Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181
Results 4,501 to 4,512 of 4512
    The fact that the Quiver thread is alive makes me happy.

Cold wind and rain outside. Maybe a hint of yellow in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Hereís where Iím at...

Attachment 282601

190 Black Crows Noctas
    188 Black Crows Anima Freebirds
    184 ON3P Wren 108ís
    184 Black Crows Atris
    184 Moment Wildcat 108ís
    184 4FRNT Ravens
    178 Black Crows Orbs

Yes, I have three skis that are 108 underfoot... one of them will not make it long.
    TahoeJ - how do you like the Noctas? I have the same pair waiting to be mounted...

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ Heresy!!!

Even though I think I'm the same boat.

I’ve added two pair since I posted that picture, and I’m not skiing 100+ days a year anymore. And on the 70 or so days I did ski, I put a total of three runs on the volkls and one day on the movements. In one of the best seasons we’ve had in a quarter century.

And yeah, sf, glad to see the quiver thread alive again, I love perusing this and wondering why everyone is so short and fat nowadays. Their skis, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    105 is significantly lighter, floats better, and has a smoother turn initiation and finish in tight terrain, especially with lighter wimpier boots. It gives up some of the power of the 108 through the tip. Itís distinctly more of a soft snow touring ski where I thought the 108 could be a touring focused do it all ski for more variable conditions. I much prefer braking trail with the 105, but would rather have the 108 when conditions get cruddy.
    Thanks. Sounds like the 108's may need a backup pair.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2853.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	293434

Mounted up my new skis. The quiver is shaping up for this winter nicely, shouldnít have too many changes as the season goes on. I would like to add a light weight pow touring ski I can mount Kingpins to. The UL ARV JJ 116, or something in that weight and size range.

187 Blizzard Brahma w/ Look PX 18
    Carving rip around ski. Great low snow day ski. Iím excited to have a narrow ski again.

188 Blizzard Rustler 9
    Low snow touring ski. Getting a pair of G3 Ion 12s mounted on them soon. Replacing the QST 99 I toured on last winter. Hoping these will be easier to ski in variable conditions.

194 Kaestle MX 98 w/ Look Pivot 18
    My go to inbounds tram lap ski. This is my 3rd and final pair. Hopefully they have 250-300 days in them like my last pair.

204 Faction Candide 3.0 w/ Look Pivot 18
    Hopefully my go to every day ski. It was a toss up between the 192 and 204 3.0s, I went big cause I should be fine on them. The flex profile is really nice, just hoping they hold up to a seasons worth of abuse.

195 Praxis Super Freerides w/ Look Pivot 18
    Heavy snow pow ski, when itís creamy in late Feb/early March, nothing is better. Tried selling them and couldnít ship them off, too much fun when itís right. Enduro core w/ carbon, 4 flex

193 Volkl Shiro w/ Cast 1.0 Pivot 18
    Old reliable. Resort pow ski, reliable, and good at what they do. Have some quirks, but just donít lean them over too far and the massive tip wonít catch on anything.

203 Volkl Shiro w/ Look Pivot 18
    Big mountain pow ski. These come up when itís deep enough to let them run on big faces. Last year it was never quite right and they stayed away. Hopefully this year we will get lucky and Iíll be able to get them for a run. Really saving these for if I get to go to AK some year, cause I canít think of a better ski for my style skiing on huge faces.

196 Praxis Protest w/ Look Pivot 18
    Deep snow ski, Japan ski, any time the report is 12 inches or more over night, and no one is fudging numbers. Hoping to get them out more this winter well sled skiing. Enduro core w/ carbon, 4 flex. Maybe should of gotten them in a 3 flex, they are stiff.

I have two goals for the winter for the quiver. First I want to see if Iím comfortable with just the Super Freerides, or the 193 Shiros. Second, I think the 196 Protests will be fine on big faces, if they are, can they fill two notches and can I sell the 203 Shiros. Third, will I like the Candide 3.0s? They arenít what I usually like in a ski, but I didnít think Iíd like the ARV JJ 116, but I enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

My herd is scattered but a recent re-addition I am proud of. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1584.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	293437
    Last edited by Doremite; 09-08-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    My herd is scattered but a recent re-addition I am proud of. Click image for larger version. 

