Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you put... On your pizza?

Ok so their english, so kinda weird food tastes anyway. I came home tonight to find leftover pizza on the counter, grabbed and slice and nearly gagged cause there was CORN on it!?!

I guess it could counter effect the chese but still, just seems wrong...
    If things seem in control, Your just not going fast enough.

If it was a Mexican type pizza with some black bean, salsa type sauce, and jack/cheddar cheese, I say carry on...
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSpotted... View Post
    If it was a Mexican type pizza with some black bean, salsa type sauce, and jack/cheddar cheese, I say carry on...
    ohh fuck, now I'm hungry. No morning can start good thinking about mexican food mixed with pizza.

Back to topic. I thought Hawaiian pizza sounded nasty the first time I heard of it but now I loves it. Don't not try something just because it 'seems' weird.

Roasted corn and red onion with pancetta, chicken, spinach, and black bean puree and diavolo sauce. Sharp cheddar and jack. Yum.

I made a Mexican pizza (sorta) last night with corn on it. The sauce (thickened black bean soup/salsa/tomato sauce) was still hot when I put it on the dough so by the time I had the pizza topped and ready to slide, it was stuck like glue to the peel. After some cussing and throwing of shit, I turned to violent removal measures and ended up with more of a calzone-slash-blob type thing on the stone.

I stuck with the traditional sauce/cheese/toppings on the next couple pies. The wife took the blob to work.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The Japanese love corn on pizza.

Lobsta..............
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I say game on,
    goes with my, well, actually brognar's theory that if two things taste good separately, they will taste good together (read ritz crackers, grape jelly, and thick sliced pepperoni, try it, its good)
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

"You know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of Ketchup?... Mayonaise."

"Goddam!"

"I've seen 'em do it, man.... they drown 'em in that shit."
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Corn on pizza is good but only if it's fresh sweet corn. It adds a sweetness that can be paired well with other flavors.

was in Austria earlier this year and we ordered a veggie pizza for carry out, get back to the hotel to open it and on the pizza was corn, peas, green beans, carrots, broccoli, & cauliflower. needless to say the pizza wasn't touched and I had to go back and order another pizza.
    ....and michigan still sucks

well your problem was getting pizza in austria...the germanic peoples never really "embraced" the pizza in my experience...now cased meats....that's another story!

Quote Originally Posted by karma View Post
    Ok so their english.
    At least they're not Welsh

Mmmmmmmm, roasted potatoes. Very yummy.

ROASTED POTATO AND ARUGULA PESTO PIZZA (SERVES 2)

CRUST

Use one third of pizza dough (enough for one medium pizza)

SAUCE

Arugula Pesto

TOPPINGS

3 medium red skin potatoes - cleaned, and cut into 1" cubes
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 quart water
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
    ½ teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend of your choice
    ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
    Preheat oven to 400°. In a stock pot, or large sauce pan, bring ½ tsp. salt and water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes. While potatoes are boiling mix the following in a small mixing bowl: EVOO, salt-free seasoning, red pepper flakes, ¼ tsp. salt. Once the potatoes are removed from the stove and strained, add them to the seasoning mix. Toss to coat. Place coated potatoes in a roasting pan and roast at 400° for about 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once during the cooking process.

While the potatoes are roasting, shape your dough into the desired shape, adding as little flour as possible. Poke several small holes in the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling. Transfer pizza dough to whatever, pan, stone, etc you will be using for cooking. Once you have removed the potatoes from the oven, increase heat to 500°. Brush crust with a bit of EVOO, and cook without toppings for about 5 minutes. Add pesto and spread evenly. Then add roasted potatoes, and mozzarella. Cook for 10 or so minutes more, or until golden brown.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

English: there, their, they're. If you want to insult them, in ENGLISH, learn English?

Also, corn on Pizza is fine. NZ culinary delights? Green lipped muscles?
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

NB. Muscle / mussel.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Sausage, Mushroom, and X-cheez, then baked well-done, please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    was in Austria earlier this year and we ordered a veggie pizza for carry out, get back to the hotel to open it and on the pizza was corn, peas, green beans, carrots, broccoli, & cauliflower. needless to say the pizza wasn't touched and I had to go back and order another pizza.
    And did you insist that they speak to you in English too?

P.S. Fuck Ohio State

CORN ON A FUCKING PIZZA!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

/end sarcasm.

It amazes me that people are so sheltered.

I've seen people damn near freak out when they were asked if they wanted white or wheat crust.

I didn't have to speak english, they were speaking english when I went in, I figured being less than 10 min to the Italian border would help out, all of the other pizza we had from the place was great.

the worst was when we went into some place serving mexican, claimed the owner lived in mexico and brought all of her family recipes with her. what a joke, their idea of beans is green beans, they also put squash & carrots in my burrito. needless to say, didn't eat there again.

And GO BUCKEYES!!!
    ....and michigan still sucks

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    CORN ON A FUCKING PIZZA!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

The same people that eat cold toast and drink warm beer.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    The same people that eat cold toast and drink warm beer.
    From a country that boasts the twinky and miller lite, maybe it'd be wise to choose a different battlefield.

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

I've seen people damn near freak out when they were asked if they wanted white or wheat crust.
    That's because they are abominations in the eyes of God... like a well-done steak or boiled chicken.

It amazes me that people are so sheltered.
    ^^ ditto that.

We have a place here that has peanut butter pizza...sounds bad? It's actually REALLY good. They put the creamy peanut butter on it in place of the tomato sauce and then put the regular cheeze and toppings over it. It's not something you would want to eat a whole bunch of, but in small doses it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaskman View Post
    We have a place here that has peanut butter pizza...sounds bad? It's actually REALLY good. They put the creamy peanut butter on it in place of the tomato sauce and then put the regular cheeze and toppings over it. It's not something you would want to eat a whole bunch of, but in small doses it's really good.
    What, nanograms?

Fuck that.