Page 189 of 235 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5859
    Quote Originally Posted by albrechtmyers View Post
    Does anyone know how many posts you need to make so you can create a thread?
    pm rontele

My quiver these days.

Left to right:

184 Praxis Piste Jibs

186 Dynastar Legend x88s

192 Dynastar Pro Riders

193 ON3P Super Goats

196 Blizzard Bodacious Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200128_212606.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	312825

^^ very nice sir.

How does the prorider compare to the bodacious?

Huh, I guess I've never really thought to compare the two. Both skis are metal, damp, fat GS style skis.

The Bodes are the best carving 115+ ski I've skied and the Pro Riders absolutely rip when you set them on edge.

The Dynastars have a lot of camber which I think makes them better in junk snow. Set your edge and they don't get knocked off line by refrozen chicken heads, death cookies, small children, ect.

Bodes have minimal camber (almost flat), have more rocker and are wider so they float better in pow, are looser and easier to slarve.

Both skis are fast as fuck and take quite a bit of pilot input to ski them well. I do think that the Bodes are a bit more work than the Pro Riders but they are so much fun to open up and rage down the mountain on that I haven't yet regretted grabbing them in the morning over other skis.

But if I had to pick a two ski quiver it'd be the Pro Riders and the Super Goats. Those skis complement each other so well. SGs are loose and fun but can rage. Plus they absolutely smash soft chop unlike any other skis I've ever been on. PRs carve like a mofo and are so good in variable snow when the fresh snow is not in abundance. They work well together.

Edit to add:

My dream resort powder charger ski would be if I could combine the soft snow characteristics/feel of the Super Goat with the hard snow (carving) characteristics/feel of the Bodacious. That would be the ultimate resort powder weapon. :drool:

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post

My dream resort powder charger ski would be if I could combine the soft snow characteristics/feel of the Super Goat with the hard snow (carving) characteristics/feel of the Bodacious. That would be the ultimate resort powder weapon. :drool:
    I think that's the Soul7

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    I think that's the Soul7
    Heh. I hear that it's the pinnacle of design and performance.

Heh. I hear that it's the pinnacle of design and performance.
    You should try my new wailer 105s if you make it to Alpental this season

Well, let's get specific.

What is the profile of that dream resort powder charger? What does it look like on paper if a Super Goat and a Bodacious had a baby?

That's a pretty diverse group of chargers, though, depending on your resort. I mean, my resort-pow-charger for Japan is vastly different than my resort-pow-charger for Tahoe. And I don't really need to marry any skis to make either happen for an ideal find.

The Renegade is a sick JP daily driver. The Protest is also calling. And if I was still lapping Kirkwood on the daily, I'm pretty sure the GPO would be hot on my radar. Yet, neither of these skis cross cultures very well as daily resort-pow-chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    You should try my new wailer 105s if you make it to Alpental this season
    Yes. I'm going to try to make my way up there and ski this season. I've been really curious about those 105s and you're always welcome to take my skis out for a spin.

196 Blizzard Bodacious Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200128_212606.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	312825
    I’ve got a pair of these on the way, and I’m super excited. The edge hold and carving of a Blizzard with what I hope will be the full rocker feel of the Shiro. How is the swing weight? Do they feel heavy on your feet?

I’m putting the Bodacious up against 193 and 203 Shiros, 193 Kaestle BMX 115, and 196 Protests in my quiver. That’s a pretty stacked lineup they are competing against, but I’ve heard good things and I’m optimistic they will knock 1 to 3 pairs out of my quiver. If the Bodacious have a slightly stiffer tip then the BMX 115 but maintain that solid feel under foot, and don’t have the huge bash into everything tip feel of the Shiros, I’m going to be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Well, let's get specific.

What is the profile of that dream resort powder charger? What does it look like on paper if a Super Goat and a Bodacious had a baby?

That's a pretty diverse group of chargers, though, depending on your resort. I mean, my resort-pow-charger for Japan is vastly different than my resort-pow-charger for Tahoe. And I don't really need to marry any skis to make either happen for an ideal find.

The Renegade is a sick JP daily driver. The Protest is also calling. And if I was still lapping Kirkwood on the daily, I'm pretty sure the GPO would be hot on my radar. Yet, neither of these skis cross cultures very well as daily resort-pow-chargers.
    I love Protests. They are such an awesome loose and drifty deep day ski. I actually have a pair of virgin 196s (flex 4) awaiting clamps.

And the GPO is one of my favorite all time skis. Initially I thought the GPO was somewhat underwhelming and meh. So I forced myself to ski it and after 10 or so days it became just about the only ski I'd grab from my ski bag. It is a jack of all traits type of ski that was a blast to ride. It was quick, nimble, poppy and fun. My pair delamed so I bought the SGs.

The SGs are the best resort powder ski I've ridden. I think that Protests, in their drift goodness, are better in untouched fresh snow but the SGs shine as the resort gets tracked up. SGs smash soft chop. But they are meh when put on edge carving back to the lift. They hold an edge just fine but they aren't very inspiring when it comes to carving. And that's where the Bodes come in.

