Page 220 of 236 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5879
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Do you have inserts in the Aurelian Ducroz pro models? Or do you just have a pair of those sitting around... If so I know a guy who would probably take them.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Inserts for dfits and 916s,yeah. Keeping them, if nothing else, for wall art. SD105s are overall better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm not. Who knows, maybe someday your paths will cross again...
    Ha. I’m glad you are putting them to good use.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Rip- how you like the Stance over at T-ride? Stable enough for Mach nuts on bushwhacker?

Most definitely... The limiting factor on those skis is in fact.. the size of my own nuts. they a surprisingly high level ski, one that you need to do a five count after you set off down the fall line before you start turning. Enough rocker to be more easily forced into smaller tighter turns but definitely at home going mach looney.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Attachment 400207

today i had finally time for some tlc : )
    so i made a picture what is in use this season so far

armada infictius ti 185 (was on craigslist this year buyer draw back, skied them again, still like ´em)
    faction ct 2.0 183 ( not 100% happy - maybe need a good shop-tune )
    faction ct 5.0 183 roxy design ( remember the pink rossi steeze )
    blizzard 0G 108 178cm ( i love this too)
    blizzard 0G 108 178cm ( i love this ski but it is comming to an end, edges are thin )
    blizzard 0G 105 172cm ( great replacement for the 108s - i need them in 180 too)
    My 2 pairs of 21 CT 2.0 were edge high and felt slow edge to edge and heavy. After a stone grind and sharp tip to tail tune they are amazing skis! A more fun and playful Bonafide 97.
    Mount -3cm from CT mark if you’re used to traditional mounts or -1.5cm for a more playful all mountain twin. Only mount on CT line if you’re mostly park use.
    Great quiver!

The quiver.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UkBCyeti View Post
    The quiver.

Well, the 80 makes it...

You mean what's left of the 80?
    It's still running I guess

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post

Icelantic Nomad 115, STH 16 - I've owned many Icelantics over the years. Always loved the 115 Nomad the best. Wide, non-tapered tips for grip on groomers (like a Black Ops or Candide 5.0), way different feel than the Protos, combined with the very minimal camber underfoot (still manueverable) make this good/useful at Whistler where you see everything in a day.
    Curious what you think about these or the 105's setting in between Mantra 102's and Proto 118's in a quiver? I have always had a soft spot for Icelantics and want a pair and sort of want a more playful ~110mm underfoot ski to fit in between the other two I mentioned. I am actually leaning towards the 105's, but heard they both ski very similarly so thought you might have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ricard View Post
    Curious what you think about these or the 105's setting in between Mantra 102's and Proto 118's in a quiver? I have always had a soft spot for Icelantics and want a pair and sort of want a more playful ~110mm underfoot ski to fit in between the other two I mentioned. I am actually leaning towards the 105's, but heard they both ski very similarly so thought you might have an opinion.
    The 105 Nomads are about 112mm under foot in the 191cm length. They are pretty close to the dimensions of the 115s.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The 105 Nomads are about 112mm under foot in the 191cm length. They are pretty close to the dimensions of the 115s.

Yeah, we're on the same page, I think its 111, but same difference - hence why they work well for a ~110ish underfoot ski that (I've read) is more playful but not dog shit on groomers. I'm usually setting things up on the line or slightly forward, so not really interested in the park oriented stuff.

From searching/reading around here you ski a ton of stuff as well - any opinion?

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

I currently own the 2021 181cm Nomad 115 (150-115-140). And previously owned the 2018 181cm Nomad 105 (140-105-130). I didn’t need both. I prefer the 115, cause I like wide skis. And the mix of minimal camber (2mm) but huge non-tapered tips/tails that are not too stiff mean the Nomad can can be playful and slide/pivot in tight spots and still rip groomers back to the lifts. It's like a Faction Candide 5.0 with a bit of camber. They are so good in really deep pow…the tips float!

Don’t mount at the “bc” line which is -9cm. Go to +2cm to +3cm. I'm at -6.5cm.

The 115s big tips float so nice in deep stuff, never had tip dive even when mounted a few cm forward.

This was at Red Mountain:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_4953.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	402799

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0491.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	690.0 KB 
ID:	402800

Here are my 181 cm Nomad 115s beside my 180 cm 118 Protos...similar length so the Icelantics measure about 1cm short. Such different tips! Both great skis though.

