now and the weekend. Looks like we're in for some great March pow touring! Be careful out there.

dust on crust

well, one more day of feather light snow on boilerplate. on a side note, i rode with a dude from vermont, he seemed to be ok with the conditions, east coast riding conditions must suck because he said that it reminded him of home. warming trend with precip. will return the cascades back to the PNW of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i rode with a dude from vermont.
    had he by any chance recently been on an extensive and heli-assisted tour of the xtal backcountry?

Bwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

^^^^ that sig is awesome.

anyone ski/ride bachelor today? I was wondering how tomorrow a.m. will be? Weather is rolling in !!!!
    "Have you any idea what the street value of this mountain is?!"

Quote Originally Posted by BoogerK12 View Post
    anyone ski/ride bachelor today? I was wondering how tomorrow a.m. will be? Weather is rolling in !!!!
    3/10-Boot top goodness.
    3/11-