Bodes feel damp, powerful, heavy and full of metal when you're skiing them. I love the way they feel on my feet. They are definitely more work in fresh that the SGs but they smear and drift just fine as long as you put enough energy into them. But where the Bodes truly shine over the SGs is on the groomer heading back to the lift. They can carve a turn and they do it so well. Once you set your edge they feel unflappable and absolutely confidence inspiring. They make the last few hundred vertical feet on groomers so much fun.

So what does the profile look like if the SGs and Bodes have a baby? Is it going to be the low slung rocker splay of the Bodacious or the impressively tall tips of the SGs? What's they layup going to consist of if these two skis fuck and have a baby? Bamboo and metal? I don't know nor do I really care. I just want to be able to get loose and slarve with abandon in fresh while smashing soft chop like a boss when it dares to cross my path. As well as carving at stoopid speeds on my way back down to the lift. While feeling the ski load up deep into every turn and releasing all that pent up energy with reckless abandon on my way down. Is that all too much to ask for???

I know.... Bodacious are one of my favorite ski's ever. Just had an great day skiing on them this morning (it FINALLY snowed in Europe!) and they never feel really out of place, although i do take the cochise out when it hasnt snowed in a while. I guess cochise vs prorider would be the more apples to apples comparison.
    Skibrd, based on your preferences, i doubt you will be disappointed.

Edit to add:

You just described my build in the Lhasa Fat. Heavy core stiff flex. They do exactly what you described.

Dynastar proto? I am going to sell my pair soon, I have LVS’ race room pair

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’ve got a pair of these on the way, and I’m super excited. The edge hold and carving of a Blizzard with what I hope will be the full rocker feel of the Shiro. How is the swing weight? Do they feel heavy on your feet?

I’m putting the Bodacious up against 193 and 203 Shiros, 193 Kaestle BMX 115, and 196 Protests in my quiver. That’s a pretty stacked lineup they are competing against, but I’ve heard good things and I’m optimistic they will knock 1 to 3 pairs out of my quiver. If the Bodacious have a slightly stiffer tip then the BMX 115 but maintain that solid feel under foot, and don’t have the huge bash into everything tip feel of the Shiros, I’m going to be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The Bodacious feel heavy. They don't disappear under your feet. You always know that they're there. I love the rocker profile and tip splay on these skis. The fairly deep rocker lines with low splay is money.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You just described my build in the Lhasa Fat. Heavy core stiff flex. They do exactly what you described.
    Maybe I should've bought a heavy core like you but I wasn't looking for a replacement ski. I was looking for something to compliment my SG so I bought the enduro core.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200128_212951.jpeg 
Views:	174 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	312872

Nah man, you did good going with your build like we discussed.

The Bodacious feel heavy. They don't disappear under your feet. You always know that they're there. I love the rocker profile and tip splay on these skis. The fairly deep rocker lines with low splay is money. Maybe I should've bought a heavy core like you but I wasn't looking for a replacement ski. I was looking for something to compliment my SG so I bought the enduro core.

Name:	20200128_212951.jpeg 
Views:	174 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	312872
    Beauties, Kopi_Red. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Beauties, Kopi_Red. All of them.
    Thanks! I'm going to go over to NW_Skier's place and mount up the Lhasa Fats and Protests soonish. I'm waiting to mount the Ducroz until I get my hands on the new look forza 2.0 colorway.

Thanks! I'm going to go over to NW_Skier's place and mount up the Lhasa Fats and Protests soonish. I'm waiting to mount the Ducroz until I get my hands on the new look forza 2.0 colorway.
    Soonish? Thought I wasn't going to see you until late March?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Soonish? Thought I wasn't going to see you until late March?
    I didn't say I was waiting for you to be home in order to mount up my skis 🤪
    Last edited by Kopi_Red; 01-30-2020 at 09:55 PM.

I wasn't planning on buying any more skis this year, but the Bibby siren song called.

I get that^^^

Name:	quiver.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	885.0 KB 
ID:	313207

The Wildcat + Shift combo looks really great !

After some wonderful testing this weekend in 2+ feet of fresh, I’ve finally confirmed all the spots in my quiver for the indefinite future.

Left to right:

2017 191cm ON3P Cease and Desists. Mega rocker, asym, attack demo bindings for sharing.

2019 189cm ON3P Cease and Desist + Attack 16 Bindings

192cm Praxis Protests, Enduro Veneer 3 Flex + Attack 16 Bindings

191cm Praxis Lhasa Pow Fats, Enduro Veneer Med Flex + Attack 16 Bindings

182cm Praxis Quixotes, Heavy Carbon Veneer 4 Flex + FKS 180 Bindings

184cm Praxis Piste Jibs, Heavy Veneer 3+ Flex + Pivot 18 Bindings

180cm Blizzard Brahmas + FKS 180 Bindings

Name:	IMG_4948.JPG 
Views:	462 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	314851

Also apparently expanding my quiver out in other ways now, Salomon X Pro 130 Boots with ZipFit Freeride Liners, Atomic Hawx Prime S 130 Boots with Intuition Pro Wraps. Praxis Sapling Ski Poles, Scott Aluminum Ski Poles

Name:	IMG_4946.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	314852

Sick lineup man!