Name:	IMG_4788.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	960.7 KB 
ID:	402801
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-25-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I currently own the 2021 181cm Nomad 115 (150-115-140). And previously owned the 2018 181cm Nomad 105 (140-105-130). I didn’t need both. I prefer the 115, cause I like wide skis. And the mix of minimal camber (2mm) but huge non-tapered tips/tails that are not too stiff mean the Nomad can can be playful and slide/pivot in tight spots and still rip groomers back to the lifts. It's like a Faction Candide 5.0 with a bit of camber. They are so good in really deep pow…the tips float!

Don’t mount at the “bc” line which is -9cm. Go to +2cm to +3cm. I'm at -6.5cm.

The 115s big tips float so nice in deep stuff, never had tip dive even when mounted a few cm forward.

This was at Red Mountain:

Here are my 181 cm Nomad 115s beside my 180 cm 118 Protos...similar length so the Icelantics measure about 1cm short. Such different tips! Both great skis though.
    Thanks for the feedback! This is pretty much what I am looking for - a ski that is "playful and slide/pivot in tight spots and still rip groomers back to the lifts". I'm not the best tight spot/tight tree skier, and want a ski to go hit those trails and work on that more. Also looking at the M-Free 108's, but from what I read I think the Nomads are a better fit. Since the 118's Protos are more of a charger (that can smear when you need it, but not its real goal) I figured there wouldn't be too much overlap.

If you like stiff skis, you’ll like the Nomad 105. It’s not my style, but it does slid in nicely to your quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    If you like stiff skis, you’ll like the Nomad 105. It’s not my style, but it does slid in nicely to your quiver.

Interesting 🧐 I fell in love with the old Icelantic Keeper (119 waist)due to its playful charger demeanor (only ski still in my quiver from 10 hrs ago fwiw). Fast fwd: Bought the 191 Nomad to fill the elusive 110 waist spot and ended up selling it after only a year cuz it was too soft / vague feeling. I tried to like it, but found myself wanting more from it. See a ton of them at front range resorts + cool company that stands behind their product= maybe I’m an outlier.

I am 6’3”/205# / telemark as a data point. Icelantic fanboy still- Would love to try Saba Pro at some point
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    Interesting 🧐 I fell in love with the old Icelantic Keeper (119 waist)due to its playful charger demeanor (only ski still in my quiver from 10 hrs ago fwiw). Fast fwd: Bought the 191 Nomad to fill the elusive 110 waist spot and ended up selling it after only a year cuz it was too soft / vague feeling. I tried to like it, but found myself wanting more from it. See a ton of them at front range resorts + cool company that stands behind their product= maybe I’m an outlier.

I am 6’3”/205# / telemark as a data point. Icelantic fanboy still- Would love to try Saba Pro at some point
    Yeah. Idk, a buddy skied for them for almost 10 years, and I got to try most of his skis, never felt like I wanted one of them to replace something I already had. But, I’m picky and have learned the hard way to avoid the boutique, small, and medium ski companies. I have not out there to swoosh around on a Saturday/Sunday and figured out I’m very picky. Yeah I know some years my quiver was huge, but I figured out I was only skiing 4-6 pairs on most of the days I skied 100+ days. 194 MX98, Rustler 9, Blank, BMX 115, Pon2oon, are it for me, and the Pon2oons get 2 days a year if they are lucky. I picked up a pair of ZX108s, which I loved when I demoed, but they might not make it because I’m picky.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

How the quiver started this season:

Name:	Image1643434316.871514.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	403343

How it’s going:

Name:	Image1643434516.172548.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	403344

192 Dynastar M-Free 108
    191 4frnt Renegade

Decided I wanted to start fresh with the quiver at a new mountain. Really missed having a pair of Renegades, interested in seeing how they compare to my old 16/17s and the owls once I have more time on them.