Those look mint nice addition

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

I donít think theyíve seen a day on snow. They had mint S914s but needed to remount anyway so shifted the purpose of the Pivots.
    Uno mas

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post

AND volkl-built kahunas? You are a true connoisseur.

Yessir. My quiver is trending to a collection. That said all will be skied. Those Kahunas RIIIIP. I love them for high speed groomer bombing. Havenít been on explosivs in 10+ years. Canít wait.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2853.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	293434

Mounted up my new skis. The quiver is shaping up for this winter nicely, shouldnít have too many changes as the season goes on. I would like to add a light weight pow touring ski I can mount Kingpins to. The UL ARV JJ 116, or something in that weight and size range.

187 Blizzard Brahma w/ Look PX 18
    Carving rip around ski. Great low snow day ski. Iím excited to have a narrow ski again.

188 Blizzard Rustler 9
    Low snow touring ski. Getting a pair of G3 Ion 12s mounted on them soon. Replacing the QST 99 I toured on last winter. Hoping these will be easier to ski in variable conditions.

194 Kaestle MX 98 w/ Look Pivot 18
    My go to inbounds tram lap ski. This is my 3rd and final pair. Hopefully they have 250-300 days in them like my last pair.

204 Faction Candide 3.0 w/ Look Pivot 18
    Hopefully my go to every day ski. It was a toss up between the 192 and 204 3.0s, I went big cause I should be fine on them. The flex profile is really nice, just hoping they hold up to a seasons worth of abuse.

195 Praxis Super Freerides w/ Look Pivot 18
    Heavy snow pow ski, when itís creamy in late Feb/early March, nothing is better. Tried selling them and couldnít ship them off, too much fun when itís right. Enduro core w/ carbon, 4 flex

193 Volkl Shiro w/ Cast 1.0 Pivot 18
    Old reliable. Resort pow ski, reliable, and good at what they do. Have some quirks, but just donít lean them over too far and the massive tip wonít catch on anything.

203 Volkl Shiro w/ Look Pivot 18
    Big mountain pow ski. These come up when itís deep enough to let them run on big faces. Last year it was never quite right and they stayed away. Hopefully this year we will get lucky and Iíll be able to get them for a run. Really saving these for if I get to go to AK some year, cause I canít think of a better ski for my style skiing on huge faces.

196 Praxis Protest w/ Look Pivot 18
    Deep snow ski, Japan ski, any time the report is 12 inches or more over night, and no one is fudging numbers. Hoping to get them out more this winter well sled skiing. Enduro core w/ carbon, 4 flex. Maybe should of gotten them in a 3 flex, they are stiff.

I have two goals for the winter for the quiver. First I want to see if Iím comfortable with just the Super Freerides, or the 193 Shiros. Second, I think the 196 Protests will be fine on big faces, if they are, can they fill two notches and can I sell the 203 Shiros. Third, will I like the Candide 3.0s? They arenít what I usually like in a ski, but I didnít think Iíd like the ARV JJ 116, but I enjoyed it.

Nice quiver.

So what is the not-so-low-snow touring rig? Shiros w cast? Or do you only tour w low snow

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Nice quiver.

So what is the not-so-low-snow touring rig? Shiros w cast? Or do you only tour w low snow
    Why tour when itís deep? I have a snow pony for that, duh!

Actually, just havenít figured out a deep snow touring ski yet. Havenít done much (or very far) touring when the pow is good to get after via lifts. Iím also very picky about my soft snow skis, and finding a pow touring ski thatís over 190 cm that I like, has been a challenge. The Armada ARV JJ 116 UL is my radar, as is the Armada Tracer CHX. I thought BlackCrows did an 190 plus Freebird touring ski, but I donít see it for sale anywhere. If I like the Candide 3.0s, the 192 3.0 or the 192 4.0 might slide into that deep snow touring spot. Or maybe Iíll just man up and drag the Shiros w/ cast plates around. Who knows...