Gonna put the Devastators and the white walkers up for sale, already got rid of the BC120s.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The plan is to sell my wood108s, wood116s and BGasyms after trying them back to back with the new skis, but time will tell what happens.
    lmk if you're planning on getting rid of the asym BG
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    How the quiver started this season:

Name:	Image1643434316.871514.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	403343

How it’s going:

Name:	Image1643434516.172548.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	403344

192 Dynastar M-Free 108
    191 4frnt Renegade

Decided I wanted to start fresh with the quiver at a new mountain. Really missed having a pair of Renegades, interested in seeing how they compare to my old 16/17s and the owls once I have more time on them.

Gonna put the Devastators and the white walkers up for sale, already got rid of the BC120s.
    what was your impression on the WW?

Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    what was your impression on the WW?
    Liked it but didn't love it. Suited my skiing more in Colorado than it does up here at Kicking Horse. It's fantastically quick to pivot, great to play on smaller features, balanced in the air and plenty of tail support for landing sketchy. Mounted at Sammy's line (-2 from center) it has a lot of tail and not much tip, especially with the "pin-tip" shape and camber so doesn't float like the BC120 or Rens. Felt like I was constantly adjusting my fore-aft positioning to not feel like going over the front or riding backseat. Quite stiff underfoot, tons of camber so really loads up and pops, ollies like a skateboard & i found it easy to air from turn to turn in powder. Not as forgiving as the BC120s or as large as a sweet spot, but felt more like a precision tool.

I'm torn between selling them or remounting with a pin setup for pillows and tree skiing where im not dealing with resort conditions. Maybe go -1 /-1.5 from sammy's line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Liked it but didn't love it. Suited my skiing more in Colorado than it does up here at Kicking Horse. It's fantastically quick to pivot, great to play on smaller features, balanced in the air and plenty of tail support for landing sketchy. Mounted at Sammy's line (-2 from center) it has a lot of tail and not much tip, especially with the "pin-tip" shape and camber so doesn't float like the BC120 or Rens. Felt like I was constantly adjusting my fore-aft positioning to not feel like going over the front or riding backseat. Quite stiff underfoot, tons of camber so really loads up and pops, ollies like a skateboard & i found it easy to air from turn to turn in powder. Not as forgiving as the BC120s or as large as a sweet spot, but felt more like a precision tool.

I'm torn between selling them or remounting with a pin setup for pillows and tree skiing where im not dealing with resort conditions. Maybe go -1 /-1.5 from sammy's line.
    FWIW, Mounted mine on the traditional line and have loved them there. Also have the BC120 mounted -2 from recommended and preferred that to the recommended also.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwald View Post
    FWIW, Mounted mine on the traditional line and have loved them there. Also have the BC120 mounted -2 from recommended and preferred that to the recommended also.
    I loved my BC120s on the rec line, and never felt too far forward, which I credit to the softer flex and larger tip. I'm sure ill buy another pair eventually as I just meshed with that ski so well. The furthest back mount I've enjoyed on any ski is -6 (excluding the L138s) with my last 10ish pairs of skis between -2 and -6.
    Admittedly I was slightly hesitant to go to Sammys line on the WW but figured that it matched the shape of the ski quite well. As I said, I didn't hate them, and the only times I didn't enjoy my time on the ski was in conditions/terrain that they weren't designed for. Last season in Colorado I never felt any of the issues that I have up here but the terrain comparison is apples to cheese.
    The WW just took too much of my concentration to ski in terrain that required all of my focus to survive. Love the intuitive feel of the MF108, im already skiing better than I ever did on the WW.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 11.12.02 PM.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	406165

2022 update.
    Skidoo Summit 850 165
    4frnt Devastator 194 w/Wardens
    4frnt Renegade 196 w/CAST
    4frnt Raven 190 w/CAST
    k2 Mindbender 99ti 191 w/CAST
    Shark Snowsurf Goblin 155 powsurf
    Dupraz D1 6'3"/193cm snowboard.
    Lange XT3 boots with Zipfit Gara & GFT liners.
    Vans powsurf boots.
    some old snowboard boots.

Everything gets used. Everything is awesome, and I'd recommend it all.
    the only things new this year are the Dupraz, the zipfit GFT's and a machine update.
    Last edited by Judo Chop!; 02-16-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Whoa, that Duprez is a big gun!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Whoa, that Duprez is a big gun!
    so fun

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    so fun
    How do you like the foam knee pad/guards? Do they help your keeps and riding? I just saw them for the first time yesterday and they look like a genius idea.